NWJNs stans are delulu, this is not how 14 yos dress

• Note: I am a 14 year old myself

When people voiced concerns about how they dressed here, they all rallied and tried to say that it was just the way people saw it and that they were the dirty ones. If HYBE genuinely cared about their safety and shit, they would not have made her dress this way. People use "This is how teenagers dress" as an excuse when they literally do not dress like this. Where do you guys live?

Have you never seen actual teenagers? Instead of defending HYBE for everything, go outside for once.

It also reminds me of how JYP dressed Yuna during the ICY era, when she was still a minor and was dressed in a weird top with mesh.

• I like how some of the knetz comments were like "it's the trend!" but then some knetz are also mad because Jennie (a 26 year old woman) is "too revealing" in the Pink Venom teasers.

make it make sense :pepe-hips:

• Note: I am a 14 year old myself

When people voiced concerns about how they dressed here, they all rallied and tried to say that it was just the way people saw it and that they were the dirty ones. If HYBE genuinely cared about their safety and shit, they would not have made her dress this way. People use "This is how teenagers dress" as an excuse when they literally do not dress like this. Where do you guys live?

Have you never seen actual teenagers? Instead of defending HYBE for everything, go outside for once.

It also reminds me of how JYP dressed Yuna during the ICY era, when she was still a minor and was dressed in a weird top with mesh.

i didn't even notice :pepe-shame: wth

and you can tell by how it's cut at the top that the original garmet was supposed to cover that whole area; they cut it out on purpose. JAIL :pepe-laser-eyes:

out of service

• not a 14 yr old, but a 15 yr old and i see so many girls my age dress like that? have u been outside?

and i myself wear outfits similar to this:

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/237116/

I've attended three different schools and have went to visit several high schools. People my age rarely wear sports bras in public, their parents usually stop them at the door. I wouldn't call it age appropriate

Also whoa, 15, big difference

• I mean yeah of course fourteen year olds and other teenagers not actually wear this, since they mostly wear a t-shirt and baggy jeans that's it

//from what I am from of course

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• I agree, honestly adults be thinking we all dress up half naked constantly and doing crazy stuff like euphoria….

some teens where i live use crop tops that show their belly button, das it. and those are the rebellious ones. take into account the area i live in is surrounded by rich kids and you'd think they'd dress differently but nope. still teens just dressing casual :wellr:

out of service

• I think people need to realize the difference in cultures, korean standards and western standards are completely different. Your local mall in New york is definitely not the same as Seoul this is a country that bans the use of words on music shows that even imply something sexual, you cant measure up the standards on your country vs Korea, please talk about korea if its normal there or not I have no idea personally but I would assume not much.

Sk is way more conservative than u think

TestyHardtofindHydra-size_restricted.gif

• maybe bc im from cali and its like always 90 deprees plus here but i see girls wearing sport bras all the time. while they dont allow it during school hours, during after school sports, a lot of girls (especially cross country girls) just wear sports bras and everyone's completely fine with it.

that being said, i still dont think a company should be making a minor wear that but i dont think its inappropriate generally and anyone who sees a teen girl walking around in a sports bra and thinks she's dressing inappropriately is a weirdo.

I'm from cali too and i don't see generally see 14 year olds wearing sports bras out and about. I have seen them wear them while exercising, but even then it's usually larger than what's pictured in the op.

I think intent in important here too. Why were they put in these outfits? Is it cuz those clothes are on trend for their age group or is it to make them look hot? They shouldn't be trying to make 14 year olds look hot.

• maybe bc im from cali and its like always 90 deprees plus here but i see girls wearing sport bras all the time. while they dont allow it during school hours, during after school sports, a lot of girls (especially cross country girls) just wear sports bras and everyone's completely fine with it.

that being said, i still dont think a company should be making a minor wear that but i dont think its inappropriate generally and anyone who sees a teen girl walking around in a sports bra and thinks she's dressing inappropriately is a weirdo.

A company shouldn't make a minor dress like that, because there are a lot of weird people (Like you said). She's not wearing it at home or outside, she's wearing it to perform and there's a cordi making her wear that.

• It stems from the company using their minors for gross purposes, and fans justify it by saying 'Thats just how teens dress at my common mall' there are so many things to take into consideration, shes on TV and on MV for milliions watching, that means perverts as well. And I'm almost certain that Korean teens do not walk around like that, I bet even adult koreans dont walk around like that.

Also, in my country new zealand it is very rare to see it even among adults, and usually most who dress like that get side eyed.

since I am also new zealand, ripia is kinda right lmao

//rare ripia W

• I have raised a teen daughter but luckily she didn't dress in skimpy barely there clothing that most young girls seem to love to do. I don't think it's appropriate even if it is K pop. The ages of this group is just questionable to begin with in my opinion.

• Even if that were how 14 year olds dress irl I don't think adults should allow it in the unique situation of performance videos online for god knows who to watch across the globe

this is the take I agree with most so far

saying it’s not what teenagers wear is pretty easily proven wrong

All the mentions of teenagers being side eyed on the street isn’t that teenagers fault and is a non-issue in this case

But the deliberate choice to style her like that, while /accurate/ to her demographic, could have been more tastefully done in the context of an MV, because it isn’t the only /accurate/ choice out there

Best case scenario is the company learns and moves away from that - I’ll share my

Observation that Hyein has been more conservatively dressed for subsequent performances. And if we’re taking the stance that nothing a company does is accidental then I interpret that as them knowing better and acting on it.

