Is SM crazy?

• How they found, trained and managed to debut Kim Minjeong aka Winter?

Not even a stan but I haven't seen an idol with so much potential since the days of it girls like Suzy and Jennie (it's very rare in the 4th gen tbh), and it's even crazier how she doesn't only have the potential as visual/it girl but I actually can see her having a career like Taeyeon (not to start comparisons but she is the standard of a successful idol member turned to soloist).

A strong fanbase + top group status + recognized vocals which can lead her to be a top soloist, all of that paired with the right little sister/cutie/soft image that made others like IU and Taeyeon so loved. She has the perfect formula which makes an idol go beyond the "member of a popular group" or "good singer" level. She's on the next level literally! Even the amount of viral material is crazy, like the amount of views in her GOT fancam surpassing many older idols best records...

It's a wonder SM found her in the right time and debuted her with aespa. People with inferiority complex say so much about the group final line-up but when you already have a Winter in the group, you don't need anyone else, she's destined for much more than a simple visual position which other idols can keep.

winter-aespa.gif

I can't wait to see what will happen when SM starts giving the girls individual promotions.

• honestly all the members have so much potential as individual

and Winter especially

if SM can play their card right they might have an it girl actress/solo singer in their hand

she's getting a lot of attention for her visual and attention from the Gp for her personality which is two very important thing to become an it girl

She's also getting a lot of praise for her vocals, i can't remember the last time we had an it girl being praise for her vocal skills too and not just her visual

but also the good thing is that Winter first dream was to become an actress, and with the SMCU video etc... SM is slowly training them to act in front of a camera, and it will be a great experience for them if they want to dive into acting next

it might be a bold statement but honestly if SM play their card right and gave her the right solo promotions and song, she might be a kind of IU 2.0, IU career took off expentionally these last years since she start to act in drama and be more expose to the GP by becoming a household name in music and acting

and beside IU i can't think of anybody else who have such a successfull career in acting and singing

+ The covers she did of IU songs, prove that she's as vocally talented than IU and they both have this innocent cute visual

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Karina and Winter being part of the same group. I haven't see such a powerful duo in kpop in a while. And ningning seems to be in the way to be the ifans darling + her vocal talent alone can take her to many places. Even Giselle with all the negativity has great potential as writter/rapper imo.

But yeah what Winter has is something that has impressed me beyond that, a lovely visual with vocal abilities and a big fandom? Not seen since Taeyeon....

• Karina and Winter being part of the same group. I haven't see such a powerful duo in kpop in a while. And ningning seems to be in the way to be the ifans darling + her vocal talent alone can take her to many places. Even Giselle with all the negativity has great potential as writter/rapper imo.

But yeah what Winter has is something that has impressed me beyond that, a lovely visual with vocal abilities and a big fandom? Not seen since Taeyeon....

I think karina as have much potential than Winter to go in acting and music personally

Ningning will have a career in music 100% sure

and I know Giselle love music, so she'll pursue a career in music, but i don't know my guts are telling me that visually she have a very actresse visual and that she can be successfull as an actress

and yeah like we all know Visual are usually consider as being not talented, and getting a lot of critics for their skills

Winter is one of the few, if not the only visual in a very hype GG who haven't been very criticize for her skills yet

• Pann users and Pann users’ sheep are hating on aespa lately for “replacing” their imaginary smngg line up (for Winter, they’re posting her pre-debut photos.. as if it makes her less worthy of debuting compared to their token fav). This means one thing. Aeskarma is coming!

lt64IYu.gif

• another proof of her potential

it's the 3rd time that clio restock Winter lipstick on a japanese website and it's already sold out again

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Pann users and Pann users’ sheep are hating on aespa lately for “replacing” their imaginary smngg line up (for Winter, they’re posting her pre-debut photos.. as if it makes her less worthy of debuting compared to their token fav). This means one thing. Aeskarma is coming!

really surprising Pannchoa translating a post about Knetz talking about ex sm trainee visual comparing them with Aespa

but absolutely no translation about the post talking about the legendary achievement that aespa did at KMA

• really surprising Pannchoa translating a post about Knetz talking about ex sm trainee visual comparing them with Aespa

but absolutely no translation about the post talking about the legendary achievement that aespa did at KMA

Let's not blame it on the translation sites. They know their crowds feed on belittling aespa to feel better about their own failures and insecurities. When these translation sites post positive trending topics about aespa, the i-nets keep commenting things like the members are undeservingly privilgied, x member is plastic or y member is untalented. Do we really want to give them a platform to cry about aespa winning a Daesang, three awards overall, at the most prestigious award show in Korea? something that rarely happens to any Kpop group. On second thought, I do want that.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

I'm smelling another shocking achievement coming soon. Where there is hate, their is more record to come

• The thing with Winter...

