Is it time to abolish anons? (and also bring back dumpster fire)

• Abolish anons yes? 69

The result is only visible to the participants.

So for those who were slightly around in the past couple of days, there's a bit of a hoohaa, and honestly to put it all in 1 word, it is basically because of ANONs

For those who don't know (and for those who know you can correct me if I'm wrong), just a tldr of things that happen past couple of days

• People getting dragged for liking posts in anons
    • People getting banned over personal attacks, which started from a thread in anons
    • Racism, in anons

Because who literally have no clue and I mean even the mods don't know who post in anons, problematic people are getting hella brave posting in the anons. Because you get zero consequences posting in anons, people aren't afraid to speak their mind.

Most of them are just cowards hiding in the anons and don't dare to post shit on their main account (which btw is already anonymous because I don't know who you are irl, neither do you know who I am irl). And also a lot of times in anons fandoms get dragged, you also have people "cosplaying" as fandoms to set up their own faves/drag other artists or fandoms, and this makes things even worse in the main forum because those comments in anons paint a bad light onto fandoms.

Fandoms are getting dragged over anonymous comments that has no linkage to any specific fandoms, but both fandoms are the ones that are suffering/targeted and this just spreads toxicity even further

Fanwars are 1 thing, the racism in anons is worse. Basically there has been certain racism against SEA fans (don't want to go into detail) and those comments were approved by mods and posted. Now I don't want to drag this further I just want to mention it that's all. Mods involved have already apologised and as a community we should also understand that it is hard for them to scrutinize every single comment so that's sealed and done. What I'm talking about is going forward.

It is hard for mods to really sit through 100++ of posts and occasionally a few problematic comments might go pass them and bam, shit happens again. It isn't just racism, other potential problematic comments (homophobic/other racist comments/misogynistic/whateverphobic) in future might get through and it would probably be too late.

And you know why? Why those comments even exist in the first place? ANONs. Those bitches wouldn't dare (unless it's an alt) post it on their main but because it's anons, they are HELLA BRAVE.

I propose we abolish anons

• Probably less problematic comments because in the main, at least there is a semblance of responsibility when you post some shit unlike anons which is totally anonymous
    • Less work for the mods. I mean poor mods why do y'all have to go through all those comments. Mods time could be put to better use moderating the main forum, or playing forum events or whatever

Also, bring back dumpster fire

• A lot of times you have people quarreling over decade old beef, and you know what I see most often? "Bring the receipts", "post evidence", and then the beef never gets resolved because guess what, the thread is deleted and no one knows the actual story or whatever the fk is going on
    • Dumpster fire was a place where problematic threads are thrown there and people cannot edit comments anymore. At least you can resolve your shit there because well .... everything there cannot be deleted
    • It is only fair that the threads are kept open so that there is context to what the actual fk is going on
    • Deleting threads is like destroying evidence. It's like you slapped me and I have it recorded on CCTV, but that CCTV is destroyed and now I have a red mark on my face
    • It is only fair that things kept open so they can be resolved, rather than closed and grudges be held for life

ok back to streaming Day6 bye

:peperun::peperun:

• I assume you realise it's wishful thinking that AKP will care about any of this. The main site itself has a history of being problematic.

Anons brings traffic and that's all that will matter in the end. The fact that they rejigged the site to make anons more prominent and allow responses to anons in the main forum is proof of that. They purposefully enable these people.

They want you guys to react like you do to bait topics and then respond in the mains/have that crap spill everywhere, and a lot of people on this site happily oblige or use it as an excuse to push whatever agenda they have.

• Ripia already said anons brought TONS of traffic to the site when it was dying.. He literally have to spam countless BP thread to revive the forum before their CB to make the forum seems like a market and anons did that job so I doubt it would be remove lol..

• I didn't even read your whole post because you know I already agree.

But nothing will happen even if they claim they want to make this place better.

• So can people who get upset by anons just not go in there?

It's like going to a gig for music you know you won't like, why even bother going?

It's not that you "avoid going to anons" is going to solve it.

