NCT 127's comeback is going to flop badly and I blame SM.

• I could write a big ass text complaining about everything that I think is wrong with the way NCT 127 is being managed and the way this album is being promoted but I'm tired of being the only one who seems to care so I'll just say #FuckSM

• Promotions don't really effect preorders that much, the fanbase puts in their orders basically as soon as the announcement is made and 127 will have the usual million plus of those. These Big Three boygroups aren't really capable of flopping truly badly just by the promotions being lackluster.

• Promotions don't really effect preorders that much, the fanbase puts in their orders basically as soon as the announcement is made and 127 will have the usual million plus of those. These Big Three boygroups aren't really capable of flopping truly badly just by the promotions being lackluster.

False, specially for NCT.

I'm not saying they'll flop flop obviously, but they'll flop for their standards lately.

• I know there are rumblings of a boycott because of the tour fiasco but what else makes you think they'll flop?

Zero hype. I see one talking about it or worried about the fact their sales on kt4u are terrible. And honestly, seeing how the promotion is doing a tiktok challenge of a b-side with no dancing and using remixes of their old songs I can't blame them...

• Zero hype. I see one talking about it or worried about the fact their sales on kt4u are terrible. And honestly, seeing how the promotion is doing a tiktok challenge of a b-side with no dancing and using remixes of their old songs I can't blame them...

Yes. I saw that their 24h ktown4u preorder numbers were less than half of sticker era. The weird confusing roll out (those YouTube reels) have very little views and engagement because it's poorly thought out and managed. They'd be better off just releasing pictures on a schedule than whatever this is supposed to be. Even for people who were super excited for this comeback - SM is killing the hype very quickly.

So yes - all a little concerning. Only saving grace is that the members say the song is great.

• Never said "in the grand scheme of things", I'm comparing them to themselves.

They stopped talking about Punch very quickly, and Superhuman era really stalled their growth. Their debut wasn't as well received as other SM groups. Even comparing 127 to itself (which you didn't specify in your thread opening ar all), flopping badly would require some actively bad things to happen.

• They stopped talking about Punch very quickly, and Superhuman era really stalled their growth. Their debut wasn't as well received as other SM groups. Even comparing 127 to itself (which you didn't specify in your thread opening ar all), flopping badly would require some actively bad things to happen.

I'm comparing to their last comeback X/ of course I'm not going to compare to their releases from +2 years ago. The comparison is with their last full album, which is Sticker.

• I don't know if this is intentional on SM's part or if they are just not good at their job and getting worse. It's strange to see them squandering their hype and success so badly.... but hey let's keep our fingers crossed that the song is really good. It'd be shame for what may be 127's last comeback as 9 to be just so so. The poor excuse for an "International" tour is bad enough.

• I'm comparing to their last comeback X/ of course I'm not going to compare to their releases from +2 years ago. The comparison is with their last full album, which is Sticker.

So flopping badly is now anything that isn't a triple million seller, has less then ten music show wins ectera?

• So flopping badly is now anything that isn't a triple million seller, has ten music wins ectera?

You are being a little pedantic with OP here. By flopping presumably - any group doing less than their last comeback is not a good look - it implies attrition which no one likes. Music show wins don't matter anyway since that can be affected by who else is coming back at the same time. But selling significantly less albums than prior is not good...

• You are being a little pedantic with OP here. By flopping presumably - any group doing less than their last comeback is not a good look - it implies attrition which no one likes. Music show wins don't matter anyway since that can be affected by who else is coming back at the same time. But selling significantly less albums than prior is not good...

If he just said flopping maybe, that is not the case. Flopping badly shouldn't really refer to something that has barely any impact on the group's ability to continue to put out music.

• That says a lot about the promo lol

i saw some thing going around about NCT 127 but i thought it was once again another content they were doing on youtube because i saw nobody post any thread about their teasers pics unless they didn't start to post the teaser picture yet and it might explain why people didn't start to preorder much yet and why there's not so much hype

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• So flopping badly is now anything that isn't a triple million seller, has ten music wins ectera?

