Chaeyoung Situation on Tik Tok

• As Someone who went through it with Sowon, unfortunately you're just gonna have to endure the misinformation and hate. Things might still be rough 2 weeks from now and it's never fully gonna go away but it should at least be better soon.

Chaeyoung stans trying to bury it and clearing her searches is not gonna help at all, only make it worse

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• everyone has the right to be angry. chaeyoung will be fine, nobody in korea is black listing her, she is not being dropped by brands. let's not act like she is dying because of the rightful backlash she should receive.

Yeah I do agree I think mostly it’s like kids on tik tok that are just being stupid honestly and blowing this up larger than it needs to be. Saying twice is over in america when two days later they’re quickly sold out Sofi.

• I don't have a tiktok account, thankfully. How bad it is?

They think she did it on purpose. They claim the shirt is a vintage shirt from the 70s and worth 500 dollars. They say she knew what it was and purposefully wore it to a Jewish restaurant. I mean you would think from some of those tik toks that in the Nazi high command Chaeyoung is right below hitler and Goebbels. That’s basically it

• They think she did it on purpose. They claim the shirt is a vintage shirt from the 70s and worth 500 dollars. They say she knew what it was and purposefully wore it to a Jewish restaurant. I mean you would think from some of those tik toks that in the Nazi high command Chaeyoung is right below hitler and Goebbels. That’s basically it

Which is honestly wild, because... This is the same TikTok that called Wonyoung a "pick me" for eating a damn strawberry and starting this whole "mean girl" narrative, and the same TikTok that made the Born Pink tour sound like it was a disaster every single night based off a 15 second recording. And the same TikTok that will focus on idols' bodies and try to shield themselves from criticism by saying (no hate), but certainly don't hesitate from dishing it out indiscriminately.

Need I say more?

While people absolutely have the right to be mad (especially those who are personally affected), it's also important to remember what actually happened. Chaeyoung wasn't out here rocking a Neo Nazi shirt, it was a Sex Pistols shirt with a hakenkreuz on it. That's obviously still VERY yikes and she shouldn't have been wearing that at all, however, the context is still something to consider in regards to what might've been going on here. Going off that, we could make some assumptions, but ultimately we're not her. Whatever her intentions were, the fact remains is that she hurt many people, and she should absolutely take responsibility. Now, that being said:

Why would a Kpop idol all of a sudden decide to go mask off and go full Nazi, putting not only her career in jeopardy but also potentially affect the Twice brand as a whole... Right during the moment when they're starting to break into the Western market and after they just renewed their contracts last year? And just purposely decide to wear a shirt with a swastika in front of Kim Petras (who is German) and to a Jewish-owned restaurant in order to make a statement rooted in hatred?

Now granted, people are right -- we DON'T know these idols. But this would require such an insane and deliberate level of self-sabotage and wickedness on her part that if that was within her character, there would've been some sort of evidence of that over the past 8 years. This isn't something you can hide, no matter how much companies can scrub content and filter things out, there will ALWAYS be something that slips through the cracks. Especially when you work with so many people on a daily basis, you're bound to slip.

Again, absolutely valid that she should face criticism for the shirt, but I don't think it makes her a Nazi. At least, I certainly hope she doesn't hold those views.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!