Do you think SNSD will hit 500k sales with this comeback?

• What's you prediction for their sales?

I do think 500k is possible

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What are the pre order numbers like?

I think the possibility is there but it might to a bit of a stretch to reach it. SNSD are an old group so won't have the new fandom power or sales opportunities like China as current day groups get to reach massive numbers.

Plus SM already doing their best to prevent big sales: album out in just over a week but still no info on contents or version differences so fans are expected to blind buy an album they don't know what their getting, the teaser for the title track will be released on the day it comes out digitally and you just know SM will do the usual thing of under stocking demand and then refuse to print new copies.

• unless the international fans or korean fans actually bulk buy else its hard, china fans arent really buying much this time espically solo stans majority of the china bars are not actually trying to sell them and another issue is sm always stock very little for these type of veteran groups, like taeyeon recent album it was out of stock real fast and they didnt restock it for a long time.

• It all depends on sm they generally have poor stock for their groups.

I think a lot of new fans are interested in the legends themselves. I'm certainly buying a few copies.

I would answer no and I've bolded the reasoning

SNSD, despite being the best selling GG of their gen, are underestimated by SM. Like who tf started pre-orders 2 WEEKS with ONE day of tracking to monitor their stock. I am 100% sure they understocked the album.

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• Found the ktown4u numbers

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• unless the international fans or korean fans actually bulk buy else its hard, china fans arent really buying much this time espically solo stans majority of the china bars are not actually trying to sell them and another issue is sm always stock very little for these type of veteran groups, like taeyeon recent album it was out of stock real fast and they didnt restock it for a long time.

God the terror that is Taeyeon Bar on Weibo...

They really look at every single thing on her teaser, hair,makeup,outfit - even cursing Seohyun&SM for giving them similar outift that is not at all similar

They are acting as if Taeyeon is going to get Yoona-type of lines :pepefacepalm:

Such a waste that their Cbars are mostly hardcore solo stans :pepecute:

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• no. I would say the usual 100k

Tayeon does better than that

• pre-orders already started? how many versions?

Sm reveals album info on the last possible minute

So no info yet

• how many versions I can order from ktown?

but you know, SM is just doing SM thing. Back then when I used to order my kpop albums from ktown (no longer use it), they announced Kai's debut and I wanted this album so bad (he's one of my kpop biases) and I went to ktown and there was only 1 photobook version and 1 flipbook version. I order photobook version, total proce consists of album proce and delivery (which is expensive). And later on they announced 3 versions :cursing: I received only 1 random version, cause If I wanted all 3, i need to make another purchase with 3 versions (then i would have 4 versions in total). :cursing:

Announcing how many versions the album will have is a bare minimum, SM.

I wait till the day before comeback to order

That's what I have been doing for all SHINee comebacks

• is very hard to say about a group which didn't had a comeback in like 5 years, the industry has massive sales this days but we are speaking about a group which isn't active this days, based on TY and hype, i'm gonna say 300k but i will be happy if they have more

• how many versions I can order from ktown?

but you know, SM is just doing SM thing. Back then when I used to order my kpop albums from ktown (no longer use it), they announced Kai's debut and I wanted this album so bad (he's one of my kpop biases) and I went to ktown and there was only 1 photobook version and 1 flipbook version. I order photobook version, total proce consists of album proce and delivery (which is expensive). And later on they announced 3 versions :cursing: I received only 1 random version, cause If I wanted all 3, i need to make another purchase with 3 versions (then i would have 4 versions in total). :cursing:

Announcing how many versions the album will have is a bare minimum, SM.

SM are doing the same again.

As far as fans know there are 2 versions and that's only because of placeholder images on websites. Some sites say you can order a normal edition or a special edition which costs a little more. No one knows what the versions are, what differences or even if it is normal v special or regular A and B.

So it's a gamble. Might get a version you don't want or the special version might be a rip off.

• i would like to buy it, but I do not know how to buy kpop albums these days.

I use kpopmart

the shipping is faster than ktown4u for me

Fans might be doing group orders for where you live at

GO might be cheaper but there have been people who just ran with the money too

• thank you so much!!!

• Such a waste that their Cbars are mostly hardcore solo stans

Well that's bound to happen, snsd hasn't been musically active as a group for years and Taeyeon is a full time soloist so her bar and other members' bar will fully prioritise solo activities and endeavours. Like it literally happens with active groups whose members go solo and the bars start contributing less and less for group stuffs so its not a surprise in case of a group like snsd.

• what was their highest sales previously? 200-300k?

I think they have potential to doubld that preivous figure but dependent on how many fans are still sticking with them after long hiatus as a group

• what was their highest sales previously? 200-300k?

I think they have potential to doubld that preivous figure but dependent on how many fans are still sticking with them after long hiatus as a group

Korean album around 450k.

Japan album around 1million.

Doubling their Korean figure is way too far out of reach, 200k-300k is a more likely estimate for this cb given the group age and long hiatus.

• Korean album around 450k.

Japan album around 1million.

Doubling their Korean figure is way too far out of reach, 200k-300k is a more likely estimate for this cb given the group age and long hiatus.

450k for one album (no repackage)?

i didnt know SNSD sold that well.

I thought when Twice pulling 200-300k within their first few years, they already broken snsd's record

• 450k for one album (no repackage)?

i didnt know SNSD sold that well.

I thought when Twice pulling 200-300k within their first few years, they already broken snsd's record

The boys had a version B that came out a few weeks later. The only difference was Mr Taxi was moved to the lead track and of course new photos.

SNSD haven’t had a Korean repackage since Run Devil Run in 2010

• it'll be a million.

External Content youtu.be

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!