Sticker sold 2.5M, music show wins depend on timing so they aren't an indicative of flopping or not, and SM chose to comeback at the same time as BP after 2 years so I've assumed they aren't getting wins, but anyways atp I'm doubting they are reaching the 2M figure, and a decrease of +500k albums from a full album to another one is indeed pretty bad.

• i saw some thing going around about NCT 127 but i thought it was once again another content they were doing on youtube because i saw nobody post any thread about their teasers pics unless they didn't start to post the teaser picture yet and it might explain why people didn't start to preorder much yet and why there's not so much hype

Releasing teaser images is such a simple thing to start to hype a comeback and get talked about everywhere, I genuinely can't think what's the point of what they are doing, if you only use Twitter you probably haven't seen anything about the promo, and it's not like on TikTok is being very hyped up either.

• i saw some thing going around about NCT 127 but i thought it was once again another content they were doing on youtube because i saw nobody post any thread about their teasers pics unless they didn't start to post the teaser picture yet and it might explain why people didn't start to preorder much yet and why there's not so much hype

Quarkie and I have been posting threads every day for 5 days with teaser pix, sometimes 2 threads a day...plus updating the comeback thread.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47izx7zndmeousxa4opc0e97w9ay9dmnlgrvz4ttfj&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

You do know updates/releases/teasers are now in the K-News section rather than the lounge?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Yes. I saw that their 24h ktown4u preorder numbers were less than half of sticker era. The weird confusing roll out (those YouTube reels) have very little views and engagement because it's poorly thought out and managed. They'd be better off just releasing pictures on a schedule than whatever this is supposed to be. Even for people who were super excited for this comeback - SM is killing the hype very quickly.

So yes - all a little concerning. Only saving grace is that the members say the song is great.

But people have been talking about not purchasing from ktown4u due to shipping issues. Plus, having tracked the Glitch Mode and Beatbox sales, Czennies really wait to the last minute to purchase. I think as we get more music, we'll see more movement.

I agree the YT reels are poorly thought out. I think the concept is a fun idea but some of the execution is weird, particularly in the awkward challenges they chose.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• discord too, and I appreciate the updates :oops:

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But people have been talking about not purchasing from ktown4u due to shipping issues. Plus, having tracked the Glitch Mode and Beatbox sales, Czennies really wait to the last minute to purchase. I think as we get more music, we'll see more movement.

I agree the YT reels are poorly thought out. I think the concept is a fun idea but some of the execution is weird, particularly in the awkward challenges they chose.

I always thought the vast majority of sales from ktown4u was from Chinese and SEA fans, I have seen korean nctzens saying they aren't purchasing from there which I guess justifies a part from it but the gap is so huge compared to their other albums it's worrying.

• Back in 2020/early 2021 I couldn't praise SM PR enough for the way they were handling NCT content: the NCT2020 promo roll out, the YT content that followed (the vlog relay series for all members), followed by the JPN EP and the great ideas they had for Sticker with the NCIT concept. It seemed like SM was doing its job right after fucking up immensely with RV and EXO. But right now it's kinda shitty. I would have given the benefit of the doubt that the current unconventional promo could be part of the "baddies" concept, but considering how they are currently handling the management of their tour, it's clear it's just plain incompetence.

Idk about sales or pre-orders number as I don't follow those closely, but I think some fans are just waiting for more details in the album to come out to buy them. At least that's what I'm doing too. So I wouldn't read too much into the current numbers.

But anyways, ofc what matters to me is the music and I'm just as hyped for the new cb as I was for the previous ones, and honestly this baddies concept sounds really exciting, but as fan it's kinda frustrating to see how they are handling their promo. We still have some time until the comeback so I hope they will have some fine ideas for the upcoming promotional content to generate more "hype". But so far I don't understand why they're not updating twt properly for example

And @ OP you're not the only one expressing their upset over the current management, I think yesterday or 2 days ago quarkie made a thread about it too. I think the major issue here is how they are handling the tour and the date announcements. Like, are they serious?

