People on AKP are not able to withstand opinions

• I know this is a rather popular opinion but this is so true.

In my time, I probably have the most experience with this type of people. It's like they have "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" mentality, and it's a really pathetic one, imo. Of course, Not everyone will have nice thing to say. As long as they are not downright hateful/shady or disrespectful, Learn to accept.

There should be a change. Learn to agree to disagree. It's so easy.

Let the new year be full of harmony and prosperity. We move towards a new year which I hope will be a relatively calmer year than 2021 was on this forum.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• While this is true, there's a double edge to this.

People are entitled to their opinion but others are entitled to criticize said opinion. I feel like a lot of people here can't stand that either but will fend for their 'freedom of speech'.

At the end of it all, we are all hypocrits.

• most people's opinions on akp are terrible so I think not listening to people who lack critical thinking skills is okay. Some people don't deserve freedom of speech.

Elle for president? :melon_think::moneyk:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Isn't that a good mentality?

What would i get by antagonizing fandoms lol

Not a good mentality at all. Like, Let's just say I don't like a song, I don't want fandom whose group's song i just gave a low rating to attack me...

Even a hate-free opinion gets trashed here, and trust me, I have had this experience more than any other person on AKP.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• ¬‿¬ you of all people ¬‿¬

I think it's one of the worst mentalities tbh. If people no longer voice negative opinions it creates an echo chamber in which only one opinion is allowed and which has nothing to do with reality.

Because reality is that different people have different opinions and perspectives and its important to not simply disregard them just because we don't like them or disagree with them. We need to keep challenging our views.

Keep in mind though that I'm not talking about hate here. It's just that on Akp some people will gang up on you the moment you mention disliking a song more than once.

Not really. People can express their opinions on songs/groups even if they're negative, as long as they're not insulting/hating on the idols. After all this is the idols' job and music is the product they sell us.

I've also seen this happen a lot within the fandoms, when fans would criticise their faves song and then others would get annoyed and they'll be like "stop spreading negativity, let us enjoy the song", "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it"...

So it has nothing to do with antagonizing fandoms. I really don't get how people from other fandoms disliking or criticising my faves would affect me personally.

Honestly sometimes I even agree with the criticism my faves recieve or understand why they don't like their songs.

• I agree to an extent but I also disagree. I don't think people should be saying vile things for people to reply with "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" in the first place. Opinions are perfectly okay, hate disguised as an "opinion" is not.

I wasn't talking about this type of statements. I was talking about HATE-FREE opinions get bashed.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I actually like '' If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" approach for most of the time. Especially for appreciation threads... It's true not everyone has to like sth but you dont have to say it everywhere. What is the purpose of killing joy :eyes: but if it is a review or a discussion well I hope people can say their opinions without being disrespectful

And somehow some people are only vocal about their dislike to certain artists :eyes: they only get interested when they have sth to criticise or there is sth controversial.

People are so biased Daniel. I dont expect to find an honest and objective opinion most of the time. So sometimes it is better when everyone minds their business

• I actually like '' If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" approach for most of the time. Especially for appreciation threads... It's true not everyone has to like sth but you dont have to say it everywhere. What is the purpose of killing joy :eyes: but if it is a review or a discussion well I hope people can say their opinions without being disrespectful

And somehow some people are only vocal about their dislike to certain artists :eyes: they only get interested when they have sth to criticise or there is sth controversial.

People are so biased Daniel. I dont expect to find an honest and objective opinion most of the time. So sometimes it is better when everyone minds their business

Good insight.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Yup, or they'll get accused of being fake fans or stans will want to gatekeep them out of their own fandom. I've seen several people get bullied for not towing the party line. Smh

• I agree to an extent but I also disagree. I don't think people should be saying vile things for people to reply with "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" in the first place. Opinions are perfectly okay, hate disguised as an "opinion" is not.

agreed.

people will log in deadass and be like "x is ugly he should plastic surgery" and it will be hailed as an opinion. like no that's just a hateful opinion....not even an opinion anymore just hate...

Yes, i think guilds and appreciation threads should stay positive safe places. But I think discussion threads should be places where people can give an honest opinion (as long as it's not hateful or indecent). You're right that some people only choose to get involved when they think it's an opportunity to shade and bash, but I don't think giving up all frank discussion is worth it just to not deal with a few aholes.

• If I don’t like something about my fav I will tell I don’t care. People are free to share their opinions fair enough.

But some users here are just hateful and pass their negativity as an opinion, and have to repeat the same shit over and over.

There are some artists I don’t like but I will give them credits when it’s due. I’m not making 62792 threads about them.

I know AKP has a negative view toward Reddit but people express their opinions freely I’m not always agree with them especially when it comes to my favs however their opinions are well constructed and explained I’m like okay I don’t agree but I can understand your point but here it doesn’t exist, some users just say anything and when you call them out they act we started the mess.

• It's like they have "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" mentality, and it's a really pathetic one, imo. Of course, Not everyone will have nice thing to say. As long as they are not downright hateful/shady or disrespectful, Learn to accept.

One thing I want to add on: learn at accept or don't be around them.

Don't go out of your way to interact with them.

I could definitely stand to do this on allkpop; on twitter I'm getting better at this.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I actually like '' If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" approach for most of the time. Especially for appreciation threads... It's true not everyone has to like sth but you dont have to say it everywhere. What is the purpose of killing joy :eyes:

I get this, my appreciation threads rub people the wrong way. if you don't like what I'm saying, just go away and stop replying. Such a mood killer.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I do enjoy reddit sometimes and yeah, I think there can be some good discussions there because negative opinions seem to be more accepted there. Having said that, I have heard that people do get targeted still including getting reported to Reddit Cares. Like.... People need to calm down everywhere. It's kpop. It's not that deep.

• learning to agree to disagree is a maturity level that not everyone can reach

with that being said, opinions do fall under hate speech.

i.e. not all opinions are hate speech but all hate speech are opinions

so you have that to deal with

• most people's opinions on akp are terrible so I think not listening to people who lack critical thinking skills is okay. Some people don't deserve freedom of speech.

Everybody is entitled to free speech - nobody is entitled to be taken seriously. :-)

• Yes, i think guilds and appreciation threads should stay positive safe places. But I think discussion threads should be places where people can give an honest opinion (as long as it's not hateful or indecent). You're right that some people only choose to get involved when they think it's an opportunity to shade and bash, but I don't think giving up all frank discussion is worth it just to not deal with a few aholes.

As expected from the best discussion thread maker of AKP

2x

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!