Hybe is having creative block for their boy groups

• Their concept and story line all look like Bts but in different eras but composed to fit the group. Txt, Enhypen and now &Team, Hybe are too focused on Bts as their guide to create their other boy groups. Bringing up themes like friendship, etc... into the mv. All of them have that mv where the song pause in the middle to show the storyline too like Bts used to do in their mv. I have so much hope in Txt to be really different from Bts, but nah.

While their girl groups are very different from each other in all aspects. MV, concept, and market of their three gg's are very different from each other. Fromis is your girl next door groups, Lsrfm is the strong women,kinda girl crush concept and Nj with their y2k, youth concept.

Why can't they make their bg like this? Don't you think it will ve interesting if their bg would have this variety concept like their gg too?

• I thought both TXT and Enhypen had interesting twists with the monster boys and the vampires. I was honestly disappointed when TXT's concept ended up being magic. The monster boys thing in Nap of a Star was so creative.

I think the biggest issue for me is that for a while there they were making almost all of their MVs and comeback content connected to their concept. I think it's fine to reference your concepts sort of like EXO always including nods to their powers even if the MV is about something totally different or BTS making subtle nods to their storyline with stuff like the pile of candy in Fake Love. You gotta balance it out better imo.

• I thought both TXT and Enhypen had interesting twists with the monster boys and the vampires. I was honestly disappointed when TXT's concept ended up being magic. The monster boys thing in Nap of a Star was so creative.

I think the biggest issue for me is that for a while there they were making almost all of their MVs and comeback content connected to their concept. I think it's fine to reference your concepts sort of like EXO always including nods to their powers even if the MV is about something totally different or BTS making subtle nods to their storyline with stuff like the pile of candy in Fake Love. You gotta balance it out better imo.

Well to be honest i think the contrary about TXT

I'm very disappointed with their visual director because i'm sure there's a lot of little lore in their MV bit considering that their storyline is about to be about magic i would like for HYBE to go more for it

And stop making MV who looks like any other BG MV

And do more things like the MV of blue hour with more magical element, a more fantasy vibe in it

Because tbh when i watch TXT mv they look like any other BG and i find this disappointing considering that a magical storyline there's so much to do with it in Mv

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Actually nope. Their title track MV actually different with The Star Seekers story line with magic stuff which is only happened in Run Away MV.

The rest started CYSM, Blue Hour, 0X1, Loser Lover, GBGB aren't related to TSS. But it's more like the story of the phase of life from Crown=the pain during grow up. Run Away=create a bond and about friendship. CYSM=their friendship started broken. Blue hour=it's prequel before the chaos. 0X1 and LL=fall in love phase. GBGB=broken heart phase.

TSS story line with magical stuff has different MV:NOTS, magic island, eternally, Frost.

• These are TSS MV for fans who got interest with their magical lore and webtoon. They're basically short fantasy movies.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But their title track MVs are so different. They're more realistic, and if you read the lyrics, some of them are so relatable to our daily life. Even tho I side eyeing GBGB jp version :eyes: what kind of heartbreak which lead them into criminal

The monster thing and the magic thing have both been around from the beginning, along with the general story line. The members are basically magical creatures who also use magic (such as Beomgyu, who is... more or less a tree person, which is why you sometimes see him growing vines out of his back/shoulder).

Some of their videos lay it on a bit thick even though they're not technically canon (Run Away, Blue Hour, CYSM etc), while others only throw a subtle nod to it (IKILY KR, IKILY JP, Crown, GBGB JP etc), and some barely feature it or don't feature it at all (GBGB KR, Cat & Dog, Magic etc).

I'd say it's pretty balanced overall. Many MOAs would actually like it to be less balanced. Give us more lore Big Hit, we know you have it :pepe-cut:

• i am not surprised as bg's selling point is "relatable", thats why they do this youth, angst, vulnerability, friendship concept, even outside hybe lots of groups do this, its very universal theme and seems like concept that sells

if not this then what concept would u recommend for hybe?

They can tried a lots of concept just like gg, even y2k concept like newjeans or something similar with Lesserafim did, or even the bright concept just like when txt debut. There's a lot to venture into.

Because it's already packed in the market is the reasons why no bg in 4th gen stand out different with the gg. Most of them bring the same things to the table, so nothing make people impressed.

See how even until last year people thought only girl crush concept works for gg to become really popular in this 4th gen but then Ive and Newjeans happen. The different ones will always stand out, that's why. Hybe is a big company, they can afford to be different and their groups will not flop.

• They can tried a lots of concept just like gg, even y2k concept like newjeans or something similar with Lesserafim did, or even the bright concept just like when txt debut. There's a lot to venture into.

Because it's already packed in the market is the reasons why no bg in 4th gen stand out different with the gg. Most of them bring the same things to the table, so nothing make people impressed.

See how even until last year people thought only girl crush concept works for gg to become really popular in this 4th gen but then Ive and Newjeans happen. The different ones will always stand out, that's why. Hybe is a big company, they can afford to be different and their groups will not flop.

