HYBE USING BTS UNDERDOG STORY AS A CONCEPT FOR TRAINEE A IS DISRESPECTFUL

• IS HYBE USING BTS UNDERDOG STORY AS A CONCEPT FOR TRAINEE A? 44

1. yes (31) 70%
    2. no (13) 30%

if anyone has been paying attention to Trainee A then they would have immediately realised how HYBE has been building them up from predebut to be exactly like BTS.. using every genuine part of BTS as an aesthetic and concept for this group just to attract the most army and HYBE stans which is just blatantly disrespectful

from the "started from nothing image" with the way they had Trainee A advertising their "free concert" the same way BTS did back in 2014... except the difference is BTS was a nobody back then and when they were handing out their flyers personally they got rejected multiple times but trainee A had the privilege of posting it on a tiktok channel with more then 1million subs :pepe-shame:

kqb2VsH.png

and not to mention the "self producing" group image that HYBE is trying to give Trainee A with having them release songs that they made themselves, no matter how terrible they sound they did still produce it themselves:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

we already have stans falling for this image completely ignoring how ingenuine it all is when it comes from a group that is backed by a multi billion dollar company as opposed to BTS who built their company from the ground up

YCyyiSk.pngHQL0f3P.png

3jyoh73.png

ES15PyQ.png

i'm not saying any of this justifies hate against the members personally.. I just find it gross and transparent what HYBE is doing

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• y'all voting but not posting :pepe-life-support: cmon its akron weekend :boredr:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• I feel like I’m going to hurt my beloved armys feelings but I do think BTS members secretly want to disband.

;(

or maybe HYBE is disbanding them to make way for trainee A :peperain:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• and also txt is only three years old, do we rly need another bighit boygroup so soon?? it’s unfair to txt. they get mismanaged all the time but bighits greed just never knows when to stop. at least wait five six years but i guess the bts fame and clout is still at its peak. they want to convert some armys before they leave kpop once bts becomes inevitably inactive

• This sounds so mean of me to say, but I genuinely didn't know he has his own fanbase already.

they do lol but i don't think thats strange since they have a lot of content already released.. its more then some newly debuted groups tbf

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• It’ll be interesting to see if the strategy is successful. If trainee A will have more dedicated fans than TXT/Enhypen similar to armys.

I already see a lot of dedicated fans so I think it's already working ...

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• and also txt is only three years old, do we rly need another bighit boygroup so soon?? it’s unfair to txt. they get mismanaged all the time but bighits greed just never knows when to stop. at least wait five six years but i guess the bts fame and clout is still at its peak. they want to convert some armys before they leave kpop once bts becomes inevitably inactive

everything about trainee a was made to appeal to those armys who like the underdog story tbh, also even trainee a's concept is looking to be "hiphop" focused like bts was in the beginning :pepe-shame: they're doing everything they can to replicate BTS without realising that it's not possible

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• i dont get why they tried to recreate the whole selling flyers thing bts did way back? can u imagine a non hybe group doing it as a predebut concept? they would get dragged so much by armys and hybe stans

true

lots of armys were angry on my tl (rightfully so) but i just see the hype for them grow and grow regardless. it’s just so off putting ngl. i thought it was fun initially trying to guess whether they were from bighit or not but later 🫣💀

• i dont get why they tried to recreate the whole selling flyers thing bts did way back? can u imagine a non hybe group doing it as a predebut concept? they would get dragged so much by armys and hybe stans

i dont think i mind if another group that is nugu or from non big 3 company does the flyers thing.. it was just annoying for me to see since this group has so much privilege and hybe pulling that like there was ever a question as to anyone coming was just dumb

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• everything about trainee a was made to appeal to those armys who like the underdog story tbh, also even trainee a's concept is looking to be "hiphop" focused like bts was in the beginning :pepe-shame: they're doing everything they can to replicate BTS without realising that it's not possible

thank god txt beat the next bts allegations at debut but looks like trainee a might never ;( maybe that’s exactly what greedy bighit wants

• thank god txt beat the next bts allegations at debut but looks like trainee a might never ;( maybe that’s exactly what greedy bighit wants

TXT has completely different concepts then BTS even the member composition is different.. trainee A on the other hand is looking too much like someone trying to create a BTS 2.0

