[theqoo] THE ROUTE SASAENG FANS GAIN INFORMATION ABOUT IDOLS

• [theqoo] THE ROUTE SASAENG FANS GAIN INFORMATION ABOUT IDOLS

bypannchoaAugust 05, 2022
    AVvXsEgGhaJOlA-YRNVh8F-emnNUvQwz_lGJ2aqe-sXtIcJk5DtWLZHqq5_IGJpM0qPlGAAQWsXn-THZfU6FfLbltQ3iwFdmNdwjDosdjLiOxb2m1nDXniaIIuY_BCYW2p4Gi45AwMRUC-mhbk6cyvsPAhvTT76i0gSJb3gaxZ8tiIGQJvt3ZNC66DQsemT4=s16000

AVvXsEjruxfxuBvweoFwoPLzLuOv2Z-O9CZQJ0SloxdaW7WLfXGdCy_p4CmWOa5zMTT-iUFvQiE6xEITr43HhTSdG8gh1UcVF0y42UflfnBJ-EnAK23kGIaYwVo6Phe6uSSk0isD0sXsVKX1lcwwFcRKg6HDaVZ-YbYqX5bsN0M7Tb5KWKsJyFKmpcjlyxQp=s16000

AVvXsEgpa7s9ggNksur9qsoR9PDZVQ8C1FBAjcRRcBLzKn9FH5ZYF50NRl3MR-CUFW2DxRbiCS_JA0kkNhm9Gbo02noUVFY7IFUoZXjCwY1kojNT9sxEBGDchJg9_qrg_JOjp3F8QYtA-gs5_eX5ZJQ8bfngNRt8u3WbU9ls4eLNO37R8mQORdymfr5fhFgL=s16000

The reason why they're not only being a pain to the artists and the staffs, but also to the fans while tailing the idols during their private schedules:

AVvXsEjptLxOyYLL2y3OPXYIi3BpNnt_-UmAzjnEb9A6aN7x-buttuTxi28NWxRzZA9AFn24k3fONUFpbFpjgDkfp-gMAAMnA4kVHcCeuYHKu_stI00DubzfTvQVvM8hXMU9WjseetwvlYrR6ZgBc5CppZ2XAubg15R-JybvYciOxkCJ4FaZNO4thZjPNJw-=s16000
    "I heard talks about an employee at the airport was selling the information. Sasaengs seriously already know all the [idols]' citizenship number so they would just inquire them about the seat information.

The office employees, the press companies' employees and the bank employees all leak their personal information. They can't be safe anywhere actually..."
    - Ex-sasaeng fan

Q: No but why on Earth would sasaengs do somehting like that?

"It's because of gat-bi" (같은 비행기/같이 타는 비행기 = taking the same plane)

Q: What is gat-bi?

"It's when we can take the plane (bihaengi) together (gachi) sasaengs are rich, they have so much time in their hands and they have nothing better to do. They would book a seat right in front, beside or next to the idols that they like and spy on them while taking pictures, they also watch them when they're sleeping..."
    - Ex-sasaengs

https://content.v.kakao.com/v/5e2008a0ca835a181486b6c4

AVvXsEjhF5neMf4bExeZ7OCs1JW27KteqTm4LPiSpfbyE3m1yGrGCDMHDiMNfC14t_mwgqbM1b0dwtSU7fUEHyDbyzG4oGP1Oy94r9jDLLQqLrVIGSiD92IMVRvrIHqQeTKLocHz37I2YHKJ-o6vAxWuQIHPcpShZw1TzQdd-Yz3HSlkhlz2Jl4g-ynH-i5u=s16000

(paraphrased)

Park Miso (alias, 29 y'o) who used to be a sasaeng fan of an idol for 3 years said "Sa-taek (sasaeng taxi) can make a lot of money, it's hard for teens to take taxis but if the sasaengs in their 20s can't get to the site, they would expense the taxi fee for teenagers and they would share information with each other."
    Lee Minji (alias, 27 y'o who already rode on a sasaeng taxi said "Taxi drivers have their own network so if they're following a celebrity and lose them, they would contact each other and share the information to follow them again."

