JYPE would be stupid to not continue Nayeon's solo career

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this isn't even all her achievements. Nayeon had no solo promo after debut for 7 years and yet the numbers she's pulling are insane. She's charting better than Scientist and other JYPE groups right now. It would be really dumb to just pull a YG and never give her a follow up to her debut and not capitalize on her current momentum.

• If they only focus on one member, it will not sit well with fans. Nayeon is charting well right now but she's not the only member with solo potential. Jihyo and Sana, with good songs and promotions can go top 10 too although I don't see either of them having the same success as Nayeon in Korea.

Internationally both can do better because Twice are still growing internationally. Releasing solo music isn't the only way to stay in the public's eye. Nayeon didn't appear on a single variety show last year and only did 2 for her debut, yet she's pulling these numbers. JYPE should send her to some shows to capitalize on the song's popularity but Nayeon will be fine with a couple solo activities and one group comeback, tbh. She has maintained her popularity all these years with hardly any solo promotions, she will be fine.

loml

• there's a reason why all of jyp's solo acts left years ago. i have zero expectations that jyp will capitalize on literally anything. jyp is useless.

not just solo though...

most of their groups left as well right

like the only group post first contract period to renew with JYPE is 2pm???

• Yes, her numbers are impressive considering how late she is starting her solo career. Her international numbers are even more impressive because there was absolutely no international promo at all.

Right now, I'm just upset the promo period is so short. There looks like there is so much untapped potential still that can be pushed with a bit more promo. It just feels like one of the shortest promo period.

But I think the bigger issue is how are we going to find time to focus on her solo. There will probably be another opportunity down the line but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

The supposed group comeback is right around the corner and she needs to work on that.

Then there's also the need for other members to go solo too and the time constraint on it to get everyone a solo.
    Realistically, seeing how other companies have done it, I don't see everyone going solo. I think JYPE will probably 1-2 more solo and sub units but regardless, this needs to happen first before any further solo activity can be pushed on Nayeon's end.

• If they only focus on one member, it will not sit well with fans. Nayeon is charting well right now but she's not the only member with solo potential. Jihyo and Sana, with good songs and promotions can go top 10 too although I don't see either of them having the same success as Nayeon in Korea.

Internationally both can do better because Twice are still growing internationally. Releasing solo music isn't the only way to stay in the public's eye. Nayeon didn't appear on a single variety show last year and only did 2 for her debut, yet she's pulling these numbers. JYPE should send her to some shows to capitalize on the song's popularity but Nayeon will be fine with a couple solo activities and one group comeback, tbh. She has maintained her popularity all these years with hardly any solo promotions, she will be fine.

I agree to some extent. Nayeon is from 3rd gen's nations girl group. I don't think she'll fall out of favor with the public anytime soon. It's just that I know that she could be a lot bigger if JYPE doesn't put her on the back burner. I don't trust them with CF deals since even though big brands are probably lining up to work with the Twice members, JYPE's taking it slow like they're still rookies. I don't mean for Nayeon to have, like, two releases a year. My personal hope would be one every year or so. And I am first in line for Jihyo's solo, trust me. I'm just worried that JYPE will hinder her and the other members from their full potential.

• I will say that maybe not every member wants to go solo (musically) like there maybe members who wish to do other solo (non-musical) activities aka Jeongyeon acting for example...

Jihyo deserves a solo, sana is probably the most popular internationally but I don’t know about solo career not everyone is meant to be soloist. (I would love a momo’s solo but the probability is low)

Also I don’t see Nayeon getting a solo album everywhere, because it would mean to slow down on group activities just for one member and we know JYP priorities OT9 over everything. Unless Twice goes on indefinite hiatus...

But they really need her to promote her individually, sending on variety show or let her getting cf deals.

• I will say that maybe not every member wants to go solo (musically) like there maybe members who wish to do other solo (non-musical) activities aka Jeongyeon acting for example...

I know Twice doesn't have much akgae as other groups but even then if Nayeon get's a solo before everyone gets their turn, the backlash from the fandom would destroy her solo. Remember how much OT9 is supported by Onces. We have to keep in mind, most of the numbers and sales are not from Nayeon stans alone, there simply isn't enough Nayeon stans to push those numbers, which means as Nayeon says, this isn't Nayeon's first solo, it's Twice's first solo (something like that). The success of NOLO is because of the fandom's belief in OT9 and it's support. Without the fandom support, NOLO will not be where it is today.

