SNSD never had a PAK in their whole career??!!!

• I'm today years old when I know Snsd never had a PAK. Like how and why when they have so many viral and iconic songs? All this time, I thought I see their name as one of the gg with most PAK, might be some mandela effect cuz I swear I see it somewhere :pepe-puddle:

• I'm today years old when I know Snsd never had a PAK. Like how and why when they have so many viral and iconic songs? All this time, I thought I see their name as one of the gg with most PAK, might be some mandela effect cuz I swear I see it somewhere :pepe-puddle:

SM used to have a beef with Cyworld and that's why they never got a PAK.... :pepe-life-support:
    Plus I don't think it wasn't created when they were at their peak.

• Paks are nice to have but they’re never indicative of how big of a hit a song is. Would you say that savage is a bigger bit song than next level, or that nxde is bigger than tomboy? No, right? But savage and nxde had paks while next level and tomboy didn’t. So don’t fret when a song doesn’t have paks bc luck and timing play a huge factor for paks, not a song’s long run success.

But with gee snsd have a song that was in 2 melon monthly charts on #1. Only other GG who achieved that is Wonder girls with Tell me. Only topped by rollin from Brave Girls and dynamite from bangtan Girls who got 3 monthly #1.

Pak started to be a thing from 2010/11 on. So no gee or Genie Pak.

• Paks are nice to have but they’re never indicative of how big of a hit a song is. Would you say that savage is a bigger bit song than next level, or that nxde is bigger than tomboy? No, right? But savage and nxde had paks while next level and tomboy didn’t. So don’t fret when a song doesn’t have paks bc luck and timing play a huge factor for paks, not a song’s long run success.

Not like it's that super important but I just shook to the fact that they never get one when they're everywhere and they have several hit songs. And I thought I see somewhere that they had the most pak for gg, that's all.

• The criteria for PAK keep arbitrarily changing all the time as well. The moment they added Youtube music it became quite a bit harder to PAK. It's a good change considering the market share of Youtube Music is on the verge of surpassing Melon, would be crazy to ignore it but it's a bit of a shame it only updates once per week.

Many PAKs were denied this year by YT music or Bugs manipulation. At least they made Bugs require a Korean ID for account creation but fandoms are still finding ways to circumvent it.

Some examples from 2022: Love Dive PAK was blocked by Bugs and Love Dive blocked other PAKs by never giving up the #1 spot on YT Music.

All in all PAKs are pretty silly and highly depend on the circumstances, not as much on how much of a hit the song is. I would say the best indicators of a hit song are: Longevity > UL peaks > Chart peaks >> RAK/PAK.

Longevity is what matters the most and sets apart the true mega hits like Next Level, Butter etc.

• Yes it is the longevity which is needed

YT music and others should have excluded a certain singer promoted by Melon so she would never have received any PAKs

???

Tomboy has tons of PAKs

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!