"Dandok (exclusive)" means an event only you are able to witness. Kim Ahyeon (alias, 29 y'o) spent 1.5Mwon/month (~1.15K USD). She mentioned that because of the ''dandok", she wasn't able to give up on the sasaeng life. "Once, in the midst of doing my sasaeng acts, I withnessed XX (celebrity's name) break up with his girlfriend. I became famous among the sasaeng community for being the only one who witnessed it. Me too, I followed him because I got a feeling that I knew him more. Because I thought 'I know something about him that others don't' which pushed me to follow him even more."

스타 잡는 ‘사생 택시’ 뒤쫓아보니 - 시사IN
    3월15일 저녁 7시30분, 서울 상암동 CJ E&M센터. 공연을 보고 나온 팬들이 각양각색의 플래카드를 들고 횡단보도 앞 인도에 섰다. 이동하는 연예인 차를 향해 찰나의 인사를 할 요량이었다. 까만색 밴이 나타...
    www.sisain.co.kr

AVvXsEgJK0S71s93nQBITh9JETd2rHoyH_sleRqpckSA9sGavr9uD6vQf0QYBLlJjnOkUTEVtST_jBN455L3Amd_1RLNt3hUdiirishNhveOaR1mIb7Rrn0DwtXtWwgJxYiJruk3cFZKO8q9_NvrSIusF-tb8Czwo6cpFfHoymU451lpn22pyaaEAmslppnS=s16000

Sasaeng A's 24 hours

- 7:00-10:00
    Starts the daily schedule by staying in front of the celebrity's dorm

- 10:00-13:00
    Move to the beauty salon that the celebrity often visits while following the celebrity

- 13:00-15:00
    Pilgrimage to the celebrity's agency or restaurant that the celebrity often visits

- 15:00-19:00
    Move to the official schedule's shooting site/broadcasting station

- 19:00-21:00
    Move to the gym/PC bang that the celebrity often visits

- 21:00-23:00
    Follow the celebrity's own car/van/taxi and move to the bar or cafe

- 23:00-2:00
    Pursue the celebrity's car through sasaeng taxi, after arriving to the dorm, wait there until they close their lights

월 100만원 쓰는 女사생팬 "알바·노숙 심지어…"
    그룹 동방신기가 JYJ와 해체하기 전인 지난 2006년, 동방신기 콘서트에 모인 팬클럽 회원들. 본 사진은 최근 사회적 논란이 되고 있는 사생팬과 관련이 없다. [중앙포토]14일 오전 10시, 아이돌 가수들이 이용하는 서울 청담동의 한 미용실 앞. 가수를 보기 위해 사생팬(私生fan,…
    www.joongang.co.kr

AVvXsEgjQjXHAlASf0lr_sADh9NwNyRiiWyVVlXNq1Tx7Io2qRzXHebMRWGdG_-5JwL_WF2nLBn_3HRX7Uu551bP2YSq0GkGOKHN51j_krs6BEa7tAgfbK0l9Ju6Zf0MBOET6zPoD870qiWC52IglKcgL5tQ2ntk1NC4Wt3I_3A8NsLL7kwKj8gT5Ath7c_N=s16000

ID (anonymous): It's so bad that (celebrities) want to take 'normal' airplanes too, but they can't because they're too scared of sasaengs...
    If you think about it, doesn't it give you chills to think that someone is intentionally watching you while you're sitting on the plane from front/behind/side?

"They even pay the janitor cleaning the washrooms to ask them whether they can take a picture for them"

AVvXsEg56FVUW-r8fkSv8LZINsOCEGfpq-sky_8IWyVDZMIpL9SIVhS-fxCYPw8884p_XYavEiyJAAxdppAZY5tehBxLFbjIF2W-du5QcJKg8jxCeH94E83xXIn2jpIRTBtPJUyvhSKOzo6T35qcP6cMWAnoOt8cSc0nDoLrJgkNJjkfwbO4NmcHICZWRqnH=s16000
    "Ok, this is the 6 stars hotel that Ted will stay at"

