How did HYBE & ADOR manage to do in 6 months what SM has been trying to do for over a decade

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's bullying SM Entertainment hours everyone :pepe-devil:

SM has been obsessed with bringing kpop to the west for what feels like forever yet they keep falling behind compared to other massive labels. Why?

Honestly, the simple answer for me is they fail to realize what non kpop fans, aka the general public, want. Or every time they are close to figuring out what they want, they ignore it. Red Velvet had the insane potential to break out in the west yet every time they gained momentum, like with Bad Boy and Psycho, SM would fail to capitalize on it. NewJeans music being compared to Red Velvet's discography is just more proof of this. I feel like if SM debuted a group whose discography was like the music from Red Velvet's velvet side and songs like 4 walls, View, and Why, they could have a massive group in the west. And all these songs are SM songs so it wouldn't feel like they were abandoning their classic SM sound.

SM stans what's your opinion on this :whatr:

• Rv really was wasted haiz. Bad boy didn’t slap so hard to be squandered like this in the grand scheme of things

I remember snsd making an appearance on letterman around the the boys era and wowwee the cringe fest :sweatr: It’s extremely ironic sm has always been visibly obsessed with the west and yet they’re the only big 4 company who’s never had a single artist chart on billboard 100. And the future doesn’t seem to be looking up any time soon

• Has SM really dome anything? Lol. Getting some interviews and writing some click bait articles are such useless flimsy things…. is what people consider a “push”?

New Jeans had five back to back comebacks in six months with focus on Spotify a paid streaming service that yields the best results for something like BB HOT100

It’s ok to say SM has tried but new jeans was pushed and promoted to the highest degree to get these results more than any other group in the history of kpop. I don’t believe any group in kpop has ever had the treatment new jeans has had. There’s nothing wrong with it good for them. But this narrative that SM tired and failed while HYBE or ador did it naturally is hilarious.

New Jeans are successful because they come from the biggest kpop company and had the biggest push in the history of kpop ever. It would be embarrassing if they had not been so.

• *Cough*

SuperM?

:teeheek::teeheek::teeheek::teeheek:

aespa?

:teeheek::teeheek::teeheek::teeheek:

And any kpop acts that release on Friday and not Monday is chasing the American dream..

• New Jeans had five back to back comebacks in six months with focus on Spotify a paid streaming service that yields the best results for something like BB HOT100

This is their first comeback. Just because their pre-releases and singles became hits doesn't mean they have more comebacks than others lol

• This is their first comeback. Just because their pre-releases and singles became hits doesn't mean they have more comebacks than others lol

The level of delusion 😭 people really blv with their whole chest rubbish like this and that new jeans has not reocvied the highest amount of promo and push 😭

I guess in that HYBE has been successful in convincing their gullible fanbase that the biggest pushed GG in the history of kpop is not so. Lol.

• What are you even blabbering. Stop wasting my time. I just said none of this compares to the promo NJ has gotten. Friday releases interviews some click bait articles is probably cheap change compared to having five full back to back singles released.

We can argue SM isn’t smart but there is absolutely no doubt that new jeans is successful because they are from the biggest company and had the biggest promo no doubt about it. Good music is nothing without good promo.

• The level of delusion 😭 people really blv with their whole chest rubbish like this and that new jeans has not reocvied the highest amount of promo and push 😭

I guess in that HYBE has been successful in convincing their gullible fanbase that the biggest pushed GG in the history of kpop is not so. Lol.

You said New Jeans have 5 comebacks which is wrong so I'm just correcting it.

• What are you even blabbering. Stop wasting my time. I just said none of this compares to the promo NJ has gotten. Friday releases interviews some click bait articles is probably cheap change compared to having five full back to back singles released.

We can argue SM isn’t smart but there is absolutely no doubt that new jeans is successful because they are from the biggest company and had the biggest promo no doubt about it. Good music is nothing without good promo.

Didn’t know you’re an SM stan. I thought you’re just in it for Exo.

Yeah newjeans does have the Hybe plus MHJ advantage (smart strategy) plus good music. I admit that. SM should learn to be smart too. Hope they are taking notes. All big labels have acts charted on BBHot100 except them.