First:lore and concept are different thing. What kind concept do you mean? See, you ignored my post.

If concept=musical wise, MV related. TXT always have different concept on each comeback. From Crown, Run Away, CYSM etc none of them look similar. The musical genre also different. According to their producer, each album related to something which happening at that time. From teenager's worries to covid theme. And that's their CONCEPT.

• first of all fromis_9 was established in their concept before hybe so idk why you're accrediting their difference from newjeans and lsrf to hybe creatives. i think txt over all did go a very different route than bts. you are cherry picking certain aspects like mv plot points, but the concepts themselves and even the music is not 1 to 1 between the groups. now i do think enhypen overlap with txt some, but the truth is, bgs have a very small window of what will get them attention these days. there are no "cute" boy groups and youthful fun concepts often get overlooked. blue hour was one of txt's best songs and no one really cared much outside of the fandom, though they probably did see fandom growth that cb.

&team is new and probably needs time to grow into their own, but i think hybe is probably trying to make them similar enough to enhypen, who are already popular in jpn, so they will also see success there.

• They can tried a lots of concept just like gg, even y2k concept like newjeans or something similar with Lesserafim did, or even the bright concept just like when txt debut. There's a lot to venture into.

Lesserafim concept is women empowerment, there's nothing like men empowerment so it wont work, y2k then its more like 90s western bgs, but people find that corny, tbh people find most concept by bgs corny so thats why we have much less variety for bgs.

• First:lore and concept are different thing. What kind concept do you mean? See, you ignored my post.

If concept=musical wise, MV related. TXT always have different concept on each comeback. From Crown, Run Away, CYSM etc none of them look similar. The musical genre also different. According to their producer, each album related to something which happening at that time. From teenager's worries to covid theme. And that's their CONCEPT.

And what that different with Bts? That's their first mistake, to make their mv revolves around their story line which again, similar to Bts. Their songs is good, but the acquisition behind, the visual and everything just like Bts used to do.

What exactly is your definition of "flop"? TXT and Enhypen are both million sellers. Most groups are lucky to sell 1% of what they do.

And they are trying different concepts. TXT has a ton of musical and conceptual diversity in their discography.

External Content www.youtube.com

• If nobody tried, you should not know what will work and what is not.

first of all fromis_9 was established in their concept before hybe so idk why you're accrediting their difference from newjeans and lsrf to hybe creatives. i think txt over all did go a very different route than bts. you are cherry picking certain aspects like mv plot points, but the concepts themselves and even the music is not 1 to 1 between the groups. now i do think enhypen overlap with txt some, but the truth is, bgs have a very small window of what will get them attention these days. there are no "cute" boy groups and youthful fun concepts often get overlooked. blue hour was one of txt's best songs and no one really cared much outside of the fandom, though they probably did see fandom growth that cb.

&team is new and probably needs time to grow into their own, but i think hybe is probably trying to make them similar enough to enhypen, who are already popular in jpn, so they will also see success there.

And that cherry picking is what they always do. They're all overlapping with each other a lot. As I said, their creative director mostly took from Bts and tried to change it to fits the group.

• And what that different with Bts? That's their first mistake, to make their mv revolves around their story line which again, similar to Bts. Their songs is good, but the acquisition behind, the visual and everything just like Bts used to do.

What's the similarity with BTS? You clearly don't read my post. Their lore is TSS, while their album main theme depends on what's happening, it's not always related to their lore. Please, reread my post, I already explain it extra long. Or my english might isn't good enough? It's not my first language.

• If nobody tried, you should not know what will work and what is not.

And that cherry picking is what they always do. They're all overlapping with each other a lot. As I said, their creative director mostly took from Bts and tried to change it to fits the group.

im not sure if that first sentence is for me or not, but people have tried? there were tons of different "styles" of bg in 2nd and 3rd gen and then most of the concepts converged into what we currently get from pretty much every bg still releasing music. like 99% of bgs are doing the same thing, mostly because it's what apparently sells to kpop stans.

and bts were not the first and only group to have story mvs or to have friendship in their mvs.... i mean, yes, it it obvious that hybe would do anything to recreate the moment that really blew bts, the i need u, the spring day. but again, i don't see much of bts when i look at txt or enhypen. the concepts are simply not the same. maybe some of the ideas are because nothing is original anymore. but similarity has never been a death sentence.

• im not sure if that first sentence is for me or not, but people have tried? there were tons of different "styles" of bg in 2nd and 3rd gen and then most of the concepts converged into what we currently get from pretty much every bg still releasing music. like 99% of bgs are doing the same thing, mostly because it's what apparently sells to kpop stans.

and bts were not the first and only group to have story mvs or to have friendship in their mvs.... i mean, yes, it it obvious that hybe would do anything to recreate the moment that really blew bts, the i need u, the spring day. but again, i don't see much of bts when i look at txt or enhypen. the concepts are simply not the same. maybe some of the ideas are because nothing is original anymore. but similarity has never been a death sentence.

Exo with their lore and super power stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!