Why is BTS solos underperforming in SK?

• Obviously globally they are performing as expected of BTS especially on Spotify 👀

But in Korea it's a different story....I'm suprised since BP Korean members have no trouble debuting inside the top 5 with their songs but as far as I know not a single solo BTS song has cracked the top 10(non collabs obviously so vibe doesn't count here)

Jimin is widely considered the #1 BTS member in SK alongside V so to see him barely crack top 50 is wild,will V also witness a similar performance?

So in your opinion why isn't Korea embracing BTS solos like BP ones cause I have no idea 🤷

• The only good excuse i can think of is they are not releasing solos in their prime. Their solos would have done better if they were released a few years ago and not after starting their military hiatus. But what we are seeing now proves we overestimate kpop's influence in korea. It boy, It girl etc. most of the times is just a load of nonsense. When the group looks done, it all falls apart for even the "it" members. For example, hwasa and mamamoo.

• Boys/Men have less appeal to the GP/incels than girls. Only toxic masculinity appeal to the GP incels. Like most insecure men, they hate any boys/men they see as effeminate or weak. Girls appeal to all sexes as long as they avoid any scent of feminism/feminists or being a strong independant woman.

• The only good excuse i can think of is they are not releasing solos in their prime. Their solos would have done better if they were released a few years ago and not after starting their military hiatus. But what we are seeing now proves we overestimate kpop's influence in korea. It boy, It girl etc. most of the times is just a load of nonsense. When the group looks done, it all falls apart for even the "it" members. For example, hwasa and mamamoo.

True BTS peak was 2019-2021 in SK 👀

Interesting I wonder if that could apply to BP members in the future 🤔

• Boys/Men have less appeal to the GP/incels than girls. Only toxic masculinity appeal to the GP incels. Like most insecure men, they hate any boys/men they see as effeminate or weak. Girls appeal to all sexes as long as they avoid any scent of feminism/feminists or being a strong independant woman.

That's definitely true but then why did they support BTS releases 🤔

• but then why did they support BTS releases

maybe because
    internationally BTS sell a lot and popular
    resulting
    huge gross domestic revenue for their economy
    so they had no other choice just give them praise and recognition
    for marketing internationally

Edited 2 times, last by Michael-6 ().

• That's definitely true but then why did they support BTS releases 🤔

They never did. It was fangirls and secure men who supported them in SK but most of that was just jumping on a trend because BTS are big in the rest of the world. Same with viral songs and GG. Even BP is losing steam and being beat by 4th gen trends. Historically korean kpop fans outgrow kpop and younger stans go to the newer and younger groups. Don't know why BTS would be treated differently in SK. Only I fans keep BTS relevant. BP is lucky that they are bigger outside of SK also because SK is ready to jump to the new YG GG.

• streammmm

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hope on the street

(she/they/no her.) most sane hobi fan

• That's definitely true but then why did they support BTS releases 🤔

National pride. It wasnt BTS music or concepts that appealed to Korean GP, their group music was no different than tons of other boy groups, but it was their success that elevated them and made them known to GP. They became favored sons of Korea, praised and exalted for their accomplishments and attention and pride they brought to Korea, like topping the hardest charts in the world like Hot 100, breaking global album records, getting Grammy noms, winning Billboards, getting invited to the biggest events and concerts. It wasnt necessarily about their music.

As for individual stardom, the only "solo" songs that broke top 10 of Melon Weekly were the collabs with other soloists like Crush and Taeyang and maybe that Charlie Puth/JK collab, the World Cup song from JK, and i cant think of any other song. The regular comebacks from Jin, Jhope, RM and now Jimin havent come close afaik.

However one can argue that promo has just begun and that Jimin still has his title song to go. Maybe we'll see GP wake up. Plus his prerelease wasnt very GP friendly.

• U don't think it's cause they liked the songs?

It's kinda perplexing cause army's in Korea alone are bigger than most of other fandoms combined so why aren't they supporting the members solo releases 🤷

• They never did. It was fangirls and secure men who supported them in SK but most of that was just jumping on a trend because BTS are big in the rest of the world. Same with viral songs and GG. Even BP is losing steam and being beat by 4th gen trends. Historically korean kpop fans outgrow kpop and younger stans go to the newer and younger groups. Don't know why BTS would be treated differently in SK. Only I fans keep BTS relevant. BP is lucky that they are bigger outside of SK also because SK is ready to jump to the new YG GG.