It's like for example, if there is a notice board full of hate comments of say example, my race. Yes I can avoid going there

But that doesn't change the fact that the notice board exists. Sure I will not know of it's existence I guess because I don't go and look at it, but it exists. And this isn't right

It's like going to a gig for music you know you won't like, why even bother going?

I think the problem is people bringing anons thread to main site like RE: ANONS blablabla and make it so messy.. . Anons shit should just stay in anons but..

• It's not that you "avoid going to anons" is going to solve it.

It's like for example, if there is a notice board full of hate comments of say example, my race. Yes I can avoid going there

But that doesn't change the fact that the notice board exists. Sure I will not know of it's existence I guess because I don't go and look at it, but it exists. And this isn't right

Well it sounds more like tighter moderation is needed.

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• just make a subforum for the two special fandom to fight it out with each other

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm still of the position I've always been.

Get rid of anons.

Get rid of dumpster fire.

Get rid of most of the "everything needs to be heavily curated so I only see the specific things I want to see and agree with but everything I don't like or disagree with needs to be removed/moved by mods" status quo.

Return to a "live and let live" attitude.

Most everything except explicit rule breaking is allowed.

Erre on the side of "less moderation is more" philosophy.

Require that people learn life skills in navigating speech, conversation, and ideas they may not agree with. Our generation will be better for it.

Edited 2 times, last by emanresu ().

• I think the problem is people bringing anons thread to main site like RE: ANONS blablabla and make it so messy.. . Anons shit should just stay in anons but..

It made more sense when it had a seperate section. It was used more for akorn farming and barely people used that section. But having RE: anon threads on the main section just fuels the drama.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Yes to that. But also, mods have to look through 100+ comments and mods are humans as well, there are bound to have times they missed out some.

Abolishing the entire section just makes things easier.

So I see your point and i'm not being an ass for being an asses sake, but they should get a couple more mods to help for that.

And as Ripia said and has been quoted here, it does bring more traffic and no matter how you look at it, if this site is/was struggling we NEED that traffic to stay afloat, I really don't like reddit and that is really restrictive with the crap mods there and twitter is a cesspit

• That is just 4chan m8

makes it hard when it seems like everyone else in the forum brings anon toxic cesspool shit to main or either "internalises" what they see there (drags against their group or general toxicity) and it builds up with how they get along with other users here, especially since we don't know whos posting on anon except that they are definitely a user here. not to mention anon being in the same section as k-lounge and notifications from it show up on the main page make it hard to avoid :pepe-magnify:

It made more sense when it had a seperate section. It was used more for akorn farming and barely people used that section. But having RE: anon threads on the main section just fuels the drama.

exactly, without the RE:section people are free to make their threads in k-lounge and just further mixes up anon and main when some of us dont want that here. :pepe-cross:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• It was a section where threads get thrown there because things got out of hand. It will be removed from the main section but it won't be deleted. You cannot edit any comments once the thread is there.

So it's like a museum :pepe-just-smile:

• The problem is more about moderation of anons. These comments can be not posted by mods but are.

Anons won't be deleted because it brings traffic. Just look at the traffic it created in the main as a result.

Anyways this has escalated due to bp comeback and we all know many people dislike them and are being nasty. Things will go back to normal next month most probably.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• i think if mods don't want to abolish anons

at least the re: anon posts should not be made in k-lounge and should be in a different section which we can block like anons

edit- i also used to make re: anon posts a few months back but they just used to make other armys who dont want to be exposed to the negativity be exposed to it so i stopped ...

Edited once, last by tetetete ().

• Also i don't see what the purpose of bringing back dumpster fire will be? If threads get out of hand it'll be locked or deleted still. The only good thing about dumpster fire is that you can avoid going there if u don't want. But that's true about any section.

But i agree answering anons should have a separate section. Personally i don't think it has created any problem but it better to contain it in one place.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Another thing, Anons has to be a pain in the ass for mods, they have to approve every post, it has to be annoying for them, I guess the process (it takes time for approvals) does discourage some people for posing a lot, so I guess the idea is that with the Anons process the number of shit posts is reduced.

• This thread contains 73 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!