So what do you guys think about Taiwan once again getting no tour dates from Twice??

• This is just getting beyond ridiculous imo. All the other JYP artists perform in Taiwan but Twice.

There is absolutely no reason to not have a Taiwan date. It is been 8 years since the scandal. China has effectively cancelled Twice with no chance of rebound, they don't even care about Twice at this point. There is a Chinese fanbase that buys 200k albums per comeback which brings less money than one concert in Taiwan would.

What an absolute coward of a company that will send Tzuyu off without a concert in her hometown. I want to fucking insult them so bad but alexS is gonna remove my thread if I do.

• Kinda disappointed for Taiwan Onces...

The people there is over it, it's been years. Most of them are very supportive of Tzuyu.

One of their largest news papers even call Tzuyu the light of Taiwan....

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is just getting beyond ridiculous imo. All the other JYP artists perform in Taiwan but Twice.

There is absolutely no reason to not have a Taiwan date. It is been 8 years since the scandal. China has effectively cancelled Twice with no chance of rebound, they don't even care about Twice at this point. There is a Chinese fanbase that buys 200k albums per comeback which brings less money than one concert in Taiwan would.

What an absolute coward of a company that will send Tzuyu off without a concert in her hometown. I want to fucking insult them so bad but alexS is gonna remove my thread if I do.

Thank you for understanding.

Also, I got London so I'm happy :sure-bee:

• does Twice perform in China?

No and it doesn’t make sense because Taiwan is an independent country.

I’m happy they’re cb in France But gosh the dates are ass. Only one stadium in Asia and 3 dates there. No Taiwan concert. They didn’t bother to go in Mexico while they went 4 years ago when they weren’t even that famous compared to now.

This tour is a downgrade to twicelight.

• It’s all bullshit politics. JYPE are cowards and even though Twice is one of the biggest if not the biggest groups in Taiwan and Tzuyu is huge there they never go there at all. Imagine Blackpink not going to Thailand or Twice never going to Japan. All because of some dumb shit that happens nearly a decade ago. Twice is the only group that is affected by politics like this. BTS, Blackpink, Vixx,fucking ITZY has performed there. So it’s not an JYPE only thing it’s specifically Twice that isn’t anllowed to go. Only Twice. JYPE better develop some balls and give Taiwan once a performance.

• I'm still waiting for JYP to publicly apologize to Tzuyu for the hostage crisis. It's not surprising that he lacks the spine to let her perform in her own country given how he was so willing to throw a teenager under the bus like a human shield. He was too cowardly to defend his own employee from big, bad China when she didn't even do anything wrong. JYPE has always had weak leadership.

• The Tzuyu Flag incident dragged the Taiwanese and China Governments into the picture.

The current President of Taiwan is the same person that used Tzuyu as a flagship for her Parties ANTI-One China Policy which is still a policy today. A TWICE Concert would only be a means to push that Parties Agenda against China even further because they are certain to want to be involved.

You can guarantee that ANTI-Tzuyu China Fans will politicize her supporting ANTI-Chinese Sentiments, especially when all she did was wave a Flag that was given by a Korean Network.

JYPE are well aware that they can make a Financial Killing with a TWICE Tour of Taiwan however the situation calls for Tzuyu and probably her parents approval, although her Parents didn't help much when they encouraged her to Apologize in 2016.

• Who cares about China. It’s not even twice biggest market they can suck off.

Taiwan loves twice. Tzuyu is a star there.

Some groups perform in HK which situation is much more with no problem.

JYP is just a coward.

• does Twice perform in China?

No. K-pop groups don’t tour in China. International politics.

Hong Kong is widely considered part of China these days, and a number of girl groups have performed there, including Blackpink, Bolbbalgan4, CLC (yes, even them), GFriend, Mamamoo, Oh My Girl, Iz*One, and Itzy, but no Twice.

• Who cares about China. It’s not even twice biggest market they can suck off.

Taiwan loves twice. Tzuyu is a star there.

JYP is just a coward.

As I've said, JYPE are aware how much they can cash in on a Taiwanese Tour so that's not what is preventing them.

How many Kpop Idols that performed in HK were linked to a Political Party with ANTI-One China Policies or were accused of having ANTI-One China beliefs that affected the banning from China Media and China Music Providers for all Artist under the same company?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!