I Need 4th Gen Groups For The 2023 Year End Award Shows To Step It Up

• Idk man, maybe BTS set the standard for me, but I just been watching these 4th gen groups, and nothing impresses me.

All they do is have a bunch of background dancers with 2 props and that's it.

I need GRAND scale performances.

And these big companies have the budget too, so I don't want excuses.

Again maybe BTS set the tone for me, but...

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stray Kids the only 4th gen group I could think of, even though I'm not fond of their music, who put out a kinda upscale performance at MAMA last year.

Everyone else had again a bunch of background dancers, unnecessary dance breaks every 3 minutes, and small props or "a surprise change outfit".

And nothing wrong with having background dancers btw, its just I want other stuff with it.

Like make use of them, but make it big and different.

Most of the ones I seen, were just the background dancers doing the same choreo or similar to it, as the idols who were already dancing.

• SLIMEBABY

Changed the title of the thread from “I Need 2023 Year End Award Shows To Step It Up” to “I Need 4th Gen Groups For The 2023 Year End Award Shows To Step It Up”.
  • External Content www.youtube.com

You missed a legendary one

EDIT: wrong link, changed to the full *20 minute* performance (literally a concert)

• External Content www.youtube.com

You missed a legendary one

EDIT: wrong link, changed to the full *20 minute* performance (literally a concert)

I was struggling to find that one lol

• I do think you're right though, while there are many performances I've liked a lot from 4th gen groups my bias is probably playing some part there. The only 4th gen groups that seem to be able to put out these grand scale epic performances that you'll remember even after 4 years (like I do with many BTS ones) are SKZ, ITZY and ATEEZ. I think LSFM is getting there, their MMA performance this year was a real standout that I will remember for a long time.

I think there was a lot of "stepping up" in 2022, specifically LSFM came in as a new group and raised the bar a bit for award show / end year show performances.

• Just go watch ateez on kingdom you'll see how amazing they are.

And if that's not enough just watch ateez concert DVD

I recommend going to the channel that uploaded these Atlanta performances :siptear:

• I do think you're right though, while there are many performances I've liked a lot from 4th gen groups my bias is probably playing some part there. The only 4th gen groups that seem to be able to put out these grand scale epic performances that you'll remember even after 4 years (like I do with many BTS ones) are SKZ, ITZY and ATEEZ. I think LSFM is getting there, their MMA performance this year was a real standout that I will remember for a long time.

I think there was a lot of "stepping up" in 2022, specifically LSFM came in as a new group and raised the bar a bit for award show / end year show performances.

But see that's what I'm saying though, that's just in terms of "dancing".

If that's the case, then yeah I could name a few groups who did good " dancing and having dance breaks".

Im mainly talking about the performance apart from the dancing.

Like tell a story or give me a big entrance with a grand scale outro to close off the performance.

That's what I'm talking about lol

This is a recent example I can find.

Its from their 2021 MAMA stage.

Even this seem big scale to me, for 4th gen group standards, and this is how I want other 4th gen girl groups award show performances to be like.

If they not that good at dancing, thats fine.

But at least have other stuff going on too, like some acting or something

• Ive and Le Sserafim both had a pretty large scale stage at the Melon Music Awards. As a result they had a smaller one at the MAMA afterwards. Just look up their names and MMA

And what about Nmixx at Mama

Also I watched the whole AAA all the k-pop groups had either an intro or dance break and some did a full remix of the song like Nmixx (different instrumental), Lightsum (basically making the song girl crush), and Le Sserafim (rock) the remixes were epic

bartkun You watched all the awards shows, they had some expensive performances right

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!