• I think people need to realize the difference in cultures, korean standards and western standards are completely different. Your local mall in New york is definitely not the same as Seoul this is a country that bans the use of words on music shows that even imply something sexual, you cant measure up the standards on your country vs Korea, please talk about korea if its normal there or not I have no idea personally but I would assume not much.

bruh this :pepe-peek: one of the reasons i got into k-pop was because i was raised in a conservative family and wasn't able to watch / listen to most music without getting in trouble, but when i found k-pop, aside from mini skirts, there wasn't really anything too immodest about it. i was so surprised (and grateful) to learn the cultural difference, because i was literally afraid to watch american MVs. :pepe-peek:

• ill try to explain it as clear as i can:

i totally agree with calling out the stylists but i disagree that what she was wearing is inappropriate for a teenage girl. and thats the problem i have with kpop fans and how theyre treating new jeans. min heejin is a weirdo and i tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but after cookie, she lost any benefit i gave her. but the way kpop fans keep sexualizing the girls is annoying. no there isn't anything wrong with what hyein is wearing but there is something wrong with a company specifically deciding to put her into that outfit.

thats what people are trying to say

If she choose to wear that in her vacation time or any off time from idol work, it doesnt matter

If its given to her by the company and stylist for promotional reasons, then thats when people dont like it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Agreed! I love going to the mall!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like how some of the knetz comments were like "it's the trend!" but then some knetz are also mad because Jennie (a 26 year old woman) is "too revealing" in the Pink Venom teasers.

make it make sense :pepe-hips:

The same woman who had a CF in only Calvin Klein underwear, which some people were praising. Like....make up your mind.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• sighs...im not defending the stylist. im defending teen girls who wear outfits like that. i just didnt like how op was like "this outfit is sooo inappropriate, teen girls shouldnt wear this" like let teen girls wear whatever they want.

I don't think that was ghostings point lmao

• 20-25 years from now, my non-existent lover and I will not condone our non-existent teen wear that.

On the more important note, you can e-mail Ador about your concerns.

• Even the excuse of "Oh teenage girls dress like that all the time" wouldn't work. Just because they dress themselves like that doesn't mean it's fine for a literal minor to be exposing themselves in that way. Also, a lot of the teenage girls I've seen would have just a crop top on and that's it. This top on Hyein looks like a sports bra.

Kpop industry can't never get better I guess..

• sighs...im not defending the stylist. im defending teen girls who wear outfits like that. i just didnt like how op was like "this outfit is sooo inappropriate, teen girls shouldnt wear this" like let teen girls wear whatever they want.

however as u said, hyein doesnt choose her outfits and a company dressing her like that purposefully is weird so go ahead and call the company out. but i just disliked how op chose to do so by dictating how teen girls usually dress and how inappropriate a sports bra is

Because it straight up is inappropriate. I'm all for freedom of style and of course we're not just gonna demand a teenage girl on the street to change her outfit but we can't just ignore that it is still weird for a minor to be wearing that kind of clothing. We are not dictating at all.

• Wait, y'all are making a false comparison. 14 y/o that are wearing similar outfits aren't in the context of marketing to a large and varied audience of all ages. There's a reason why all those teens are wearing those outfits in a crowd of similar ages.

If you saw adults looking over at them for too long that would be hella sus.

It's taking something that is shared between those of that age and then exporting it out to everyone else commercially.

• Young people don't go to malls anymore lol

:pepe-notes: The people I saw there were fake then.

I'm not saying the way they're dressing is right or wrong. I'm just saying that I have personally seen it. We all have different perspectives in life and grow up in different places, so we see different things. I live in a more affluent area where parents tend to be a bit more lax with their kids, which is why I likely have seen kids dress up like that.

Don't bring your logic in here... this is a post to get outraged on or something tbh I really haven't been paying attentionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• i think for me i just don't really see this shirt as "revealing" in the way people are insinuating. like wow...her stomach is out...like it would be if she wore a bikini to the beach. her chest is properly covered and the shirt isn't tight. her pants are not low waisted. for me "revealing" clothing is something low cut or extremely tight that is meant to be sexy. but i guess thats just semantics. i do think ador should not dress hyein like this bc of the context though. because regardless of how i see it a creep will see it exactly how they want. and the girls need to be protected from that. none of their stage outfits have been bad tho so i think we don't need to worry too much rn.

who's your favorite artist?

Edited once, last by aclassyteaparty ().

• It's summer here right now, and this is exactly how kids my age are dressing. Obviously you're not gonna see it at schools when dress codes are strict af. At age 7 they had me wearing shorts under skirts in summer heat for my protection as if I wasn't a literal fetus and men being creeps would be my fault :pepe-shrug:

Anyways, point is that just because you haven't seen 14 year olds dress like that doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it happens a lot actually.

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• Naw, this is almost the norm when they're outside of school, at least where I'm from. In fact, the girls I went to school with dressed like this AT school. Now, whether they're parents were cool with this or not is another story....

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• This thread contains 97 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!