AVvXsEi7XVl3TMk4emqYHJtL3WzwbY0ULjkpCDfEWM7pjyVwDBci5fx0IOdzwOzeDot-VQGAHDPAxOfuJRVGCllD9B0mAHElM68S4pShyUD972FuUSA5FROyJIVgWql7DQYiPDiMqPb12Kf94PEkYVJqH3By1bLnjAsttQnXLHpKGVbUAokY3ZoOrg8GehB-=s16000
    "We will stay line up facing the opposite side [of the hallway] starting from room 2315"

AVvXsEgayoygcdMLTMXtlG0L6jG885ENWVVbW0aGkJfI3yVgIIr5s9Yro-LCo0LACOQzI_ZyrKEuqs_4XbkLZxnJLzDKq9waJB-9Bi4viL_3DxnMv0Es7Y69RqX7ZuvB7QuytEbL0zBgpG2W6Bhg79ECtIr27hY98eWMXk5GOcxqWCkUu6vN1woAkpE9R1kI=s16000
    "The guide already squeezed out the information, that's why they can being themselves there"

original post: here

1. Because of those entertainment media lately, they would arrive 8 hours before the celebrities leave or arrive in the country and announce their live on Youtube. Once the live teaser is out on Youtube, people will already get all the information about when and how long they'll be there on that day. It's getting even more severe right now, so I hope they stopped doing those livesㅠ Even for kids who don't know about it, because of the teaser, they can be f*cking drawn to do it too. Because of COVID, the airplane capacity is lowered, but nowadays, I see more people with phone cameras than fansites sticking to them... They're always battling to see who can do more, both are problematic

2. Following them to fansigns and concerts is what normal fans can do, but if you follow them anywhere outside of that, you're a sasaeng to me. The idols hate that themselves, you guys just look like stalkers

3. Stopped calling them sasaeng fans, these people are just stalker criminals

4. I used to work for a small company and I was taking the plane. Inside the plane, there were Korean sasaengs and Japanese sasaengs and they would follow them on the plane to take pictures. Because the plane was filled with sasaengs, the staffs all sat the members next to the windows and they had to change seats, but no matter what you do, they'll find a way to get on that plane... Seriously they even drove me crazy. I believe that celebrities who have lots of sasaengs will all go nuts..

5. My bias' fansites all do sasaeng actsㅋㅋ And whenever you try to swear at popular fansites, they always go "Since when?" "We didn't take the same place" "We met by accident" and pretend like thatㅋㅋ following them to private schedules was just the basicsㅋ

6. They're just attention seekers and mentally disturbed, first of all, you guys need to stop consuming their stuff

7. It's a mental disease...

8. There are lots of agency employees who leak those information. There was a kid I knew who worked in the same company as them, someone requested them to share the personal information of the celebrity by inquiring the company, but that person said no, so they contacted another agency's employee and after inquiring the information, they even asked the employee to take a picture of their road-viewㅋㅋ

9. I just saw sasaengs in front of the Gimpo airport this morning, they're so strange...

10. There's a kid who started being sasaeng when they were teens, now they're in their 30s and they're still a sasaeng

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• This infuriates me. It reminds me of the time an airport employee flashed Dahyun's information for reporters and sasaengs to take picture of.

Seriously, why are people like this? The employees should seriously lose their jobs for selling people's information!! Like...

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• part of the job...it's not like saesangs are a new phenomenon. They've existed since the days of Seo Taiji. Consider it an honor that you can have such dedicated fans.

• part of the job...it's not like saesangs are a new phenomenon. They've existed since the days of Seo Taiji. Consider it an honor that you can have such dedicated fans.

I don't know about Korea, but in the US, employees leaking confidential information and selling it is illegal lmao. That's not a part of anyone's job, and the people who are doing it should go to jail or at least be fired.

• I don't know about Korea, but in the US, employees leaking confidential information and selling it is illegal lmao. That's not a part of anyone's job, and the people who are doing it should go to jail or at least be fired.

Like all things, it's only illegal if you get caught.

