If an artist is not doing a 360 degree stage for their concerts they're not selling out the total capacity of seats

• I feel like I have to mention this because blinks are spreading misinformation about BP touring attendance and onces are following their lead.

If your stage production looks like this (using BTS rose bowl concert as reference)

BTS #Concert | Bts, Hình gif, Bầu

You see that black part behind the stage? Great! That doesn't count. But kpop stans are counting the full capacity and passing it off as concert goers.

This is what a FULL CAPACITY SOLD OUT CONCERT looks like (using U2 as a reference)

U2 360 Live a San Siro! | Concert stage, Concert, Concert stage design

U2_360_tour_stage_Zagreb_1.JPG

Don't believe a single fan who spreads that misinfo until the box score is revealed. To know more about your faves touring stats check out the box score official website (you have to pay for full access tho)

Top Box Office Scores
    Free Box Office Scores By CelebrityAccess
    celebrityaccess.com

Or follow TouringData who has full access to Box Scores

Touring Data
    touringdata.wordpress.com

• what? what would anybody use the back?

thats reserved for sports (from what I know)

in bp case, the capacity occupied comes from the stadium itself as every stop they had has post about it in news sites (bc bp concerts in general case a lot of traffic in said countries)

• Don’t be dumb that’s not how it works. No one wants to watch a performer from the back. You make no sense.

THere are acts that do 360 stages.. ed sheeran is another... ie there is no "back" cause the acts can freely move all around and face which ever way they want

another example of a 360 stage: IU in KSPO dome

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kpop usually doesn't which cuts off some of the capacity from the capacity listed for matches for whatever sport is played in said stadium

• THere are acts that do 360 stages.. ed sheeran is another... ie there is no "back" cause the acts can freely move all around and face which ever way they want

another example of a 360 stage: IU in KSPO dome

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Okay some artist have done that, (I know already Adele) but saying an act didn’t sell out their concert because they aren’t pulling a 360 concert is dumb. I guess Taylor and Bey didn’t do it.

• Okay some artist have done that, (I know already Adele) but saying an act didn’t sell out their concert because they aren’t pulling a 360 concert is dumb. I guess Taylor and Bey didn’t do it.

That's not what OP meant from the way i read it... they just mean that using capacity listed on wikipedia is wrong cause it is all dependent on stage set up.

Kpop acts tend to have bigger stages due to choreo etc and being groups (so more people needed to be on stage). Or for example, BTS will lose some "capacity" during their Sofi/Allegiant Stadium days because they need more space also for stuff like the trolleys going around the stadium on the floor. If an act doesn't have that, they'll have more space on the floor to thus increase capacity.

So basically one can't know attendance of the shows until they've happened, which is normally reported through boxscores and through twitter accounts like touringdata..

thats all OP is saying imo,

• I think someone's feisty over certain BTS shows not actually being sold out (regardless of stage configuration) and the fact that a certain group could potentially top them for single show attendance. :teeheek:

• You're right in one sense, those capacity numbers you see for sports stadiums likely include all seats, so if a concert blocks off a bunch of them that are behind the stage, the actual attendance will be less than the capacity numbers.

But you're forgetting about field/ground level seating. Most concerts have thousands of seats on the ground fronting the stage. These are probably NOT counted in those official capacity numbers, they have to be added in.

My guess:

Actual concert attendance = Official capacity number + ground/floor level seats - seats blocked off behind stage

• I think someone's feisty over certain BTS shows not actually being sold out (regardless of stage configuration) and the fact that a certain group could potentially top them for single show attendance. :teeheek:

You are a new type of clown on AKP

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• yeah no shit

music events (rare exceptions) don't use the full capacity of venues of this shape. you'll just need to wait for the boxscore to see the actual #s. usually about 75% of the space is used.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!