• ok. should have known not to argue with this well-known die-hard sm stan here because it's like talking to a wall. carry on with your anger. bye lol

it’s crazy. According to them nj released attention first, then on the very next day had a cb with hype boy, then the very next day another cb with hurt, that’s how we got to 5 cbs rn :pepe-joy: This is a new level of insanity lol i can’t 😭

• But this narrative that SM tired and failed while HYBE or ador did it naturally is hilarious.

New Jeans are successful because they come from the biggest kpop company and had the biggest push in the history of kpop ever. It would be embarrassing if they had not been so.

um what? Feels like you replied to the wrong thread lol the op of this thread never claimed hybe did nothing to promote nj, in fact they never even talked about hybe, they were only discussing sm’s failures in getting their groups out there, so idg why you’re berating op as if they were dismissing hybe’s parts in nj’s success when they did no such thing lol :pepewhat:

• Didn’t know you’re an SM stan. I thought you’re just in it for Exo.

Yeah newjeans does have the Hybe plus MHJ advantage (smart strategy) plus good music. I admit that. SM should learn to be smart too. Hope they are taking notes. All big labels have acts charted on BBHot100 except them.

I just question stupidity. People really think the push New Jenas have gotten is anything close to any SM act. SM is not successful because they don’t know what to push. It’s a separate discussion. I can speak about their stupidity and bad music direction for pages.

The comparison of new jeans push to SM is only valid if NJ dropped hype boy dipped for six months dropped cookie and then didn’t release anything for the next year. Their release schedule has contributed to their success.

The point I’m trying to make is releasing good music at the right time is the BIGGEST push you can ever get. SM has never treated any of their artist to that. This is a mere fact. They didn’t capitalize after love shot for EXO or psycho/bad boy for rv nor Next Level for aespa or even that wayV song love talk to whatever. This is a fact. You don’t need to Stan any company to make objective judgment on the status quo of kpop.

• I didn't notice any excessive pushed for the west for newjeans.

Please kindly inform me what push they got that other groups don't since some of you are yapping so much about it. Btw realising a song has nothing to do with being pushed.

• um what? Feels like you replied to the wrong thread lol the op of this thread never claimed hybe did nothing to promote nj, in fact they never even talked about hybe, they were only discussing sm’s failures in getting their groups out there, so idg why you’re berating op as if they were dismissing hybe’s parts in nj’s success when they did no such thing lol :pepewhat:

I’m pointing out that no one has tried as much as HYBE with new jeans. It’s such a false equivalence.

• I just question stupidity. People really think the push New Jenas have gotten is anything close to any SM act. SM is not successful because they don’t know what to push. It’s a separate discussion. I can speak about their stupidity and bad music direction for pages.

The comparison of new jeans push to SM is only valid if NJ dropped hype boy dipped for six months dropped cookie and then didn’t release anything for the next year. Their release schedule has contributed to their success.

The point I’m trying to make is releasing good music at the right time is the BIGGEST push you can ever get. SM has never treated any of their artist to that. This is a mere fact. They didn’t capitalize after love shot for EXO or psycho/bad boy for rv nor Next Level for aespa or even that wayV song love talk to whatever. This is a fact. You don’t need to Stan any company to make objective judgment on the status quo of kpop.

So how did newjeans got pushed exactly. What particular action did hybe do for new jeans except releasing multiple songs which they didn't even know will be successful. They already had good spotify streams before that playlist thing

• I’m pointing out that no one has tried as much as HYBE with new jeans. It’s such a false equivalence.

i’m not sure what you’re saying contradicts op at all. So you agree with op that sm failed to achieve what hybe did bc they didn’t put as much effort into it and/or they weren’t as competent as hybe? But you can’t tell me sm doesn’t want to get their artists to chart in the west bc that’s a blatant lie lol sm has a long history and there’s no shortage of evidence that points to their obsession with western relevance soo ;judgingpepe:

Edited once, last by Whi ().