• No, it's illegal either way.

yes it's illegal in Korea and the punishment is stiff but, like the other person said it's only illegal if you get caught. The thought of punishment does not deter people because the cost vs risk reward is low. The chances of being caught doing it is low because of the way this crime happens and the payout is often bigger. Sure you may lose your job and goto prison for a few yrs. But who cares when you can make 5 to6 figures in less than a year by leaking some boy group you don't give 1 shit about.

• yes it's illegal in Korea and the punishment is stiff but, like the other person said it's only illegal if you get caught. The thought of punishment does not deter people because the cost vs risk reward is low. The chances of being caught doing it is low because of the way this crime happens and the payout is often bigger. Sure you may lose your job and goto prison for a few yrs. But who cares when you can make 5 to6 figures in less than a year by leaking some boy group you don't give 1 shit about.

No, it's illegal either way. Saying it's only illegal if you get caught to me is a criminal mindset. And I would be wary of anyone who thinks that way.

I could do a lot of things that are illegal and not get caught for them, but I don't because I'm not a criminal and don't want to be lmao.

• I hate how much the fans play into ssng culture and encourage them. Everyone screams about how terrible ssngs are, but repost their photos and spread their rumors. There's a notorious Jaehyun ssng with over 250k twitter followers. I saw a twt account that sells flight info (it was how we found out about Jaehyun going to Italy) with way too many followers. Every single time someone goes outside with a new hair color, ssng photos are all over the place.

Some of them are crafty and will pull a "oh I just happened to run into them!" story. That also happened with Jaehyun's trip to Italy. First they just happened to run into him and got an autograph... sure it happens. Then that same person got busted following him around and posting photos of him they took through windows.

It also pisses me off how many bullshit rumors have started just because idols call out these ssngs.

• I hate how much the fans play into ssng culture and encourage them. Everyone screams about how terrible ssngs are, but repost their photos and spread their rumors. There's a notorious Jaehyun ssng with over 250k twitter followers. I saw a twt account that sells flight info (it was how we found out about Jaehyun going to Italy) with way too many followers. Every single time someone goes outside with a new hair color, ssng photos are all over the place.

Some of them are crafty and will pull a "oh I just happened to run into them!" story. That also happened with Jaehyun's trip to Italy. First they just happened to run into him and got an autograph... sure it happens. Then that same person got busted following him around and posting photos of him they took through windows.

It also pisses me off how many bullshit rumors have started just because idols call out these ssngs.

The line between sasaengs and antis is paper thin. If you anger them, then all that energy that went into stalking you will not be repurposed into ruining your career.

So much. Within the valentine community, we boosted to not reshare the pix from the most notorious ssngs during his trip to Milan (not everyone knows those are ssng pix but once people start talking about it, stop. Yes, they have great pix but at what price.) And still people shared them. There are JH ssngs that have between 90k-135K followers on Twt.

:pepe-laser-eyes:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• So much. Within the valentine community, we boosted to not reshare the pix from the most notorious ssngs during his trip to Milan (not everyone knows those are ssng pix but once people start talking about it, stop. Yes, they have great pix but at what price.) And still people shared them. There are JH ssngs that have between 90k-135K followers on Twt.

:pepe-laser-eyes:

:pepe-life-support:

Beomgyu from Txt has a saesang Fruity B who literally followed him in the toilet when he was still underage and she still one of the most popular “fanbase” as the fans call her. She is friend with Yeonjun’s saesang too and there were literally arguments on Twitter why we crying to cancel that poor fanbase. Maybe because she is a fcking creep?

• :pepe-life-support:

Beomgyu from Txt has a saesang Fruity B who literally followed him in the toilet when he was still underage and she still one of the most popular “fanbase” as the fans call her. She is friend with Yeonjun’s saesang too and there were literally arguments on Twitter why we crying to cancel that poor fanbase. Maybe because she is a fcking creep?

GAAAAAAH. That makes me so mad.

:pepe-firing:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• :pepe-life-support:

This reminds me of the antis who tried to use Johnny avoiding his saesang when she tried to approach him off stage as proof him being "arrogant". :pepe-laser-eyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!