top 50 most copyrighted 4th gen kpop idols on komca

• And this is really interesting topic

I think the problem starts with the fact women aren't as encouraged to take producing/songwriting classes when they are trainees in the first place. Even when they do, It's like it isn't as focused as It is with the boys. It already decreases significantly the amount of women who has developed/polished said skills, unless they work on it themselves.

When they are trained/skilled, since companies seem to have other plans for women as idols other than seeing them taking credits in their music, they don't get that many opportunities to showcase. And apparently It's an aspect more marketable for boygroups, so their creative freedom is more allowed.

The result is what we are seeing. Just my opinion.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I think the problem starts with the fact women aren't as encouraged to take producing/songwriting classes when they are trainees in the first place. Even when they do, It's like it isn't as focused as It is with the boys. It already decreases significantly the amount of women who has developed/polished said skills, unless they work on it themselves.

When they are trained/skilled, since companies seem to have other plans for women as idols other than seeing them taking credits in their music, they don't get that many opportunities to showcase. And apparently It's an aspect more marketable for boygroups, so their creative freedom is more allowed.

The result is what we are seeing. Just my opinion.

and also another topic that could be gained from this is...

Is there any correlation of this and charting?

Like bgs seems having more self-writer/composer/producer in contrast with ggs

But ggs is charting.

Are there any silver lining in here? Like because most of gg's song are handled by a more experienced producer, they can always having this variety of sounds that can hit gp's taste.

whereas bg's self-producer even tho having so many credits, are still "young" and loved to experimenting and expressing anything to their song and it made the song couldn't vibing with the gp?

Even tho there are another factor that affecting bg/gg charts and their likeliness within the gp,

Idk but it is interesting for me.

• Well it’s 4th gen..

Purple Kiss Yuki started last year she is in this top 50. We only have 3 women in this ranking and none from the BIG4. Groups like ITZY or Aespa don't even have a 1 song they're credited to. I know that ITZY has expressed several times the wish to participate in the writing but they have never been able to do so. The industry has evolved on certain things, but we see that there are some problem that absolutely do not evolve and sometimes even become worse.

• It was what I meant when I said It's an aspect more marketable for boygroups. Since their intention is to (mainly) catch different demographics, the way they are handled by a Company will also be different.

But I think things don't need to be so black and white. I'm pretty sure many women can take credits in their music and still reach their agencies expectation to catch general public's attention, they are just not trusted. Most boygroups who reached GP awareness are signing their own music. Why can't more girlgroups?

• It was what I meant when I said It's an aspect more marketable for boygroups. Since their intention is to (mainly) catch different demographics, the way they are handled by a Company will also be different.

But I think things don't need to be so black and white. I'm pretty sure many women can take credits in their music and still reach their agencies expectation to catch general public's attention, they are just not trusted. Most boygroups who reached GP awareness are signing their own music. Why can't more girlgroups?

Agreed.

And as far as I know (or at least within my fav groups), I see there are many young gg idols who are interested and learn how to make one, especially in 4th gen...

Besides Soyeon obv, gidle had Yuqi and Minnie who I can say having a quite works even tho only 1-3 songs that had been released by cube...

We also got izone soloists, since those are the people who got the chance to either compose or writes for izone's songs.

in ive, besides Rei and Gaeul who already wrote some stuff and had some drafts (usually just for their practice class), Leeseo is aspired to learn music stuff and create a song.

And then Billlie Haram are also on her way of deepening her fundamentals of music theory (she is a student/graduate, idk i forgot, of applied music department)

But yeah maybe we only gonna see them having the chance in 5-7 years in the future, which the earliest we gonna see is Yuqi, Minnie, and the Izone soloists.

The company only needs to give them a chance...

• Yuki made it and Soyeon is truly impressive, Youha too.

Debatable since the biggest male acts in Korea, BTS and BB are two groups who have producer or songwriter members

• One thing to consider is the allowance of production ability.

I remember reading an article where it was mentioned that Production was a male trainee only course in Cube. until Soyeon actively requested to take part

Also Miyeon mentioned she got production classes as a trainee (which would be at YG) however, we know BP doesn't have much in the way of production credits even though the same training would apply to them.

It's likely one of the two cases is true for other female idols at other companies.

• For all that charting 4th Gen Girl groups, very few of them are involved in the music they are performing.

• October 2020

14 out of 100 were women.

komca-release-100-k-pop-idols-with-most-copyrights-2020-find-out-who-s-no-1.jpg?w=600?w=650

KOMCA Release 100 K-pop Idols with Most Copyrights 2020: Find Out Who’s No.1
    Recently, Korea Music Copyright Association (KOMCA) updated its records of K-pop idols who currently own the most copyrights, and the list was incredible!…
    www.kpopstarz.com

June 2021

10 out of 80 were women.

1623771528-copyright-2021-june.jpg

Kpop Idols Who Own the Most Copyrights [Updated for June 2021]
    Whenever a musician participates in the writing of song composition, lyrics, or arrangement, the Korea Music Copyright Association (KOMCA) puts it o…
    www.allkpop.com

• Looking at the list above, even those in the 3rd generation, we only have Exy from WJSN, Moonbyul from Maamamoo and Say from Evol.

From the 2020 list, only 4 women are from 3rd and 4th generation, the rest are from prior generations.

You need around 30 songs to make the list, so how long you have been around plays a part.

• I found this list from 2020, anyone knows of an updated one?

1579702314-top-30-copyrighted-female-idols.jpg

• Jesus, in 1 year and a half Bang Chan got over 50 new credits

He's absolutely insane.

Ravi better run, hes coming for #1 j/

jonny5.gif

Han and Changbin over 40

jonny5.gif

Edited once, last by Minazuki ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!