All the reunions need to be like the Kara's one

• Just come back with a modern song and play it like you were never even gone. Not with some nostalgia bullshit fan message of a song like SES or SNSD or even worse, with a cover album, like Brown Eyed Girls. Nobody wants that shit.

Fans want a song that'd remind them of the days their faves were at their prime, they want to listen and say "See, this is why I loved them", not a sad song about "long gone days".

If you ain't gonna do it like that, just don't bother coming back

• I see your point, but i don't agree... In kpop, groups rarely released goodbye songs when they "disband" so some reunions are just to say it properly and to have an one last moment with fans like Kara are going full promotion which is WONDERFUL!!, but each case is different.

I'm sure these idols have a say in what type of song they want to release so let them express themselves the way they want.

• Lol you didn’t lie tho :pepe-cringe: Those fan message songs are nice for the fans, but the problem is the number of their fans has dwindled and there’s now a huge chunk of listeners completely newly exposed to this group, so targeting nostalgia is not gonna be successful at enticing these new listeners to check out these older groups

• good point

and would add more

I hope groups which release 'special albums' or 'anniversary albums' or 'thank you for fans albums'

will stop picking ballads or slower songs as main titles/MV's...

just bring a bops!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lol you didn’t lie tho :pepe-cringe: Those fan message songs are nice for the fans, but the problem is the number of their fans has dwindled and there’s now a huge chunk of listeners completely newly exposed to this group, so targeting nostalgia is not gonna be successful at enticing these new listeners to check out these older groups

But your point make no sense why these groups would try to target new fans considering that they are not planning to comeback as a full time Group

They don't need to release modern shit for shitty fans who only wants to spend money on new toys

That's why they are targetting to their old fans and release songs that their fans like

Like what is the goal behind your argument

Make them release song like new groups do for what :

- for their old fans being disappointed and not wanting to support this reunion because they can't see the groups they like in this new genre and it's no longer the group they like

- or for new fans who will be happy to have a new songs to add in their playlist but we'll never support these groups because they prefer to spend money on groups who will be very active and not groups having a reunion once every 10 years

If we go by your logic they lose mist by doing what all of you want

Than doing what they are doing

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• But your point make no sense why these groups would try to target new fans considering that they are not planning to comeback as a full time Group

They don't need to release modern shit for shitty fans who only wants to spend money on new toys

That's why they are targetting to their old fans and release songs that their fans like

the problem with your line of reasoning is a lot of the times these sentimental fan-geared songs are vastly different from what these groups usually released, so can you actually say they satisfy all their fans and are what they all like? Some fans appreciate the nostalgic sentiments, but some also don’t and just want boppy music they’d come to expect from their faves, so using the excuse that “this is what all fans want” isn’t even really true lol. I’m not saying that fans message songs are inherently all inferior or bad, i’m just saying that your reasoning doesn’t actually hold weight on a wide scale

• Some fans appreciate the nostalgic sentiments, but some also don’t and just want boppy music they’d come to expect from their faves, so using the excuse that “this is what all fans want” isn’t even really true lol.

Nonono, The old fans clearly want boring ballad about the past called "Remember", "Memories" or another cliche bs", cause that's the type of song that got them into these groups :pepe-clown-gear:

• Umm u cant get more SNSD like a song than Forever 1. It's the most SNSD like song after Gee amd thats their peak :whatr:

People clearly dont understand what these aniversaries are. Besides S.E.S. also released Paradise which isnt a ballad so... :angryr:

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!