• They are having the same rollout as NCT Dream did with Beatbox: a bunch of random teasers and challenges to force them to go viral which, in my opinion, is a waste of time, though I do get the fact that they are trying different approaches to put them out there. But releasing them at random times is definitely killing the hype. Also Youtube Shorts isn't as big as other social media platforms.

The low sales on Ktown4u might be because solo fanbases and C-bars are waiting for the individual member digipacks and American fans are buying from other stores.

• I don't think we need to worry about the preorder sales on kt4u because I've saw a lot of tweet asking Czennies not to buy from that website because it won't count for Billboard. Cmiiw

About the short, I just hope that they can use tiktok rather than yt to promote because even tho I'm not a fan of it, it actually works because non fans actually know and curious about Dream because of their tiktok promotion.

• Say what, NCT 127 comeback? I haven't seen a single comeback promo/teaser. :woow:

Here:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com

Oh, so it's NCT 127's song snippet I saw on Twitter; with this thumbnail. :pepe-hehe:

• Releasing teaser images is such a simple thing to start to hype a comeback and get talked about everywhere, I genuinely can't think what's the point of what they are doing, if you only use Twitter you probably haven't seen anything about the promo, and it's not like on TikTok is being very hyped up either.

I'm sure that i saw some teaser pics somewhere where i don't remember, i think on reddit so they released some teaser pics

• there's no hype for this comeback

This is just a flat out lie. Fans on twitter are hyped as fuck. Most of the NCTzens on this forum are gone, but myself, the101 , @laleria , or butterbutterfly have been making threads about their comeback and activities every single day. People are hyped and motivated. American NCTzens are hosting spaces on Twitter to learn how to stream for Billboard. If you actually look within the fandom - AKA THE ONLY PLACE THAT MATTERS - the hype is crazy. People are ready for this album to drop now.

• ktown4u preorders are low

Korean fans have repeatedly said that a lot of them have stopped using it because they've had issues with shipping in the past. The album has been trending high on multiple other shops, but ktown is the only one who actually tracks preorder numbers. The preorder hashtag for K-NCTzens trended #2 in Korea at one point. International fans have also been posting their preorders on twitter. Chinabars are just starting to roll out their preorder perks. Doyoung's Chinabar for instance just opened their preorders. US NCTzens are focusing on buying albums that will count for Billboard. Remember that right now there are only two ways to buy it... random photobook and the US Target version. We still haven't even gotten to digipaks. Hand wringing about preorders based on ONE SITE is ridiculous.

----

Literally the only actual complaint that can be had about the comeback right now is the rollout of the YouTube shorts, but that's a contract thing. We've seen it for Butter. We've seen it for Pink Venom. Yeah... YouTube Shorts suck and no one actually cares about them, but OH WELL. We still have a whole more week before the actual teaser period starts. This is just fun random shit to have in the mean time.

• you can say that literally about every nct 127 song.

Long story short, i don't think the Sticker itself is the reason, i just not a fan of SM promo this time.

However, i lile the idea and aesthetics of thsi Neo Seoul club

? Kick it was one of the biggest hits of that year in Korea, literally beloved by most of the gp and famous internationally outside the fandom

as the title for the follow up album Sticker was (not just generally, especially in comparison) a disappointment to those interested in them

Similarly to how superhuman's lack of success threw them back/slowed down their growth

• ? Kick it was one of the biggest hits of that year in Korea, literally beloved by most of the gp and famous internationally outside the fandom

as the title for the follow up album Sticker was (not just generally, especially in comparison) a disappointment to those interested in them

Similarly to how superhuman's lack of success threw them back/slowed down their growth

Now how did Superhuman slow them down when Kick It was their next comeback?

• Sticker failed at bringing in more fans and that's a fact when you look across their charting everywhere. NCT is all about taking risks, and NCT 127 blew up after two underwhelming comebacks (Regular and Superhuman), we'll have to wait and see how things will play out for them in this upcoming comeback. The guys are excited, so there's that.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!