Based on this hypothesis jisoo solo & BP release this year won't crack top 20 let alone top 10 lol

I don't dispute that Korea is fully on board with 4th gen now

interesting how you put GP and incels under one group. That's kind of offensive and it's not like incels like girls either. They hate girls, that's why they are called incels.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• There's a reason why Fake Love, On, Black Swan didn't do as well as Spring Day, BWL, Dynamite, Butter etc on k-charts

None of the rapline songs were public friendly, so as Set me free pt2.

Jimin's title track is pop (synth pop to be exact) so I have a feeling this thread will age badly but we'll see :eyes:

• BTS solos until now weren't GP friendly. That's honestly the only answer. GP loves pop songs usually. That's the reason why BWL, Dynamite and Butter did well compared to their other tracks.

Not to mention BTS is already an established group. People will tune into them regardless of the song initially. But the members aren't well known individually yet. They didn't even promote individually until recently. Jimin will be the first member to promote in Korea, so let's see how it goes.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• interesting how you put GP and incels under one group. That's kind of offensive and it's not like incels like girls either. They hate girls, that's why they are called incels.

Incels loke pretty women and girls, they just don't like being rejected by them. They also make up a large part of the GP in SK, that's why they have the current president they do and why any kpop girl group member is always getting cancelled for speaking up about feminism or even rumored to have read a book about it. The incel movement was originally started by women but then usurped by men and all credit given to them. It was bastardized by men to be the opposite of the original intention and made far more hateful.

• They are all enter the top 20 even without active promotion in Korea. Jhope, Jin and RM didn't do any promotion in music shows. Jin just performed his solo with Coldplay once, Rm doing mini performance with only 200 people and Jhope goes to few festivals. Even if they're on their prime, I don't really expect their solo to directly doing really good because they're not women afterall and they need really catchy song to do that. Even in Bp, Jennie is the only true winner on chart because her song was that good.

K-armys also not really supporting their solo songs like they do with group's released. Not to mention they do these back to back with only a month apart so people especially fans can be pretty much exhausted. If only the gap between each released were like the gap Bp had with their solo, it might doing even better on chart.

• Incels loke pretty women and girls, they just don't like being rejected by them. They also make up a large part of the GP in SK, that's why they have the current president they do and why any kpop girl group member is always getting cancelled for speaking up about feminism or even rumored to have read a book about it. The incel movement was originally started by women but then usurped by men and all credit given to them. It was bastardized by men to be the opposite of the original intention and made far more hateful.

Nah this sounds like most countries in the world. If most men were rejected by women, we wouldn't have such a huge world population today. It's appropriate to say Korea is a sexist country more than a country full of incels.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Even if they're on their prime, I don't really expect their solo to directly doing really good because they're not women afterall and they need really catchy song to do that.

Not only a catchy song but something easy to listen to...

If Jungkook have released Still With You on music platforms in 2020, I feel like it would have done well because it went viral despite being on SoundCloud... even a South Korean composer said it would have topped the charts...

• U don't think it's cause they liked the songs?

It's kinda perplexing cause army's in Korea alone are bigger than most of other fandoms combined so why aren't they supporting the members solo releases 🤷

really..hmm
    maybe their group song much better than individual release ?
    or
    the fans don't support the individual activity and
    BTS not that popular as an individual compared as a whole group

• it just prove that SK only care about BTS as a name , a group but not really care about individual member. but then BTS is ranked high on social chart. not really sure what the issue is

• I think this solo music BTS is releasing is more experimental and aimed at more of their global market. I don’t think JHope thought when recording More was like “this is gonna kill on the SK charts”. I believe with all their solos they want to try something so totally different from the BTS sound because BTS is so identifiable with the seven of them and right away people are comparing the solo music to the sound and expectations that the legend that is BTS carries.

• Dreamers stayed in top 10 for days bit I know Blonks act like that isn't JK's song either. Still posting to stop the spread of misinfo

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS members have not done any conventional Kpop promo for their songs...as soon as 1 member did a few bare minimum tiktoks, look the the impact on his song, new peak on Melon daily everyday

I am amazed how AKP Armys also move these days :facepalm:

• This thread contains 118 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!