Ive already has more #1's on Melon Weekly than BP and is tied with BTS.

• In what world it takes 100k listeners to hit number one. Currently I am has 500K unique listeners. The 2020 biggest hits have all reached 4M uls which is the normal standard to consider a hit.

Melon is a Korean streaming platform which has been the leader for decades. Its popularity will not vanish over YouTube. It’s been said for years.

When company brat about a number one they brag about topping melon not YouTube sorry.

Melon absolutely speaks for popularity

The fellow Blue is a very well know YG stan who always talked a lot of bullshit on O*e H*lly* to defend whatever narrative is the best to display YG singers as the most successful. He's kind of a nice guy and pleasant guy, but his analysis are not usually very bright

He used to say how Melon was the only relevant platform, how the world dropped physical albums, and YG was the only company "with vision" for chasing digitals while other companies were wrong to focus on selling albums. Although he never explained to me how SM successfully managed to have much higher revenues than YG for over 18 years straight despite its arguably much poorer digital performance than YG

He even had the nerve to call iKon the third most successful 3rd generation Boygroup, so you can see the level of delusion is high on this one

• I really don’t understand why people put the narrative that melon favors Ive, in some instances I have found it weird, but nowadays Ive is doing really well. Not to mention the domestic popularity, and how being a 4th gen group gives you a huge advantage.

Because that's the only way they can discredit Ive's success. Kakao privilege was a term created only for Ive, and not for The Boys, Stayc, IU, Monsta X or any other artist that is under Kakao. Their excuse is that Kakao only care about Ive. Lmfao

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Is this after reform? I'm sure Twice has a couple of songs that reached the top of Melon weekly chart

There is a reason op don't use twice in their example

Digital charting/ physicals was what made twice take over snsd, considering Ive do well on both but they haven't been named anything alike to twice in 2016 show how kpop view of a top of the top group changed

• damn everyone ascribing all kinds of ulterior motives to me, but all i wanna do is hype up the best comeback of 2023 and my Izone girls in peace :pathead: .

And did y'all see Wonyoung yesterday on Inkigayo? Starshit had her makeup just like how Jensoo sometimes does theirs....The first couple seconds of the vid and the ending fairy have some closeups of Wonyoung, and the thumbnail of the vid itself lol.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I hope people realize that bp house is more like izone house even hardy is more of a blink than him lol

ive stans so far are nice hopefully this doesn't change lol in addition to what blue user said melon is an important metric, but there are other charts that are as important considering that melon as streaming plarform is losing popularity and there are other ones that are more used nowadays ( keep that in mind too) like youtube music chart for example

maybe this is why the UL have considerably decreased in the last few years so it's silly to compare charts from 4 or 5 years ago to the recent ones. I know Ive is doing well there too but I wanted to point that out too.

Honestly these kind of threads are unnecessary it's what makes make other fandoms fight . You could have made this thread without bringing up other groups.

there is an article about this but I'm too lazy to look for it

• damn everyone ascribing all kinds of ulterior motives to me, but all i wanna do is hype up the best comeback of 2023 and my Izone girls in peace :pathead: .

And did y'all see Wonyoung yesterday on Inkigayo? Starshit had her makeup just like how Jensoo sometimes does theirs....The first couple seconds of the vid and the ending fairy have some closeups of Wonyoung, and the thumbnail of the vid itself lol.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The girls looked really amazing in this video,specially Wonyoung and Liz. I hope next cb they will have similar style, it suits them

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• And did y'all see Wonyoung yesterday on Inkigayo? Starshit had her makeup just like how Jensoo sometimes does theirs....The first couple seconds of the vid and the ending fairy have some closeups of Wonyoung, and the thumbnail of the vid itself lol.

I was actually a tad taken aback when I watched the performance. This might be best makeup/hair combination I've seen on Wonyoung.

• Basically the tldr is

If your faves are doing well in that chart = it's super important

If they aren't, that chart or streaming platform is irrelevant

Those groups who don't do as well on Melon or other Korea platforms and do well at other platforms like Spotify or YouTube, the fans will say how irrelevant other Korean platforms are and how kpop is global and other Spotify bullshit is more impt.

It's just how it is. Selective achievements and numbers to hype their faves up.

For me, I'm happy for my faves if they do well on any platform, but I won't say how one is flopping or insignificant just because they are not doing well on it

• To me flop on melon <=> flop in general :yesr:

• The fellow Blue is a very well know YG stan who always talked a lot of bullshit on O*e H*lly* to defend whatever narrative is the best to display YG singers as the most successful. He's kind of a nice guy and pleasant guy, but his analysis are not usually very bright

He used to say how Melon was the only relevant platform, how the world dropped physical albums, and YG was the only company "with vision" for chasing digitals while other companies were wrong to focus on selling albums. Although he never explained to me how SM successfully managed to have much higher revenues than YG for over 18 years straight despite its arguably much poorer digital performance than YG

He even had the nerve to call iKon the third most successful 3rd generation Boygroup, so you can see the level of delusion is high on this one

lmao ur right

it is not enough to stan groups

it is not enough to stan companies

mans gotta stan digital streaming platforms to win internet points

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!