Min Hee Jin is batch suing hate comments

• Min Hee Jin is batch suing hate comments

img_20230203095558_43a05465.jpg

Article: Ador is taking legal action against comments crossing the line about New Jeans

Source: Wikitree via Instagram

Various posts on online communities have been sprouting up about being served legal action by Adore for hate comments. Many of them claim that Adore is specifically targeting only women who left comments about Min Hee Jin's lolita controversy.

Post 1: "The lawsuit isn't about Cookie. It's about (a comment I left) way before. When we were talking about her interior decorations and her Instagram feed or whatever. I left a comment saying she seemed to have a lot of interest in lolita, and I'm getting sued over that one line. I didn't say any swears or talk about any other topic."

Post 2: "Wow... Just got a call from the police. Apparently Min Hee Jin is filing a batch of lawsuits over theqoo comments. They told me to come in; I've never experienced something like this. I didn't write any swear words and deleted my comment after I posted it...."

Post 3: "I didn't write any swears either. Even the police I spoke to said this was an awkward situation. As long as anyone wrote anything slightly negative on theqoo, she's suing them. I deleted mine not long after I posted it so I don't even remember what I wrote."

Post 3: "If Min Hee Jin is batch suing, seems like people are getting contacted over comments that aren't even that bad?"

Post 4: "I heard Min Hee Jin is active on monitoring communities, I guess it's true"

Post 5: "Surely a CEO with her own legal team isn't suing people over nothing, right?"

-

1. [+542] Why would she only sue women... use your brains. Honestly, the fact that they're even thinking that they're being targeted for being women makes me think their comments probably deserve a lawsuit.

2. [+401] If only they didn't leave comments deserving of a lawsuit in the first place...

3. [+156] Just... don't leave hate comments. No one's asking you to? You won't get sued if you don't leave comments, right? Do you guys have a brain? Use it for once.

4. [+60] It was probably a coincidence that the majority of them happened to be women. These communities need to be stopped.

5. [+76] From a man's perspective, there's no reason for men to go out of their way to hate on a pretty group

- [+12] There's no one gender that is responsible for hate comments. As for this case, they just happened to be women. Most women love beautiful women more than men do ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+32] Disturbing to me that they don't see anything wrong with leaving comments about lolita to a group of minors... I hope they pay the price of the lawsuit

7. [+245] She's not only targeting women... they just happen to be women now that the lawsuits are out ㅋㅋ Most men don't even know who Min Hee Jin is, and most don't leave comments on Instagram feeds. They never cared about the lolita stuff. It's funny how they don't think that the comments they left are problematic but being sued as women is.

8. [+36] How do they not see that accusing someone of being a p*do is not a hateful thing to say about someone?

9. [+8] Why would you even leave a comment accusing her of being interested in lolita anyway... stupid, tsk tsk

10. [+14] So why'd you comment that stuff? ㅋㅋㅋ

Min Hee Jin is batch suing hate comments
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

• i mean, she has every right to sue people who are basically insinuating she's a pedo over things that don't really prove that. that whole controversy really did damage her image. but it's also true her subsequent actions haven't done her any good.

i just think its dumb for people to hide behind "its just a discussion" "we're giving valid criticism" when yall were rlly just calling her a pedo in broad daylight. js!

who's your favorite artist?

• Good

If you are gonna accuse/insinuate that somone is a pedo, on of the most heinous crimes there is, you better have real proof of it. False accusations like that can ruin a persons life.

Post 2: "Wow... Just got a call from the police. Apparently Min Hee Jin is filing a batch of lawsuits over theqoo comments. They told me to come in; I've never experienced something like this. I didn't write any swear words and deleted my comment after I posted it...."

Post 3: "I didn't write any swears either. Even the police I spoke to said this was an awkward situation. As long as anyone wrote anything slightly negative on theqoo, she's suing them. I deleted mine not long after I posted it so I don't even remember what I wrote."

I wonder why they felt they had to delete their posts afterward if they didnt write anything bad as they say..

• Yes, that's why are being sued.

South Korea has draconian defamation laws where you can get sued/punished even if what you said was factually true.

According to Article 307 of South Korea’s Criminal Act, a person who publicly reveals facts that are damaging to another person is subject to punishment. Even if the statement is true, Article 310 of the Criminal Act specifies that a person is exonerated from defamation only if these facts are true and solely for the interest of the public.

Problems with Korea’s Defamation Law - Korea Economic Institute of America
    Requirements in Korea's defamation law for people to prove their public accusation's "social good" have protected perpetrators.
    keia.org

• Lol she doesn’t think she’s done anything wrong that’s the problem here. She’s not a pedo but cookie was indeed creepy and her lolita aesthetics infatuation was indeed creepy. She pretended that the song was about making cookies like as if everyone was born yesterday and completely glossed over Instagram or whatever feed that was exposed :angryr: :cryingr:

Gaslighting at its finest :angryr: :cryingr:

Level : min hee jin

• So MHJ is wasting the money that HYBE made off BTS to sue every single time she is crticized. Yet HYBE was crickets when BTS was attacked viciously over enlistment (Jin stated that he was sad about getting attacked for it even though he was planning to enlist), Jimin's health premiums issue, Jimin being doxxed, etc. Etc. MHJ will be the downfall of HYBE along with Scooter. I hope BTS jumps ship instead of going down with it.

• South Korea has draconian defamation laws where you can get sued/punished even if what you said was factually true.

According to Article 307 of South Korea’s Criminal Act, a person who publicly reveals facts that are damaging to another person is subject to punishment. Even if the statement is true, Article 310 of the Criminal Act specifies that a person is exonerated from defamation only if these facts are true and solely for the interest of the public.

https://keia.org/the-peninsula…th-koreas-defamation-law/

while i disagree with having draconian laws, ignorance of those laws doesn't excuse the citizens actually living there.

• I mean if someone has a lolita wallboard like that and then they go onto posting about it on IG, anybody would find it weird. It's not them hating for whatever reason. SK's defamation laws are so shit for protecting rich ppl from all sorts of criticism, even when they deserve getting criticism for it.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• South Korea has draconian defamation laws where you can get sued/punished even if what you said was factually true.

https://keia.org/the-peninsula…th-koreas-defamation-law/

This law is always brought up as some sort of gatcha.

When was the last time a celebrity went to court or won a defamation case for something that was proven true ?

This is a law common in many countries over the world, all scandinavian countries for example have similar laws regarding defamation.

Key here is "true and solely for the interest of the public", there are numerous thing that might be true, but not illegal, or have any business in being exposed in public.

As an example for why the law exists (not comparing it in anway to this situation or other common when celebrites are involved), a man is revelead to have been sexually assulted by several other men, the victims face and name is made public against his will, and its used to mock him, something that will follow him for the rest of his life. The assault is true, and so is the defamation/slander/libel.

Edited once, last by Kreatin ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!