Ive already has more #1's on Melon Weekly than BP and is tied with BTS.

• Congrats IVE!! I can only think of newjeans matching them now, not even BP or BTS. What do you guys think?

*but these two trendy new GGs need to strike when it’s hot because after 3-4 years, Korea will abandon them

Honestly, if LSFM and aespa release a banger hit, they probably could too. Maybe (G)I-DLE too. Won't count out ITZY as well I know I'm being overly optimistic

• Is this after reform? I'm sure Twice has a couple of songs that reached the top of Melon weekly chart

Has Blackpink even reached a 1 on Melon Daily after reform? I recall HYLT was 1 on Melon when reform happened but none of their comebacks after HYLT aka LSG, Shut Down or Pink Venom made it to 1 on Daily so weekly is unlikelier.

• Has Blackpink even reached a 1 on Melon Daily after reform? I recall HYLT was 1 on Melon when reform happened but none of their comebacks after HYLT aka LSG, Shut Down or Pink Venom made it to 1 on Daily so weekly is unlikelier.

I have no idea, I'm just trying to make any sense out of this thread, maybe the only purpose was to compare Ive with BTS and Blackpink?

Just searched on Melon weekly archive and Twice has 6 numbers ones on weekly charts (Cheer Up, TT, Knock Knock, Signal, Heart Shaker, What is Love, Yes or Yes)

• Melon Weekly is the toughest chart in Korea for idol groups. BTS only has four

Not to take anything away from them but Melon is not what it once was. It's not the achievement it was in 2015 and before.

Melon has hemorrhaged about 50% of its users in the last 5 years. Why do you think no one gets 1 million ULs in the 1st 24 hours anymore? Not even IU or BIGBANG. When they both regularly hit it a few years ago...because not enough people use it anymore.

YouTube Music seems to be the music platform that's taking over in Korea now, especially for younger Koreans.

Melon seems to be for the ahjussis and the fangirls manipulating the charts. Because let's face it, Melon has become as easy to manipulate as Bugs.

It's the MySpace (and Facebook now) of streaming apps.

Melon has about 8 million users left. In a country of 50 million people, why do we care (especially iFans) what these specific 8 million Koreans listen to? And it's not like all 8 million are streaming 1 song. It takes less than 100k listeners to hit #1 on Melon.

This is akin to all the threads about "KnEtZ hAtE tHiS iDoL!@#$!!"

And it's a post from a Korean fangirl site like Nate with like 5 upvotes.

Nate, nor Melon, speak for popularity in Korea.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I have no idea, I'm just trying to make any sense out of this thread, maybe the only purpose was to compare Ive with BTS and Blackpink?

Just searched on Melon weekly archive and Twice has 6 numbers ones on weekly charts (Cheer Up, TT, Knock Knock, Signal, Heart Shaker, What is Love, Yes or Yes)

Strange why OP, who loves to mention Twice Melon stats often to pull down BTS has not done so here, maybe to show Ive is 2nd only to Big Bang ?(

• It takes less than 100k listeners to hit #1 on Melon.

Currently, the top 1 on Melon has 500k daily unique listeners and during the whole year it never dropped below 300k. It's about ~45% less than what it used to be from 2016 to 2018, but it's not completely irrelevant and is far far harder to manipulate than charts like Bugs.

Youtube is, at best, the same size as Melon and has an important distinction to add which is the presence of music videos. Not like video streaming is not important or shouldn't count, but it's important to have this in mind because we are comparing two things are not exactly the same. Idol groups are clearly better on Youtube because they have dance practices, live videos and music videos counting to the charting so both charts (Melon and Youtube) are never going to look alike

• In what world it takes 100k listeners to hit number one. Currently I am has 500K unique listeners. The 2020 biggest hits have all reached 4M uls which is the normal standard to consider a hit.

Melon is a Korean streaming platform which has been the leader for decades. Its popularity will not vanish over YouTube. It’s been said for years.

When company brat about a number one they brag about topping melon not YouTube sorry.

Melon absolutely speaks for popularity

• They are indeed at #1 and #2 on Youtube as well.., but you know there is a fandom of a certain YG female group who cannot see any other idol group succeeding without coming to discredit them in some form lol

Tells a lot more about you if you think bphouse is actually a blink and not a multi who often is shady towards bp too, like their op is also lowkey shady towards bp also idk which certain non existent yg girlgroup fandom you are fighting for ive here, do point out to me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!