Let’s compare 2016 and 2022 (the four year mark)

• Which generation do you think accomplished more in 4 years?

Which generation had the better music?

What are your favorite songs from the first four years of 3rd and 4th gen?

Which gen had the better GGs?

Which gen had he better BGs?

Compare the top hits from 2016 and 2022 which one do you like more?

• Which generation do you think accomplished more in 4 years? I think it's similar with now, because this was before the kpop boom. Charting for bgs is much worse, but other achievements are similar or better except for bts.

Which generation had the better music? For bgs it's 3rd gen, because bts. But 3rd gen bgs also have the worst imo. For ggs it's 4th gen.

What are your favorite songs from the first four years of 3rd and 4th gen? bst, dope, fake love, love maze, bad boy, dduddu, TT, heart shaker, growl, blue hour, fever, after like

Which gen had the better GGs? 3rd gen has twice and rv, bp and gfriend who I casually listen to. Even tho twice is my fave, 4th gen has more groups I (casually) listen to: ive, nwjns, lsf, aespa, stayc and itzy with still some groups debuting that I might give a listen: yg ngg and belift. 4th gen will probably win for me.

Which gen had he better BGs? From 3rd gen I like bts and casually listen to exo, svt (even if it only has been for the past year) and monsta x (I used to). Now enhypen, txt and skz and the boyz. 3rd gen win, but txt is among my favorite discographies, maybe enhypen if they release songs like before.

Compare the top hits from 2016 and 2022 which one do you like more? I like them about the same

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 3 times, last by lialve ().

• 2016 Blood Sweat and Tears

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Iconic MAMA Boy met evil and BST

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not sure if I answer the question but I’m satisfied :p

• isn't it more the 5 year mark?

2022 is almost over

EDIT - OH MY BAD

I assumed you had (G)I-dle as 4th Gen like so many others (so from 2018 onwards)

but I just saw your comment saying 2019

so Exo isn't 3rd Gen to you either? (2012)

• It's hard to say which generation accomplished more and Kpop is more popular now so it's a big advantage for the 4th generation.

For the rest, I am more of a 3rd generation fan so for me the 3rd generation had the better music, the better GGs (for sure) and the better BGs but not by far for this one.

My favorite songs for the 3rd generation :

I need U, N.O, No more dream, Fire, BTS

Rough, Me gustas tu, Gfriend

Closer, Oh My Girl

Happinness, Ice cream cake, Dumb Dumb, One Of these nights, Red Velvet

TT, Cheer Up Twice

Cushion, Sonamoo

Decalcomanie, Piano Man, Mr Ambiguous, Mamamoo

Destiny, Lovelyz

Secret, WJSN

Whatta man, Very Very, IOI

My favorite songs for the 4th generation :

Hwaa, Lion, Latata, Hann, (G)-Idle

Wannabe, Itzy

Q&A, Cherry Bullet

Ponzona, Zombie, Purple Kiss

Black Mamba, aespa

Love Bomb, Fromis_9

La vie en rose, Izone

For the hits, Rough and TT were big in 2016 so I choose 2016. My favorite hit from this year is Nxde.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• It’s a tricky case and I consider those transition years. I don’t consider all groups from those years part of a generation. EXO started their generation so I consider them part of 3rd gen. But I don’t consider some others 3rd.

For me Gidle is not 4th but you can add them if you want. Because I don’t think they started the generation or were revolutionary enough and so they’re part of the successful 3rd gen (or 3.5) list for me but this is a personal thing. And you can if you want.

• which relevant groups debuted in 2019 besides itzy?

in 2016 bp and nct debuted and twice debuted just 1 year before.

it will make a lot more sense to make this comparison from 2020 to 2026.

mid-gens are always the awkward phase where nothing really big happens for most of the groups that debut during this time

Oooo you’re so right 😭😭😭😭😭 4th gen IMO really did start only in 2020. But I removed one more year I know kpopies will lose it so I didn’t Kek.

• It’s a tricky case and I consider those transition years. I don’t consider all groups from those years part of a generation. EXO started their generation so I consider them part of 3rd gen. But I don’t consider some others 3rd.

For me Gidle is not 4th but you can add them if you want. Because I don’t think they started the generation or were revolutionary enough and so they’re part of the successful 3rd gen (or 3.5) list for me but this is a personal thing. And you can if you want.

no I agree that (G)I-dle should be thought of as a late 3rd generation group, and Ultimately maybe even Itzy too (although I am not 100% on that yet)

I assumed in your OP you meant the most popular interpretation out there for when the Gens started (2012/2018) until I saw your later comment after I posted

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!