what do you guys think about kpop idols having plastic surgery?

• i have mixed feelings about it. well for one it is their face and its their choice, but on the other hand its creating unattainable beauty standards that (mostly) everyone thinks they achieved naturally especially children. which could lead to them thinking they have to reach up to those standards to be considered attractive. or do children just need to be aware of it??

• As long as they are not forced by their agencies I think it's ok. Unfortunately when they are young, their agency does push them. 😕

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• About the children angle of it, beauty filters also create unrealistic beauty standards. Realistically it's impossible to protect children from exposure to everything.

Adults should just focus on teaching kids how to be comfortable in their own skin.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i have mixed feelings about it. well for one it is their face and its their choice, but on the other hand its creating unattainable beauty standards that (mostly) everyone thinks they achieved naturally especially children. which could lead to them thinking they have to reach up to those standards to be considered attractive. or do children just need to be aware of it??

no one believes that any more

every time i hear natural beauty on kpop :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

they look great...natural, not so much

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• its creating unattainable beauty standards that (mostly) everyone thinks they achieved naturally especially children

just by curiosity how does someone doing PS create unattainable beauty standard for children more than someone who's gorgeous since they are born ?

both are unattainable naturally, even if all idols didn't do PS you would look up to people who are naturally pretty and you would think that you are not

and it would still be not attainable forr you to reach their beauty naturally

so it doesn't change anything that someone have PS or not

if you lack of confidence in your look that someone is pretty thanks to PS or naturally it would still create a discomfort in your body when you see them

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• the difference is the predatory aspects of the PS industry offering themselves up as a solution to widespread dysmorphia

prior to the rise of mainstream PS, people couldn't submit themselves to financial and medical risk. now that has definitely increased, because this industry tries to make the "unattainable" -> "attainable"

• and to respond to your question OP

i don't care at all if someone made PS or not, if it was necessary or not, if it's noticeable or not

it's their own body i'm not here to judge

and tbh i think people judging people who did ps and look down on them are stupid

PS is like makeup, because both make you look completely different from who you really look

if natural beauty was so much important, makeup wouldn't exist, people wouldn't wear eyelash extension to have bigger eyelash and have a better gaze

people wouldn't hide their freckles thanks to fundation or use highlighter to give themselves a more glowy skin to make their skin look more healthy than it's really is

and they wouldn't dye their eyebrow or draw their eyebrow differently

• the difference is the predatory aspects of the PS industry offering themselves up as a solution to widespread dysmorphia

prior to the rise of mainstream PS, people couldn't submit themselves to financial and medical risk. now that has definitely increased, because this industry tries to make the "unattainable" -> "attainable"

i might agree for the medical ris

but financial risk ? if people do PS is that they have the money

and even if they don't have the money, PS isn't different from people ruinning their money in shopping etc... so i don't see the point in talking about financial risk

and tbh i'm even for people doing PS

because i don't see why the problem of making the unattainable, attainable is a problem

if people doesn't lie their nose, it's not some diet or some motivational quotes who will help them

i much prefer that they do PS and feel comfortable in their skin because they finally attain what's they consider their beauty standard

than having someone live their entire life with a nose that they don't like, and feel bad in their skin and feel bad their entire life, and preventing themselves from doing some experience just because they feel bad

• financials are absolutely worth talking about, because any non-elective surgery is expensive. and who's to govern how much a person /should/ spend on surgery. who's to say how much surgery is needed? repeat procedures, complications, all of these things cost money. the PS industry can promise you the world but they have to be as ethical as possible; it is technically healthcare after all

eg. if the root problem is severe dysmorphia, and the surgeon feels that on some level that this cannot be cured no matter how much PS they get. What's to stop them offering surgery over and over again? Never mind the medical risk, this person is bankrupting themselves because they are treating the disease the wrong way

• its fine, but whats ridiculous is when some fans insist that they are natural when its obvious that they are not, since there is always before and after photos.

• every celebrity gets plastic surgery so it doesn't mean anything to me. I just don't like when they pretend like they were born that way when they obviously were not. I just hope a lot of these idols do not get addicted to plastic surgery, there are already examples of some idols who just keep getting surgery after surgery either because of hate comments or insecurities being famous has brought them.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!