Compared to other idols, is this the reason for IU's, Yoona's, Jessica's success and longevity for decades?

• Muti-talent and multitasking.

Edit: Not that Taeyeon is not successful but compared to IU, there's a difference.

IU, Yoona, and Jessica and other idols do more than 1 thing at a time, successfully.

IU is an idol, actress, and big-time CF model, and she has been on top for a long time. She's not the best vocalist out there but her power in the music industry is insane.

Yoona is an idol, actress, CF queen, model, MC, and variety show star and she only performs better every year. She's kind of a veteran but still very attractive and very bankable. It'll be forever before she loses her position.

Jessica is an entrepreneur, model, author, influencer, fashionista, variety queen, and you-tuber. She's in her own league as a nonactive kpop idol who is very relevant on the beauty and fashion scene. Given her situation, she would be buried somewhere struggling with depression, but no, she's busy killing it on her own.

Is that why idols like BoA, Luna, Wendy, and Taeyeon (to some extent) don't reach the same heights because they are mostly vocalists that only model for a bit or even not?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• This is a set up on so many levels.

BoA had a long lasting longevity career wise, she just started 10 years before the others and Taeyeon is just as successful as Yoona. Yoona is mainly an actress, Taeyeon is mainly a singer, so I don't see how they're different from each other

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• the set up dude

Taeyeon herself said SM set her CF fees the highest bc she kept getting all the offers and SM didnt want to look biased or sth

Just watch TaengKey box

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Also Luna is 100 percent multi talented

People just ignore her bc she doesn't fit their beauty standards

External Content www.youtube.com

• Also Luna is 100 percent multi talented

People just ignore her bc she doesn't fit their beauty standards

True but she doesn't do much outside of singing.

BoA had a long lasting longevity career wise, she just started 10 years before the others and Taeyeon is just as successful as Yoona. Yoona is mainly an actress, Taeyeon is mainly a singer, so I don't see how they're different from each other

BoA isn't as relevant as IU right now. I see IU still being very relevant 20 years into her career.

the set up dude

Taeyeon herself said SM set her CF fees the highest bc she kept getting all the offers and SM didnt want to look biased or sth

Just watch TaengKey box

Yoona gets way more brand deals than Taeyeon who gets like only 2 or 3 a year. Yoona had 20+ deals a year during her peak, Taeyeon has never had that.

• I won't mention the other two

Lee Jieun owned her company and was able to name her schedule.

Was that since debut?

• Not you inserting taeyeon when she’s more popular than Yoona ??/&/8/?

Only in your world. Yoona has bigger deals beyond Korea and covers magazines across Asia, she's a vogue cover girl and gets way more jobs in Korea than Taeyeon has ever had.

When I say I hate sm Stan’s I hope people know I just mean ppl like OP 😭

I never will hate you for discussing things that are harmless to anyone and for not sharing the same opinions like everyone else and I wish you all the best. :-)

• Because they have a lot of Chinese fans. Also Yoona is not relevant anymore. Jessica is a has been and she's promoting in China only. IU music has been declining since 2016-2017 but her dramas were all commercially successful which help her gained tons of Chinese fans. And her comeback shut down Taeyeon fans with 400k+ album sales.

• Yoona gets way more brand deals than Taeyeon who gets like only 2 or 3 a year. Yoona had 20+ deals a year during her peak, Taeyeon has never had that.

LV ambassador Taeyeon?

She doesn't like to do that many brand deals and that's fine, her music career is unquestionably successful

Not all brand deals are equal or pay the same either

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• LV ambassador Taeyeon?

She doesn't like to do that many brand deals and that's fine, her music career is unquestionably successful

Not all brand deals are equal or pay the same either

Isn't Miumiu an LV brand too? Same as Dior, Givenchy, Tiffany & Co etc?

I do not think global deals are cheaper than national deals, especially for veterans with strong brand power like Yoona who sells out everything she wears and uses and when the deals target China.

And I'm sure Taeyeon is very powerful.

• Because they have a lot of Chinese fans. Also Yoona is not relevant anymore. Jessica is a has been and she's promoting in China only. IU music has been declining since 2016-2017 but her dramas were all commercially successful which help her gained tons of Chinese fans. And her comeback shut down Taeyeon fans with 400k+ album sales.

So, it's because of their Chinese fans? Interesting. I did not think of it that way but it makes sense.

