Even some idols think of BTS as the Voldemort in Kpop

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

'That one group' :boompepe:

This is exactly one example why Kpop groups benefitted to BTS clout sometimes. Imagine getting extra drinks just because they mistook some of NCT members as BTS :drinktears:

This is a testament how BTS is equivalent to Kpop. People immediately thought of BTS=Kpop. Some even thinks BTS and KPOP are the same and a lot of people can't even name other groups other than BTS lol.

Kidding aside, it's always NCT who was mistaken for BTS. Can't blame them if they somehow feel a type of way about it.

• Thays what they get. Educate yourself on kpop or you will be giving free drinks to every asian man that comes in.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lmaoooo bruhhh💀

External Content twitter.com

IMG_20230128_185035.jpg

• Thays what they get. Educate yourself on kpop or you will be giving free drinks to every asian man that comes in.

I will take advantage of it and enjoy my drinks, tbh. But I can only imagine how many times their ego and pride have crushed since no one seems to recognize them lol

• Why are you making it sound like they walked into the place calling themselves bts?!

I mean Mark literally boasting about it, and saying how he was taking endless drinks and food that the server was giving them, not once trying to correct them or speak up in general...so...

• I ain't even mad at the conversation but I'm not gonna lie I'm a bit shocked no one said sunbaenim

Isn't that like engrained into these Kpop Idols from birth like :skull:

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• You know that this means that people can’t recognize bts either right? I don’t think it’s something to laugh about

It's been happening since the dawn of time. Unless you're a fan or you know a band well, then you can't recognize them either. I can't even recognize all members of every groups (gg or bg) except BTS. Heck, even it took me quite some time to memorize each BTS members when I became a fan lol.

• They took down the first thread I made about it lmao

IMG_20230128_185035.jpg

• LMAO what a mood, they should really pretend they're BTS lolll bcs some people are just too ignorant

And people should just chill they're just joking with their members :-)

Edited once, last by merekede ().

• I agree. To me it seems like they were gonna not name names and just tell the story. But then the name got mentioned and it just got messed up from there.

True. knetz are real serious about their honorifics so they'd prob get the most flack for that if this convo gets posted and spread around on kforums

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• Lol, this isn’t new. A lot of kpop idols get mistaken for being in BTS, even J Hope ^^ This happened to Chinese EXO members and J Park. At least they weren’t salty about it. I personally would never feel insulted for being mistaken for someone else, it happens and even more so when you are a celebrity. I bet GG idols get asked if they are related to or know BTS :sweat:. Really the west only know BTS and not Kpop.

• You know that this means that people can’t recognize bts either right? I don’t think it’s something to laugh about

To be fair, not many recognise members of Maroon 5, Beatles, Metallica, Coldplay etc except for their lead singers. But the group name is well known. BTS name is already house-hold. Just weird why NCT boys can’t admit they are not BTS. They want to feel a bit of that glory or what? Or it’s just the SM ego showing it’s ugly head (like the label prohibit mentioning non label groups especially “that group”).

• To be fair, not many recognise members of Maroon 5, Beatles, Metallica, Coldplay etc except for their lead singers. But the group name is well known. BTS name is already house-hold. Just weird why NCT boys can’t admit they are not BTS. They want to feel a bit of that glory or what? Or it’s just the SM ego showing it’s ugly head (like the label prohibit mentioning non label groups especially “that group”).

they have been mistaken for bts for years

literally

External Content www.youtube.com

it was just this one instance where they went along with it

• To be fair, not many recognise members of Maroon 5, Beatles, Metallica, Coldplay etc except for their lead singers. But the group name is well known. BTS name is already house-hold. Just weird why NCT boys can’t admit they are not BTS. They want to feel a bit of that glory or what? Or it’s just the SM ego showing it’s ugly head (like the label prohibit mentioning non label groups especially “that group”).

They’ve been called BTS on several different occasions and have corrected people who have done so. Saying ‘we are not BTS’ got them ridiculed and dragged because people thought it was so funny that they weren’t recognised.

• Man, these men are fed up. I think all of these happened in Mexico

One member said 'Shut up' lol

• Man, these mean are fed up. I think all of these happened in Mexico

One member said 'Shut up' lol

They didn’t say shut up they said ‘it’s fine’ in Korean.

• some of yall making a mountain out of a molehill its sad that they have worked hard and earned what they have only to be called another group all you see are clips I doubt any of you were physically there to know if they did in fact correct people. The clip shows them talking about what happened trying not to say the group name it got said and they just finished the story. Its really not that deep. I would be annoyed if I was constantly called someone else when I've busted my ass for years. There's really no need to turn this into something it's not.

• They’ve been called BTS on several different occasions and have corrected people who have done so. Saying ‘we are not BTS’ got them ridiculed and dragged because people thought it was so funny that they weren’t recognised.

i really think it’s SM’s policy not to say other groups name I guess

they have been mistaken for bts for years

That’s not the point. The point was how NCT members mentioned BTS - like it’s a forbidden word and no honorifics (because BTS are their seniors). Many acts were mistaken as BTS but when they talked about it, it was with respect/not being weird about it. It is a cute and funny story tbh.

I do agree people are making a big deal about this but it’s Korea where if an idol didn’t smile or bow at seniors can get lots of heat about it. I’m just adding my thoughts on why some are angry about it. I’m sure BTS don’t care.

• This thread contains 134 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!