Too many new groups are debuting

• I know I'm beating a dead horse but this industry is becoming oversaturated as HELL

It used to not be like this tbh companies would debut a new group every couple of years. Now you don't even know if a group will have good career longevity cause it seems like they hype you up one minute and move on to the next in a matter of months. Idols are becoming more and more replaceable by the minute especially the female ones.

Some of these groups are gonna face the consequences for these companies greediness which is quite sad

• Yes, the nugus have less chance than before with the market being oversaturated. :peperain:

..............................................Exoplanet...........................................

dc87b7e7d56e75e48f2875ef5348afa99a238864.gifvc66dac77518f47854a87fff714bbd946fa3deff4.gifv50b332c0bfca4cbc4ebbe39282dd6c22196eb712.gifv

.............................................................................................................

• not wrong but the invisible hand of the kpop market will decide those that succeed and those that fail...

people have dreams and if a person's dream is to be an idol sometimes a person needs to learn the hard way that not everybody succeeds...

• Wonder if this year is just an exception or if we'll always have so many new groups debuting from now on.

Last year was a very weak rookie year and barely any big groups debuted. Ive was the only one and they debuted in December.

They probably saw the increasing sale trend for rookies and decided to jump on the train

It will be crazy to see how few of them will remain in the next two years

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this forum is becoming oversaturated with girl group threads :pepe-puddle:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• also covid messed up a lot of plans.. newjeans was meant to debut in end of 2020/ early 2021 im hearing :pepe-narrow-eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• They probably saw the increasing sale trend for rookies and decided to jump on the train

It will be crazy to see how few of them will remain in the next two years

I think this year might just be an extreme. But with Hybe consisting of so many sub-labels who's started to debut both boy groups and girl groups the number of rookie Big4 groups are bound to increase. Plus if Boys/Girls Planet is a big enough success we will start seeing Mnet groups again like P101.

• I think this year might just be an extreme. But with Hybe consisting of so many sub-labels who's started to debut both boy groups and girl groups the number of rookie Big4 groups are bound to increase. Plus if Boys/Girls Planet is a big enough success we will start seeing Mnet groups again like P101.

We already know Girls Planet was a massive flop in comparison to the produce series. Their song choices certainly didnt help.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• We already know Girls Planet was a massive flop in comparison to the produce series. Their song choices certainly didnt help.

Yeah but Boys Planet might do better and Kep1er still has a chance to turn it around if they start getting better comebacks. If not I think Mnet will cancel the show after next season

• tbh i feel like yall are exaggerating how many groups are actually debuting

pasted-from-clipboard.png

this is what wikipedia has listed for 2022 debuts. i took out the unit groups. thats only 17 new groups, most of whom would have never done well regardless of "oversaturation". last year a total of 18 groups debuted in the whole year. in 2016 25 groups debuted in the year (minus units). if anything less groups are debuting yearly now.

who's your favorite artist?

• boy groups really are flopping in korea... how can i only recognise the girl groups from that list :pepe-peek:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• It's actually getting lesser compare to second and third gen, but because we have bigger companies debuting quite lots of groups it feels oversaturated as those groups attracted lots of attention. And we living in social media world right now which words spread faster. Lots of groups having more exposure even coming from small agencies. Is it oversaturated? It's up to you, but if you feel yes, then it's supposed to be more terrible during previous time. The difference now is, lots of groups doing better even from middle company.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!