Which girl groups are the best dancers in your opinion?

• LOONA is the poster child for this discourse for a reason (mirrored to avoid giving bbc money)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IZ*ONE as well

Le Sserafim

NMIXX

and of course, GFRIEND

• Billlie

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Gonna do 4th Gen since I'm guessing this is what people are more familiar with

If judging by average skill level of the entire group: ITZY. Yeji and Chaeryeong are amazing dancers, Ryujin too.

If judging by execution of formations and synchronicity: IZ*ONE. They have some of the more beautifully choreographed formations and choreo

If judging by the best 4th Gen female dancer ever: Chaeyeon

HAPPY CHAEYEON DAY - K-POP - allkpop forums

• Highest level of dance skill in a group = NMIXX, although I'm less sure of that after Jinni left. That one dancing VLIVE just made a big impact

Favorite choreos overall = IZ*ONE, for me this one is not even close, every single choreo is 10/10. Chae Dasom is truly a legend in the industry.

Favorite single choreo = LOONA Butterfly or IZ*ONE Fiesta, tough one

Best dance performance on stage aka. "execution" = ITZY.. LSFM is creeping up in this category though, could change

The choreos of big groups always seem better to me, there's far more iconic moments in those.

• With the increased focus on dance performance above vocals, my guess is that 4th gen groups are taking the cake in this.

If judging by execution of formations and synchronicity: IZ*ONE. They have some of the more beautifully choreographed formations and choreo

If judging by the best 4th Gen female dancer ever: Chaeyeon

HAPPY CHAEYEON DAY - K-POP - allkpop forums

Ah yes, IZ*One, I loved their choreos, no idea who created those but their choreos and dance performances always looked mesmerizing, and the execution by the IZ*One girls of them was very well done.

As for Chaeyeon, I really like her dancing and I think she's 1 of the better K-pop dancers. But is she really that great, objectively? When she participated in a dance survival contest she got slaughtered, in a way that K-pop rappers weren't when they participated in rap survival contests.

The choreos of big groups always seem better to me, there's far more iconic moments in those.

True, you can usually do more interesting and creative things with choreo with larger groups.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned GFRIEND yet. The syncronization is off the charts and they have some of the most difficult dances for a girl group and they execute them flawlessly.

I miss them so much :waterr:

GFriend, yes! They started to draw my attention when I saw them do a cover performance of TWICE's Ooh Ah!, and their execution of it was flawless and exceptional, and made the song come alive to me in a way that it hadn't before.

After that I noticed how sharp, synchronised and energetic their dance performances were. Their blindfolded dance practices that they did were funny but also impressive, it showed how in tune they were.

And yes, I hated it that Source Music disbanded them :oops:

not everyone like a Girl Group to dance like a Boy Group😅

True!

Often a girl group's dancing is considered great when it comes close to that of boy groups in speed, sharpness and agressive energy, traits that boy groups 9 out of 10 times will be better at due to their edge in muscle power and stamina.

But that's not the only way dance performances can be excellent and awe inspiring. One of the best examples to me is still Seulgi's and Irene's Naughty tutting and vogueing dance performance: it was nowhere near boy group choreo, but it was still beautiful and impressive to watch.

I wish girl group choreo creators would develop choreos more in different, but interesting ways like that.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• GFriend, yes! They started to draw my attention when I saw them do a cover performance of TWICE's Ooh Ah!, and their execution of it was flawless and exceptional, and made the song come alive to me in a way that it hadn't before.

After that I noticed how sharp, synchronised and energetic their dance performances were. Their blindfolded dance practices that they did were funny but also impressive, it showed how in tune they were.

And yes, I hated it that Source Music disbanded them :oops:

I know, right? Finally, someone hear who appreciates how good their dancing is! I love how talented they are in that sense. Definitely one of the best groups dancer-wise as far as covering the whole group goes.

FR! I hate that so much and I want them so badly to come back...

I mean, all the members have already moved on but they were one of the groups that we all thought were going to be re-signing as a group :pleading:

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I know, right? Finally, someone hear who appreciates how good their dancing is! I love how talented they are in that sense. Definitely one of the best groups dancer-wise as far as covering the whole group goes.

FR! I hate that so much and I want them so badly to come back...

I mean, all the members have already moved on but they were one of the groups that we all thought were going to be re-signing as a group :pleading:

Yes!

Their last comeback, Mago, was easily 1 of the best songs and MV's of that year to me, and to me their artistic peak, I would have wished to see more songs and comebacks like that by them, I could see this as a direction they could grow and evolve in as a group. It deserved so, so much more in success and popularity than it did :(

I mean, it's just retro excellence and perfection

External Content www.youtube.com

and while I'm posting anyway, this never fails to amuse and amaze me, I keep going back to this once in a while

External Content www.youtube.com

:lover3:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!