Which "non-toxic" K-pop fans’ behavior are actually annoying?

• “I’m in ___ fandom but I really like a song by (insert other group)”

The only time I ever want to see "I'm a ____, but here's how I feel about this" if it's in regards to a cover or if someone specifically asks "if you're in another fandom, what do you like about this group?" otherwise it's just annoying.

• The only time I ever want to see "I'm a ____, but here's how I feel about this" if it's in regards to a cover or if someone specifically asks "if you're in another fandom, what do you like about this group?" otherwise it's just annoying.

If its a cover it makes sense. But if its on Group A’s music video, I don’t wanna hear “I’m a fan of group B but I like this song by group A”

• This isn't as much online as it is irl, but when other kpop fans just assume you know anything about a group that they do. Like I've had friends assume I knew things about their faves but I just stare at them blankly.

Not everyone is gonna like the same groups. And especially if someone likes a group that you don’t follow whatsoever its just like “huh????”

• When you praise a member they will be like not only this member, all the group is talented. You cant praise any member without some fans asking all members should be praised. Like if i want to appreciate wendy's singing i do not have to praise all red velvet members even though i like them all.

• "If I wanted good vocals, I would listen to opera"

People use that to shade people who praise their faves vocals or to excuse their own faves vocals. Look, there are all kinds of different vocal levels in kpop and it's fine to like what you like, but let's not act like you can't appreciate skills coz it's kpop. There are plenty of great kpop singers. Just cuz they aren't singing opera doesn't mean they're bad. Also, opera singers are incredible, but that's not just about skill level. Opera is a completely different genre and artform. It's a disingenuous comparison.

• If its a cover it makes sense. But if its on Group A’s music video, I don’t wanna hear “I’m a fan of group B but I like this song by group A”

Strange petpeve to have. I understand why fans say that even though I myself think its stupid.

It's unfortunately because of the brain rot mentality thinking of you can only stan one group or your a bad fan toxicity. So they have to explain im fan of A or else people will basically cancel them 🤣🤡🤡

• I didn’t wanna name specific groups cause that would make people more offended but I will

“I’m and ARMY but I really like Attention by NewJeans

Ahh that makes more sense (I really can’t imagine what you meant before). I’m fine with that kind of remark. I’m more annoyed with those who said something like “I’m army but (other Kpop group) should win this award this time. Vote for (other kpop group)”. That’s annoying.

• When they go into an obvious appreciation thread of someone praising their own faves, and have to be like "but xxxx is better" or "but xxxx exists" or "did you forget about xxxx"

Like bitch GTFO

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When you praise a member they will be like not only this member, all the group is talented. You cant praise any member without some fans asking all members should be praised. Like if i want to appreciate wendy's singing i do not have to praise all red velvet members even though i like them all.

Yess this is annoying too, like you can praise one member without having to praise the whole group. You should be allowed to hype up one member but this mentality people have is… yikes

• "If I wanted good vocals, I would listen to opera"

People use that to shade people who praise their faves vocals or to excuse their own faves vocals. Look, there are all kinds of different vocal levels in kpop and it's fine to like what you like, but let's not act like you can't appreciate skills coz it's kpop. There are plenty of great kpop singers. Just cuz they aren't singing opera doesn't mean they're bad. Also, opera singers are incredible, but that's not just about skill level. Opera is a completely different genre and artform. It's a disingenuous comparison.

Yeah the comparison also makes no sense because both genre’s require a different vocal range

• can I just solo stan an idol in peace please “non toxic” stans. I do not care about the entire group, you’re going to make me an akgae soon. also some allegedly non toxic people are super superrr hypocritical. they also have beef with fonts for some reason.

It’s totally okay to be a solo stan as long as you’re not being weird about it or hating on the other members. Personally I’m a Jihyo solo stan

• Strange petpeve to have. I understand why fans say that even though I myself think its stupid.

It's unfortunately because of the brain rot mentality thinking of you can only stan one group or your a bad fan toxicity. So they have to explain im fan of A or else people will basically cancel them 🤣🤡🤡

Why do people think you only have to stan one group? 🤡🤡 like its fine if you do but don’t expect everyone else to be the same. Multis exist.

• Ahh that makes more sense (I really can’t imagine what you meant before). I’m fine with that kind of remark. I’m more annoyed with those who said something like “I’m army but (other Kpop group) should win this award this time. Vote for (other kpop group)”. That’s annoying.

That’s really annoying too. If they’re gonna do that just say “vote for Enhypen” instead of “Im and ARMY but I think you should vote for Enhypen”

• When they go into an obvious appreciation thread of someone praising their own faves, and have to be like "but xxxx is better" or "but xxxx exists" or "did you forget about xxxx"

Like bitch GTFO

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Exactly! The appreciation is meant for that one artist. Appreciate them or leave.

• If its a cover it makes sense. But if its on Group A’s music video, I don’t wanna hear “I’m a fan of group B but I like this song by group A”

it makes sence if there is a relation. For example i think its reasonable if your faves "B" like the song from group "A" and recommended it. so its the reason you learned about the song. otherwise i tend to agree with you.

• it makes sence if there is a relation. For example i think its reasonable if your faves "B" like the song from group "A" and recommended it. so its the reason you learned about the song. otherwise i tend to agree with you.

Tbh I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re getting at. But for me personally, there’s no need to announce your fandom to hype another group

• “I’m in ___ fandom but I really like a song by (insert other group)”

Agree so much with this. Nobody cares what fandom you are. Just say you like the song!

'This idol could be the main vocal in another group'

When I see comments like this it makes me wonder how untalented they think other groups are ^^ Like no, the weak lead vocal could not be a main vocal in another group. Or if they were they’d get dragged endlessly.

I realise they’re just praising their fave but it’s such an annoying way to go about it.

• Tbh I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re getting at. But for me personally, there’s no need to announce your fandom to hype another group

its absolute common on youtube to say. i came here because of this or that video or recommendation. if it is like that its fine to mention it. But those artists and fandoms have to be in a positive relationship to each other. than its totally fine to comment like that.

Of course its easy and totally fine just copy and paste i like the song under each new song you like. but there is also nothing wrong with have some varyation and give a reason why you like the song or get to know about it.

• its absolute common on youtube to say. i came here because of this or that video or recommendation. if it is like that its fine to mention it. But those artists and fandoms have to be in a positive relationship to each other. than its totally fine to comment like that.

Of course its easy and totally fine just copy and paste i like the song under each new song you like. but there is also nothing wrong with have some varyation and give a reason why you like the song or get to know about it.

Ohh yeah okay that makes more sense. If its a recommendation its fine, I just meant if it’s totally unwarranted

• "we must appreciate the talents of all members equally" - often just an excuse for stans of talentless visual members to whinge and moan about " line distribution" so their faves can ruin songs.

Appreciating them equally makes no sense. Some members are obviously strong dancers than others or a stronger vocalist than others. It doesn’t mean you love the group any less, its just a critical take

• Why do people think you only have to stan one group? 🤡🤡 like its fine if you do but don’t expect everyone else to be the same. Multis exist.

Ikr I don't understand that shit but you see that brain rot mentality all the time. I never understood where the logic came from. it's a habit of kpop fans that need to die

• Ikr I don't understand that shit but you see that brain rot mentality all the time. I never understood where the logic came from. it's a habit of kpop fans that need to die

I don’t either 🙃 there are so many habits of kpop fans that need to die. This also kinda ties into a superiority complex. If you stan one group, some people assume you’re automatically better for that

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!