Koreans call ENHYPEN Jay a traitor after he apologized for controversy disparaging Korean history

• Koreans call ENHYPEN Jay a traitor after he apologized for controversy disparaging Korean history

“It’s like a short story” ENHYPEN Jay apologizes after controversy disparaging Korean history ENHYPEN-Jay-apologizes-after-controversy-disparaging-Korean-history-1.webpENHYPEN-Jay-apologizes-after-controversy-disparaging-Korean-history-2-694x1024.jpg

1. It’s ridiculous that an American kid would say such thingsㅋㅋ If Korean history is a short story, American history can be summarized on A4 paper or in one lineㅋㅋ

2. Isn’t this a traitor to the country?

3. Even if you have dual nationality, if you go to elementary, middle and high school in Korea, your mind will be Korean, but why are you just ignorant?

4. Their group seems to be more popular overseas than in Korea. What the hell did he say?

5. He must have never studied Korean history, he wouldn’t be able to say that if he had read the textbooks in school

6. Who is he??? Who is this hollow headed ba$tard???

7. Is he planning to give up the Korean market? He should be ostracized in Korea

8. American history has only 300 years, why do you think Korean history is short?

9. What are you doing to write something that doesn’t even look like an apology?

10. HYBE should take responsibility and teach their artists to study history

11. An American who attended elementary, middle, and high school in Korea?

12. Do you think stupidity is something to brag about?

13. Do you really not know what kind of consequences will happen when you say that?

14. Nowadays, traitors are also K-pop idolsㅋ

15. You are American, but you say Korean history is a short story?

Original post (1)

Koreans call ENHYPEN Jay a traitor after he apologized for controversy disparaging Korean history – Pannkpop

• Man it seems like every couple months ENHYPEN is getting dragged for something whether it's speculation over fatshaming, alleged harassment of Sunoo, people making up dating rumors between sunghoon & wonyoung, future-perfect being hated by casual listeners, the whole black engenes mess last year, and now this.

I don't know what is going on with this group. I like their music but there's too much drama surrounding them for me to invest time.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• he's comparing Korean history to world history so ofc the Korean history will look like a short story. he's not wrong but should have kept it to himself for how patriotic Koreans are lol

• 8. American history has only 300 years, why do you think Korean history is short?

Off-topic but they left out thousands of years of indigenous history, since they were on the land first and it's not like indigenous people exist in a vacuum outside of 1776. Their history is interwoven with the history of the US, although not by choice.

• They'll move on like always

But it's funny that he said that Korea's history is short story, what's american then lol

😂😂 Yes lol when I heard this im like bruh🤡🤡🤡 are you trying to kill yourself career wise? You know how crazy we Koreans are about our country? We simultaneously hate it but also are the most patriotic sobs on earth. Plus he was on drugs about the short history 😂 I'm like did you pay attention in school or day dream? Hopefully people won't shit on him too much. He can always learn and get better.

• Korean Netizens really get angry very easily over very little.

Yes this isn't just *netizens* Thos behavior about things involving our country,race and culture is extremely serious to the vast majority of the population. He would be heavily critized by the general public too. Koreans are very proud of who they are and we are also extremely patriotic to a fault, so its not surprising he got this response from people even if wasn't intentional.

• Man it seems like every couple months ENHYPEN is getting dragged for something whether it's speculation over fatshaming, alleged harassment of Sunoo, people making up dating rumors between sunghoon & wonyoung, future-perfect being hated by casual listeners, the whole black engenes mess last year, and now this.

I don't know what is going on with this group. I like their music but there's too much drama surrounding them for me to invest time.

Should their manager hit them with a broom or something to sweep the drama away?

• Yes this isn't just *netizens* Thos behavior about things involving our country,race and culture is extremely serious to the vast majority of the population. He would be heavily critized by the general public too. Koreans are very proud of who they are and we are also extremely patriotic to a fault, so its not surprising he got this response from people even if wasn't intentional.

Regardless, the ones posting comments online usually are more rabid than the average citizen when it comes to issues of any kind.

• he's comparing Korean history to world history so ofc the Korean history will look like a short story. he's not wrong but should have kept it to himself for how patriotic Koreans are lol

No, he directly compaired it to other countries... Dont know what He was thinking there... He better write an apology that is longer than the korean History... 😅

I might say that there's not a lot of material in Korean history. You study it for a few weeks, look through what little material there is, and it's over. It's like a short story. But other countries, there's no end to the history. I've looked into the histories of all kinds of different countries, and there's no end to the rich histories. Those countries, their histories go on and on and on. But Korean history just starts, then ends, so fast. It's like, that's it?"

• Koreans are so sensi

Maybe the Korean population should just chill. They could focus more on procreating since they continue to break records every year with their extremely low fertility rates. This is what happens when your population becomes old.

If you could come over here and solve the myriad of your economic, cultural and work related reasons why people aren't having babies that would be great 👍

• Well that was funny.

Although if he meant SOUTH KOREA as a country with a short history that would make sense.

I've had civilizations in my country since 3000 years ago. But on the other hand, the country is less than 1000 years old.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!