Total payments to idols and celebrities from 4 big companies in 2022

• Royalties, appearances etc. Comebacks are probably the least profitable thing

Last year YG had iKon and they still have winner, BigBang and akmu.

30 idols.

And YG definitely brings in more profit than JYP so it checks out. YG is also known for having much better pay

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

773c69430f52f3f02a712adfeb8814c7dc1deecf.webp

• BTS need to leave HYBE asap. Hell no. HYBE made 1.7 trillion won in 2022 and that bogus 60-65% isn’t even accurate IMO. BTS should be paid more than this measly 200 billion won crap. I really hope BTS do some thinking during their enlistment and talk to some of their western friends to understand just how much they are being taken advantage of. This maybe normal in Korea but BTS would be so much better off out of the kpop industry.

Sorry, but you're getting antsy with the wrong reporting.

So, I translated this using Papago.

IMG_20230403_050624.jpg

The content is correct because it looks like it came from a business report. But the reporting and title is WRONG. Pay commission is not the category to see how much companies pay their artists. Otherwise, financial analyst would've used this as a basis to report what the artists get. It looks like some user in theqoo made this title up.

Also, it is a PRIVATE matter and companies will never reveal how much they pay their artists cause it is under a CONTRACT AGREEMENT with NDA attached.

• I don’t agree with NDAs over these contracts either. It only benefits the company. It’s to prevent artists from knowing that they are being underpaid or have unfair terms. They get these kids under contract and then control their lives for years and fans really expect these artists to know their worth. Lawyers are usually conservative (due to managing expectations from clients) and will negotiate bad terms just because it’s easier than actually working hard. They still get paid regardless. A lot of ARMY don’t want to hear this but for sure BTS aren’t making nearly the same as western artists with similar success.

• I don’t agree with NDAs over these contracts either. It only benefits the company. It’s to prevent artists from knowing that they are being underpaid or have unfair terms. They get these kids under contract and then control their lives for years and fans really expect these artists to know their worth. Lawyers are usually conservative (due to managing expectations from clients) and will negotiate bad terms just because it’s easier than actually working hard. They still get paid regardless. A lot of ARMY don’t want to hear this but for sure BTS aren’t making nearly the same as western artists with similar success.

I wouldn’t want people to know what I earn exactly. Why would artists? They can compare notes privately without nosey, loud, opinionated fans that really don’t know anything to make a big display of embarrassing meltdowns and such.

Please don’t look down on artists like they don’t know anything especially not BTS who has 10 years of experience. You baby them and assume too much. They are intelligent, grown men.

• Does YG have 40 actors and models? Because that's the only way the average payment per idol/celebrity will be equal between YGE and JYPE.

i am not sure what those numbers represent, if it is the finall clean money each company cut for their artists

but i do know that yg is the company that gives the biggest percent of earns to their idols form all big 3

and even idols knows that, this info was before Big Hit.

while sm is the one that gives them less.

I think JYP is in the middle, but not sure where is Hybe

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Lawyers are usually conservative (due to managing expectations from clients) and will negotiate bad terms just because it’s easier than actually working hard

This is why SHINee sends their own lawyers to negotiate on their behalf instead of relying on SM's lawyers

they openly talk about how thats the way to get a better deal and advise their juniors to do the same.

After the initial contract is over, it would be crazy to not have your own legal representation

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't project your frustrations with HYBE to BTS. These are not 'kids' and they certainly don't need people like you on the internet who think they know better. Go back to shitting on how HYBE is such an evil company and stop looking down on BTS' intelligence and their capabilities of decision-making as an adult. You are just a fan and an outsider and you (we) don't know what's really going on in the inside and what's their contract like with HYBE.

And FYI, NDA will always exists in a contract and it's there for a reason.

Just to calm your nerves, this is recent and Joon said it himself about Kpop contracts (in general)...I'm 💯 sure BTS ain't hurting for money and that they have a TON of f*ck you money. This is the biggest group in the planet with over a decade of experience in the industry, and not some helpless babies that needed saving.

20230403_091412.jpg

• These companies are public, so have to report at a high level these details. Commissions however may be not just to idols and actors.

Only the top idols make a lot of money. Members of newer groups and less well known actors make maybe the same as us.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!