She doesn't fulfill any special role.

She's not the visual, even if she is very pretty.

She's not the vocal, even tho her vocals are top notch.

She's not the rapper, even tho her flow is pitch perfect.

It's the fact that she can fill in with everything.

You need a rapper for a section? You need a vocalist to belt it? You need a pretty visual?

She got them all.

And as I said before, that's why she is my bias in Aespa.

• Out of all debuted 4th gen GG members, she is the one who I have confidence will have a great future career in the long run.

(If she doesn’t mess up and get into controversy ofc)

• If SM promotes her well and doesn't mess up, she will be one of the household names in kpop

She has the star power :cursing:

SM messes up groups not soloists and in any case, SM is the best at promoting soloists.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• SM is the 2nd best company in terms of promoting their artists after HYBE. The other 2 are trash :cursing:

I'm confident Winter will have a good career

Does hybe have soloists like Baekhyun, Taeyeon, Taemin, BoA?

• Winter solo when? 779915292478275584.webp?size=64&quality=lossless

6-7 years from now but I'm sure that osts will start dropping sooner than that.

• Fair enough, but she needs to work on the stage presence (this is honestly not shading or anything).

Those two you kept mentioning (taeyon iu) have some elegant aura or whatever it is when on stage.

Winter doesn't have this yet.

Yena tho,, Just watch her solo perfomance and you will know what I mean.

• Fair enough, but she needs to work on the stage presence (this is honestly not shading or anything).

Those two you kept mentioning (taeyon iu) have some elegant aura or whatever it is when on stage.

Winter doesn't have this yet.

Yena tho,, Just watch her solo perfomance and you will know what I mean.

Stage present is more like preference what you see in Yena other see in Winter. :|:|:|

• Stage present is more like preference what you see in Yena other see in Winter. :|:|:|

No it's not a matter of preference.

Stage presence is that special aura around you.

For example, I don't stan both taeyon or iu but I cannot deny their stage presence when they are on stage are really strong (since they are mentioned by OP and comapre them to winter).

About yena, I actually just found out about her some two weeks ago or something, was skeptical but when I checked her, I understand why she outsold snsd member solo album sales (minus taeyon) or even mamamoo members with her debut mini album even tho she wasnt even most popular izone member nor the center (or whatever who get priviledge always put at the middle on group pictures)

I didn't mean bad.

Winter can work on her stage presence overtime.

• I know you don't mean it bad and I'm not the Winter stan who is here to protect her Bias. I also think she can work a little on her stage present.

I really think stage present is an preference. The Aura you talking about is for everyone different. I have often the case where I said this Idol stage present is so good and other say they don't see it

For me Seulgi have the best Stage present I ever saw no Idol can even come close to it for me. But then I see other people who say Seulgi don't have any stage present at all and one of them is one of dearest friend.

At the same time the same friend say Itzy Chaeryeong stage present is so good where I say I don't see it.

:|:|:|

• About yena, I actually just found out about her some two weeks ago or something, was skeptical but when I checked her, I understand why she outsold snsd member solo album sales (minus taeyon)

are you seriously comparing Yena sales, when her debut happened few weeks ago and after the boom in physicals sales we saw

with SNSD solo members like :

Yuri who happened 4 years ago

Tiffany who happened 6 years ago

and seohyun album who was released 6 years ago

You must be joking right ?

• Well no, whoever says seulgi doesnt have stage presence is either hating or being salty (even tho they try to sugar coat it with "I am a reveluv, BUT (the proceed to shade)". So it is still not about preference.

Can you deny g dragon's stage presence for example?

I don't even like CL tryhard and arrogant attitude but she has stage presence, for example, and I won't deny that.

You get what I mean.

• I compared with mamamoo members too, two of them just released album like some weeks ago.

And those guys actually are amongst top sellers of girl group members who went solo.

• Well no, whoever says seulgi doesnt have stage presence is either hating or being salty (even tho they try to sugar coat it with "I am a reveluv, BUT (the proceed to shade)". So it is still not about preference.

Can you deny g dragon's stage presence for example?

I don't even like CL tryhard and arrogant attitude but she has stage presence, for example, and I won't deny that.

You get what I mea

To be honest with you I just think we just have two different view point when it is about Stage present. I don't think eighter of us gonna change his opinion on this so let's just agree that we are in a disagreement :| :| :|

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!