Why do you think groups so rarely perform remixed versions of songs during award shows/end year festivals?

• I'm talking here about changing sounds in the songs, playin with melody, not only adding some 15-20 sec dance break

here is example of proper remix performed during KBS Gayo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

do you think it's because companies ain't creative or because they would need to pay music producers for creating different version of song?

Mamamoo once said that award shows and their own concerts are only moments when they can be creative and do some dope stages because in music shows and radio shows people only expect to hear the exact version of the song which was released on album/youtube/streaming apps.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by bartkun ().

• I don't get it either. As a K-pop fan, I loved seeing all the special performances and collaborations and reworks of songs in the end-of-the-year events and other occasions.

My guess is, it takes time and effort that not only the artists but also composers/choreographers/etc have to invest in it, and either they don't have that spare time available due to a busy schedule or the company or crew supporting a group don't deem it worth the effort or time to change it up.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I like BTS's performance. They put a lot of effort into it and was fun to watch. I don't think people really care about remixed versions of songs. It's nice if they do but I don't think it takes away from the performance if they don't. So long as there is that energy and stage presence, I'm happy.

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

• That’s literally not true. It’s just due to Covid that a lot of people don’t put that much budget into their stages anymore. Most performances PreCovid were remixes and mashups of the original songs

External Content youtu.be

• I can't remember if bts performed remixes on award shows but they do it at concerts.

Fire, dionysus, dynamite, not today, boy in luv, I'm sure i forget something

They did e.g. Mic Drop remix before it was released. Also they did remixes that are on the Young Forever album. It‘s just in the current times that a lot of artists are not doing it but before almost every stage was some weird remix

• They did e.g. Mic Drop remix before it was released. Also they did remixes that are on the Young Forever album. It‘s just in the current times that a lot of artists are not doing it but before almost every stage was some weird remix

I was talking about unreleased versions that were made specifically for concerts. Nothing i mentioned is available at any platforms and that's unacceptable :pepe-sad:

• I don't know why, I just know my faves did it at kbs gayo and it was really cute and fun :mooning:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!