• Yoona gets way more brand deals than Taeyeon who gets like only 2 or 3 a year. Yoona had 20+ deals a year during her peak, Taeyeon has never had that.

There are idols with more deals with taeyeon and i wouldn’t say they’re bigger than taeyeon :angryr:

Taeyeon has countless #1, has a platinum album, and has major cfs while she has been in GG for three decades and debuted almost ten years ago, beside IU who has that much longevity in the music industry.

For a SM stan you’re clueless about taeyeon popularity

• SM stans. . what is Jessica doing up there :cryingr:

It should be IU-Suzy-Taeyeon

Jessica has billion views of her variety shows and has opened 5 stores in China in less than 1 year.

Isn't that success? Which Kpop idol compares?

• There are idols with more deals with taeyeon and i wouldn’t say they’re bigger than taeyeon :angryr:

Taeyeon has countless #1, has a platinum album, and has major cfs while she has been in GG for three decades and debuted almost ten years ago, beside IU who has that much longevity in the music industry.

For a SM stan you’re clueless about taeyeon popularity

I'm not clueless, I'm objective and it's ok if people don't agree.

Also, I'm not saying that she's not popular, I'm saying she's not as consistent and big as IU and outside of music, she's not doing much more than modeling. that's what the thread is about. The reason for their longevity in the entertainment industry.

But it'sok to see whatever you want.

• You're setting Jessica up :pepe-joy:

She is killing it in China, who is doing it like her?

• She ran her own division from at least 2015

She is so smart.

• Taeyeon is just as famous/relevant, if not more, than Yoona. And for sure more than Jessica. :|

Taeyeon > Jessica only in music and in Korea, the rest Jessica > Taeyeon.

• SM stans. . what is Jessica doing up there :cryingr:

It should be IU-Suzy-Taeyeon

Ya'll are making this about SM stans, didn't Jessica leave SM a long time ago :pepewhat:

• Some bs takes as usual from op tbh.

Taeyeon not on the same level? Taeyeon of all idols? Bruh lay of the weed.

The same Tae who has been a household name since she was a teen? The same Tae who has a very long and successful solo music career and leader of the eternal NGG? The same Tae who has been a go to for TV and entertainment shows? She is just as popular up if not more than the others.

Also Boa has a longer career than literally every other idol out there. She was the biggest soloist in Asia in her time.

Luna and Wendy may not reach those heights but they’re still did well. Putting them down because they don’t match MVPs of kpop is like saying every active footballer no matter how successful or skilled is shit because they don’t/could never match up to Messi and Ronaldos insane record breaking primes.

Jessica has nothing to do with kpop for years, even before being kicked she has nothing on the likes of taeyeon, Yoona, Suzy. She never matched them at all.

• And somehow Jessica is richer than all of them not to mention they all wear Blanc & Eclare

• Source?

Aside from snsd almost every idol and actress has worn B&E and Jessica gas the highest net worth in snsd

Who is the Richest Member of Girls Generation (SNSD)?
    Which member has generated the most income to date? Basically, who is the richest member of Girls Generation? In order to find out the best
    seoulspace.com

She recently earned a lot from her activities in china and she even opened 5 new stores. She has more money than you can imagine

• Aside from snsd almost every idol and actress has worn B&E and Jessica gas the highest net worth in snsd

https://seoulspace.com/who-is-…of-girls-generation-snsd/

She recently earned a lot from her activities in china and she even opened 5 new stores. She has more money than you can imagine

While Jessica may earn the most your "source" is just a fan blog rather than actual financial numbers. There is no way any regular person can calculate financial worth without actual numbers, at best it's a very vague guess. We don't know worth of the SNSD members: Taeyeon tours and has projects outside music like sponsorships and TV reduce would earn her a significant amount, Yoona is one of the film industry biggest stars and still getting cfs like no one business and so on for every member. Even Hyoyeon who used to get very little activities has toured the DJ scene (which pays a lot with little overhead costs) and promoted Qatar for WC2022, for all we know she could've gotten a huge pay off for that alone.

Regardless who earns more, like I said before money has zero importance on who is a big name in Kpop. Jessica has no impact on Kpop since she obviously isn't active in Korea, she's certainly not anywhere near Taeyeon, Yoona, Suzy etc level even before B&E.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!