do you think its a right decision to drop Soojin and Stray Kidz from their cf deals ??

• company wise

Hyunjin already apologize and Soojin cases is still in process of finding the truth but these company already drop them...is it a right decision ? Arent they act too fast without even waiting for the conclusion (for soojin)

And also since the scandal only involve Hyunjin i dont think dropping the whole SKZ is necessary

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “do you think its a right decision to drop Soojin and SKZ from their cf deals ??” to “do you think its a right decision to drop Soojin and Stray Kidz from their cf deals ??”.
  • damage was already done

External Content www.youtube.com

• I mean, brands get to decide who represents them. Getting paid as a spokesperson/model is a privilege, not a right. If the brand doesn't want to be associated, that's their decision.

Personally, I thought Hyunjin's apology was pretty good, as celebrity apologies go. But the company announced he's ceasing all activities to lay low for a while, so you can't really be a model if you're not doing activities. I rather suspect the whole band will be quieter for a bit to let people get occupied with some other scandal, which is inconvenient for the brand if they want a lot of active promotion.

So yeah, even though I think he did the right thing, actions do still have consequences, and brands get to pick who promotes them. Apparently other companies have come under fire for it (https://www.allkpop.com/articl…orting-stray-kids-hyunjin), so maybe they just wanted to miss the drama.

As far as Soojin, has she apologized (I don't remember seeing it, maybe I missed something though)? Has the company released a definitive statement even? It sounds like things are still in progress there, so maybe they're waiting on her label to finish whatever investigations they're doing, or whatever NDA and settlement negotiations are going on to gauge public reaction.

• Official Post

Business-wise, probably. Even if Hyunjin/Soojin's cases turned out to be false, the damage had already been done and they don't have the best reputation as of right now. People aren't going to buy a product that's associated with idols who have a bad reputation. That's the entire reason why Irene was replaced with IU for that one brand, it's all about the money.

• Stray Kids isnt dropped.

CLIO put a statement saying they are still discussing the contract because of Hyunjin's hiatus, since JYPE retired him from all his schedules, so he couldnt model for them.

yes but they also added that all content is deleted

• as some people have said above having a cf deal is all about image why you want an idol or group to promote your product and use their image for your product

if an idols image is damaged (regrardless of the reason) then its going to be hard for the product to continue to use you

• As far as Soojin, has she apologized (I don't remember seeing it, maybe I missed something though)? Has the company released a definitive statement even? It sounds like things are still in progress there, so maybe they're waiting on her label to finish whatever investigations they're doing, or whatever NDA and settlement negotiations are going on to gauge public reaction.

She apologized for behavorial issues she admitted to but she denied most of the accusations. Plus, she conceded she didn't remember each and everything and knetz used that against her for being typical bully words. So it didn't do much good.

• It was since they aren't sure how the contract will stay. It doesn't make sense to keep using their image while it isn't solved.

Don't know if they have "female" muses but if not then maybe they will talk things with JYP to make a swap to ITZY.

Or they will use 2PM which is preparing for comeback.

btw. yeah with Soojin it's the same, everything was taken down from posters to social media posts

and brand said they will talk with agency but at this point they didn't announce "deal cancel".

• Tbh, although i stan and ult both groups.. i think its fair. if they kept them obviously the companies would suffer for it and they weren't aware of the situation. also they would get backlash for "supporting the idols" which totally makes sense in all honestly (im looking at this from a realistic pov) also no one wants to buy products from a person with a bad impression or history.. but yeah that's just my perspective.

• It’s their business they can do whatever the want, especially since knetz have been ripping both brands a new one for still having their pictures up

• Don't know if they have "female" muses but if not then maybe they will talk things with JYP to make a swap to ITZY.

Or they will use 2PM which is preparing for comeback.

btw. yeah with Soojin it's the same, everything was taken down from posters to social media posts

and brand said they will talk with agency but at this point they didn't announce "deal cancel".

I didn't know about Soojin since I don't follow her or her case. But I hope everything can be solved soon.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• It's business. Regardless if a controversy is true or not companies care more about investors than about finding the truth. So anything that can negatively affect shares or whatever they'll ditch them in a heartbeat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!