• it’s crazy. According to them nj released attention first, then on the very next day had a cb with hype boy, then the very next day another cb with hurt, that’s how we got to 5 cbs rn :pepe-joy: This is a new level of insanity lol i can’t 😭

that's why i said i shouldn't have intervened with their delusion because god knows why they're replying a whole a** essay about something else that i never said :pepe-cross:

• I don’t have anything to say to people who don’t think releasing back to back singles is promo or push.

Just releasing a song has nothing to do with being pushed. Thats what singers should do. Anyone can release multiple songs but that does not mean it will be successful.

I was asking how their songs are pushed that they got this success.

• This copium-fueled implosion is hard to watch. This SM stan is trying so hard to rationalize and then downplay why NewJeans are in the middle of the most dominant first 5 months a K-Pop group has ever seen to start their career.

• The sheer audacity of NewJeans to have a competent and industry-savvy team behind them! How dare they intelligently utilize their resources and employ strategies that have seen them skyrocket to global fame.

Maybe their accomplishments could've been legitimate if they desperately flailed about aimlessly hoping to land a hit with the western market, instead of relying on careful planning and perfect execution.

FakeJeans tbh. It doesn't count.

• basically Ador and Hybe outsmarted and outplayed

the cherry on top of all this is the fact that mhj, the mastermind behind nj, used to be an sm employee lol and she was let go partly bc sm didn’t approve of her vision for their new gg 😭 that’s like a double whammy of how sm got outplayed by hybe 😭

• i’m not sure what you’re saying contradicts op at all. So you agree with op that sm failed to achieve what hype did bc they didn’t put as much effort into it and/or they weren’t as competent as hybe? But you can’t tell me sm doesn’t want to get their artists to chart in the west bc that’s a blatant lie lol sm has a long history and there’s no shortage of evidence that points to their obsession with western relevance soo ;judgingpepe:

The question is why did HYBE and not SM. And I’m answering it’s because SM has never promoted as much as HYBE/ADOR has.

The words you use like “obsession” with western validation and stuff is based on inconsequential things. If they had released constant singles keeping their artist in the lime light after their hits/semi hits that’s what would have helped them the most. People will bring up some superm shit while the evidence on how they treat their headlining acts is there for everyone to see.

• I just question stupidity. People really think the push New Jenas have gotten is anything close to any SM act. SM is not successful because they don’t know what to push. It’s a separate discussion. I can speak about their stupidity and bad music direction for pages.

So we agree that SM is stupid for not pushing their acts the right way (I have to add this).

• It's still hard to put on a finger on newjeans' success in america. I think they are successful in korea and japan just like many other kpop groups. For now, I'm just considering it a hybe investment in america for stability of company post-bts. Many more investments should come in future. One could say, hybe is just shitting gold now, but I need more evidence for that and i mean more consistency from newjeans and lsrfm and not just one instance.

• So we agree that SM is stupid for not pushing their acts.

Of course. That’s what I’m saying SM is not pushing their acts lol. That’s why they aren’t successful. The title of this thread is “trying to do” and I’m arguing if they were trying they would push their artist more. While for everyone on AKP “trying” seems to be things like Friday releases or media play articles and for me that’s just superficial and probably can be done with spare change. “Trying” is if you give constant exposure to your groups. I actually don’t think SM even has he budget to do with say aespa what ADOR did with NJ. But I digress.

• You can have your own opinion I am not here to change that. But the biggest push? Superm, aespa and NCT 127 are fighting for that title.

The only push where newjeans are in the highest are in the fashion industry where they get Brand deals left and right without any personal experience or social media accounts.

• The question is why did HYBE and not SM. And I’m answering it’s because SM has never promoted as much as HYBE/ADOR has.

The words you use like “obsession” with western validation and stuff is based on inconsequential things. If they had released constant singles keeping their artist in the lime light after their hits/semi hits that’s what would have helped them the most. People will bring up some superm shit while the evidence on how they treat their headlining acts is there for everyone to see.

i’m sorry but you’re straight up talking copium rn - what you’re describing is sm’s lack of competence, not lack of desire to get their groups to blow up in the west. Bc if sm had no such ambition then their actions so far (which I won’t get into bc I don’t want to write an essay) imply even less competence and common sense on their part 😭

• This thread contains 139 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!