CEO Teddy is trying to turn blacklabel into an entertainment company

• I think Teddy's goal is no longer a secret and BLINKS know that

This man is trying to build his own business

He has been working for yg since he's teenage years, after composing hit songs for several artists like psy, bb, gd, 2en1...he decides to pursue his dream

Let's go back to the story of TBL:

- in 2015, with Yg authorization , he created his own label and asked some idols and producers to join TBL

- in 2016, he knows that Yg will debut a new gg and take this opportunity... he made a deal with them to manage BP's music and image

it is said to be Teddy's idea to use "luxurious girls" image on them. And now, no brand deal contract is accepted without his approval

-in 2018, after D4 intl success .. he asked Somi from IOI to join the label

- in 2020, after the success of HYLT and BP's first full album... not sure how (maybe he gained some influence on yg) but he managed to change TBL's status from "subsidiary label" to "associate company"

- in 2021, TBL moves from their small studio to the old Yg building

-2022, many actors also join the label they also opened the global gg audition for BL

-in 2023, Taeyang and Park bogum have joined TBL

Teddy told him to ask Jimin for the collab (not only to promote taeyang but also his label)

Teddy has a lot connections in the industry he's pretty good with brand deals, just look at Taeyang and Somi

He seems to be close to Akmu and gd as well

He also has a good relationship with idols and producers (inside and outside yg)

I doubt all his efforts ...are just for yg, if he's not planning to build his own business then he's planning to take Yg...

To be honest ,he has a better chance than Psy if he want to build his own company

BlinkTaglist :/

“ < 4 you & her

• I kind of don't get the whole

"he had connections and thanks to that artist got good commercial deals"

what about music tho?

is that really a peak for his artists to release 1 song per year?

who are they then? isn't this kind of like cutting the coupons or something?

you know like when you are boxer, MMA fighter, soccer player past your prime

and you go to some lower tier league to get good pay for not so much of playing/doing things, more just like being a marketing mascot to sell some shirts, tickets etc?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This was always the plan. YG created THEBLACKLABEL so it'll be as successful as YGPlus, which has its own actors and models and is also publicly-traded. Except YGPlus is the biggest digital and physical album distributor in Kpop and they have a big investment arm.

THEBLACKLABEL will look a lot like YGKPlus--->

YGKplus

YGPlus

Some might remember HIGHGRND when YG created it for Tablo to run. But Tablo didn't know what he was doing.

Here's some good info here. I think Teddy, YGE, Yang Hynsuk and Naver will be the biggest stakeholders when TBL goes public. Besides YG and Naver having a lot of joint ventures and a deep and long relationship, of course Loren is in TBL so Naver is a given.

Here you can read about my post last month when THEBLACKLABEL brought on the new CEO.

Here

And some good info about what's to come.

Here

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Why? 'Cause he's blinded by money and fame

or his musical taste becomes tasteless? :boompepe:

Both lol. I think that bp is restricted to his sound over time and wasn’t given chance to innovate. He did helped with their initial hits but like other groups they switch up and innovate their producers. I don’t get to see rose writing or getting involved with most of the bp album when she has the most potential. I think the dungeon is also created by teddy imo.

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• so you're saying that TBL will swallow up YG and be part of the new big3?

Not going to happen.

Maybe years from now if Baby Monster becomes an NMixx and TBLGG is another Blackpink, Teddy might get enough influence to overtake YG or become head of both companies at the request of shareholders. I don't see that happening, though.

Baby Monster will probably do well enough to keep YG as the boss. YG is staking his name on the group, so he is clearly confident in them.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• It's still a Talent Agency, which manages Talents so are interested in whom they sign as they just need a management team to get them work.

An Entertainment Company writes and produces content for their Talents which the Big 3 have done, they have produced Drama and Variety Shows.

• Teddy might have simply wanted a boutique label to have more creative freedom.

With his recent moves signing Taeyang and especially Park Bogum, it has become clear that Teddy wants TheBlackLabel to grow into a major entertainment agency.

And it wasn't with Zion T or Somi😅

He's been collecting models since 2018, been auditioning for girl group idk it was just kinda obvious the Black Label doesn't really march to YGs beat

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• It's funny that Bogum originally auditioned for YG as a singer, now years later he signs with an YG affiliate. The rumors about him wanting to invest in singing seems true.

Not going to happen.

Maybe years from now if Baby Monster becomes an NMixx and TBLGG is another Blackpink, Teddy might get enough influence to overtake YG or become head of both companies at the request of shareholders. I don't see that happening, though.

Baby Monster will probably do well enough to keep YG as the boss. YG is staking his name on the group, so he is clearly confident in them.

That reminds about Ella Gross which signed with TBL years ago, I wonder if she is gonna be in the TBLGG.

Wasn't there news about Zion.T leaving TBL some time ago, what happened to that? He still seems to be with them.

They haven't even set up a proper website, I was looking for an artist page in theblacklabel.com but the site is just a black background with their logo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!