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• TXT has completely different concepts then BTS even the member composition is different.. trainee A on the other hand is looking too much like someone trying to create a BTS 2.0

txt was so different but still they were unable to escape some armys who were convinced their concept was just like bts ;( ;( ;( my poor txt always getting dragged for breathing and existing

but yes trainee a is a watered down Walmart version of bts. i cannot believe this entire project got the green signal and bighit really thought they done something with this. but i guess it worked out for them because they have almost 2m subscribers on yt… a PREDEBUT group 🫠

• txt was so different but still they were unable to escape some armys who were convinced their concept was just like bts ;( ;( ;( my poor txt always getting dragged for breathing and existing

but yes trainee a is a watered down Walmart version of bts. i cannot believe this entire project got the green signal and bighit really thought they done something with this. but i guess it worked out for them because they have almost 2m subscribers on yt… a PREDEBUT group 🫠

idec if people stan its the ones falling for this fake "underdog" story they're utilising with them that annoy me :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Which BG isn’t promoted as a self-producing Group these days ? You had trainees releasing music on SoundCloud.

The free concert could just be a way to make people notice them rather than recreating BTS from rag to riches story. Nobody going to pay for a concert from a group of people nobody ever heard off.

• Which BG isn’t promoted as a self-producing Group these days ? You had trainees releasing music on SoundCloud.

The free concert could just be a way to make people notice them rather than recreating BTS from rag to riches story. Nobody going to pay for a concert from a group of people nobody ever heard of.

HYBE doing it makes their intentions more transparent :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• As an ARMY, I don’t know a single thing about this new group….

then looks like HYBE owes me some money for promoting them :pepe-hips:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• HYBE doing it makes their intentions more transparent :pepe-shame:

But Hybe isn’t the only company promoting their trainees to be self-producing. YG made a whole show with that concept to create a new Group.

Hybe is probably just using tactics that worked before. It’s also a good way to see how independently they can pull off a show to showcase their talent. It’s actually a good training tbh.

You can’t copy a success story. Also how many people care about the fact that BTS started from a small company? Most of their fans joined around 2017 and by that time they were already nominated for a Billboard Award. It just adds to their overall journey, but that’s not why people stan them.

• Hybe is probably just using tactics that worked before. It’s also a good way to see how independently they can pull off a show to showcase their talent. It’s actually a good training tbh.

That's my point :oops: they're trying to recreate what made their first group special but it just comes off as ingenuine or too blatant which can put off a lot of people.

You can’t copy a success story. Also how many people care about the fact that BTS started from a small company? Most of their fans joined around 2017 and by that time they were already nominated for a Billboard Award. It just adds to their overall journey, but that’s not why people stan them.

you would be surprised how many people like that part of BTS, it's what makes them special for a lot of stans imo and a lot of their songs are based on this journey

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Bob are you trying to get a hit thread from army? Now that I know you’re a Blink and not a troll, it’s all very sus

:pepe-notes:

we already established in ripias thread that army aren't very active anymore :(

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• thank god txt beat the next bts allegations at debut but looks like trainee a might never ;( maybe that’s exactly what greedy bighit wants

Given they got a hip-hop training, I think it was very intentional to give them a very different debut concept for txt that being said it does not completely prevent from annoying people to nitpick any resemblance.

Tbh TA has 7 members, they already produce so it's bound to some comparisons but the hybe marketing can make it worse and the flyer is just a big nope.

Another comparison is Leo with yeonjun, they do resemble a bit but that's unfair to both as much as I'm not fond of the first (I don't hate the guy but no explanation thread completely cleaned him imo so I just rather don't get interested)

• Given they got a hip-hop training, I think it was very intentional to give them a very different debut concept for txt that being said it does not completely prevent from annoying people to nitpick any resemblance.

Tbh TA has 7 members, they already produce so it's bound to some comparisons but the hybe marketing can make it worse and the flyer is just a big nope.

Another comparison is Leo with yeonjun, they do resemble a bit but that's unfair to both as much as I'm not fond of the first (I don't hate the guy but no explanation thread completely cleaned him imo so I just rather don't get interested)

Leo looks like yeonjun but thats where their similarities end imo so I would hope stans stop comparing his problematic self to yeonjun :pepe-pray:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Idk why they’re trying to make them seem hiphop. They have 1 and a half rapper. Leo’s song isn’t bad but the group song was terrible. I’d be too embarrassed to release that. For me that and the mv was the worst thing

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• nah it's impossible to be an underdog group when you are coming from the big4, no matter how bighit try to advertise them, also being self produced is not a new thing in kpop anymore

I just hope the members will not be hated for this, atlhough after seeing other big4 4th gen group's debut I highly doubt it

• This thread contains 54 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!