Not gonna lie, I miss when BEP would work with Twice

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The things I would do for another Fancy :drinktears:

• Well Black Eyed Pilseung ain't like Teddy who's producing few songs per year.

They are working all the time, pretty sure they have something great on hard drive. Park Jinyoung PD just should make a call.

• My theory for why Twice haven't been hitting it hard is because we didn't have BEP...

Fans have gotten accustomed BEP and a particular style for years and all the sudden, we get a different producer...

I see your point, but I don't entirely agree with this. BEP was one of Twice's main producers, yes, but so are JYP and collapsedone, who both still work with Twice. I personally think Twice aren't hitting as hard as they used to is because of weaker title tracks( More & More and Scientist) and overusing the retro genre( ICTM, The Feels, and Talk That Talk)

I think Twice's Japanese title tracks have been better then their Korean ones since 2020 because they've been avoiding these problems. All the songs are strong and they use a wider variety of genres.

• It's crazy to think they launched Twice in South Korea (Cheer Up), Japan (TT) and the west (Fancy).

They are responsible for their most iconic songs in each of their main markets.

• I see your point, but I don't entirely agree with this. BEP was one of Twice's main producers, yes, but so are JYP and collapsedone, who both still work with Twice. I personally think Twice aren't hitting as hard as they used to is because of weaker title tracks( More & More and Scientist) and overusing the retro genre( ICTM, The Feels, and Talk That Talk)

I think Twice's Japanese title tracks have been better then their Korean ones since 2020 because they've been avoiding these problems. All the songs are strong and they use a wider variety of genres.

Okay, I agree, maybe not all BEP but he definitely played the major role in the equation. Collapsedone is definitely a major player as well.

Yes, weaker title tracks but look at who is making those weaker tracks, not BEP and not Collapsedone.

Majority of Twice's best performing songs and most iconic songs are all created by BEP.
    JYP is very hit or miss for me. I think the guy is a genius but sometimes his ego gets to him.

Collapsesdone is a great producer, the only unfortunately thing is his absence for too long. Without BEP, he was needed between 2019 to 2022.

Talk That Talk is such a great song for me personally (though I know some users have very strong opinion on this statement), it's the closest Twice sounding song in years. I know it didn't perform well on charts but a lot of people like it, I know people like to attribute to the song but I think the lack of charting has more to do with the loss of momemtum in the past 3 years with back to back releases that is not created by either BEP or Collapsedone. 2-3 years is a lot of time and can do a lot of damage to how the general public feel about a group.

While everyone credits a group's success to the idols themselves, realistically, the groups sound and image is determined by everyone else but the idols. Twice just isn't Twice without their producers

I can't imagine Blackpink without Teddy, I can't imagine Dreamcatcher without Leez and Ollounder. etc. BEP was 60% of Twice and losing BEP meant we lost 60% of what made Twice Twice.

• Such a great producer duo. STAYC's lucky to have them as their producers and CEOs.

"Fancy" is still my favorite Twice song for this very reason.

alexS would agree.

sorry to disappoint, but I don't really like Fancy that much. More of a Likey and Cheer up lover myself.

It would be nice for BEP to work with Twice again if there is a song that is right for them.

But they are also busy with StayC, and I want StayC to grow even bigger, get a full album and a world tour.

Twice has plenty other good producers so I'm not worried about them.

• Talk That Talk is such a great song for me personally (though I know some users have very strong opinion on this statement), it's the closest Twice sounding song in years. I know it didn't perform well on charts but a lot of people like it, I know people like to attribute to the song but I think the lack of charting has more to do with the loss of momemtum in the past 3 years with back to back releases that is not created by either BEP or Collapsedone. 2-3 years is a lot of time and can do a lot of damage to how the general public feel about a group.

I definitely like Talk That Talk as a song, I'm just a little tired of it's genre. All of Twice's better title tracks since 2020 have been retro except for Alcohol-Free, so I'm just getting kind of bored of the genre. Also, I think collapsedone's absence in Twice's Korean title tracks from 2020-2021 was a blunder by JYPE. Because collapsedone was definitely available during that time as they produced Scorpion, Up No More, Perfect World, and The Feels. JYPE was just trying to push Twice into the western market by giving them more western sounding songs. Which is ironic because Fancy, The Feels and ICSM are Twice's most popular songs internationally and they sound super kpoppy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!