With that said, even if everyone doesn't want to go solo musically, the fandom must first know that all those who do want to do go solo and all those who don't make it evident publicly that they don't. Otherwise, no NOLO 2.0

• I know Twice doesn't have much akgae as other groups but even then if Nayeon get's a solo before everyone gets their turn, the backlash from the fandom would destroy her solo. Remember how much OT9 is supported by Onces. We have to keep in mind, most of the numbers and sales are not from Nayeon stans alone, there simply isn't enough Nayeon stans to push those numbers, which means as Nayeon says, this isn't Nayeon's first solo, it's Twice's first solo (something like that). The success if NOLO is because of the fandoms belief in OT9 and it's support. Without the fandom support, NOLO will not be where it is today.

With that said, even if everyone doesn't want to go solo musically, the fandom first know that all those who do want to do go solo and all those who don't make it evident publicly that they don't. Otherwise, no NOLO 2.0

I agree onces were really supporting, so everyone was exited because it also twice’s first solo release. But that’s why they need to ride the hype, it seems like non-fans liked her cb so they shouldn’t kill her hype because some aren’t satisfied, twice Isn’t a new group so it’s normal for them to do try different things outside of OT9.

Every soloists will never get as much support as when they’re in a group, you don’t see anyone outselling their own group. Even if she gets half of the support it would be enough.

• I wasn't around back when Sunmi was under JYPE. Just how bad was it?

i don't think jyp did terribly for sunmi's solos when she was still there, and i think ultimately sunmi just wanted more control over her music so that's why she chose to leave.

jyp completely fumbled wonder girls and killed their hype as a group but that's a different discussion.

like, as selfmate brought up, jyp is the company with the worst re-sign rates. nobody stays

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• i don't think jyp did terribly for sunmi's solos when she was still there, and i think ultimately sunmi just wanted more control over her music so that's why she chose to leave.

jyp completely fumbled wonder girls and killed their hype as a group but that's a different discussion.

like, as selfmate brought up, jyp is the company with the worst re-sign rates. nobody stays

Well they better turn those rates around and fast because that company NEEDS Twice to stay. Their other groups may be doing fine in sales, yes, but Nayeon having the best charting JYPE released this year on Melon just by entering the top 30 is a really REALLY bad sign. Twice are carrying JYPE's reputation in Korea on their backs. Their the only group from that company the GP seems to give a damn about anymore. And even with that in mind, their last group release struggled on the charts. If they disband JYPE is out of the big three. It's harsh but it's true.

• I agree onces were really supporting, so everyone was exited because it also twice’s first solo release. But that’s why they need to ride the hype, it seems like non-fans liked her cb so they shouldn’t kill her hype because some aren’t satisfied, twice Isn’t a new group so it’s normal for them to do try different things outside of OT9.

Every soloists will never get as much support as when they’re in a group, you don’t see anyone outselling their own group. Even if she gets half of the support it would be enough.

I'll have to disagree with the part of half the support being enough. The support is there because there's no reason to backlash. Once you give them a reason too, things will be different. There will definitely be backlash if Nayeon gets another solo before the rest. Just imagine if Jennie's solo 2.0 comes before Jisoos.

OT9 right now is part of their identity. The member's themselves always talk about OT9 and fans generally mimic idol's belief. I guess the question will have to be, if there is enough non-fan support to make NOLO 2.0 work, it'll likely come at the cost of fandom support and whether or not that is worth the price. I think it'll change the dynamic of the fandom itself. I guess the question comes down to is there any other way to get Nayeon the popularity she needs without music in the short term? Is there any amount of CF deals and variety shows that can do that for her?

Once they announce what Aug 26th is, we'll probably get a better idea of what JYPE's future plans will be for group and solo.

I think if Aug 26th is a solo or subunit project, it indicates JYPE is planning to quickly get everyone their solo and subunits and finally address what fans have been complaining about for years. However, if Aug 26th is a group comeback, then we'll have to wait and see what their move is following the group release.

I don't follow too closely to "history" of kpop groups. Have there been any soloist who were able to maintain regular soloist schedule while having the group be active? From the soloist that I know, their groups are either disbanded or extreme hiatus.

• I'll have to disagree with the part of half the support being enough. The support is there because there's no reason to backlash. Once you give them a reason too, things will be different. There will definitely be backlash if Nayeon gets another solo before the rest. Just imagine if Jennie's solo 2.0 comes before Jisoos.

OT9 right now is part of their identity. The member's themselves always talk about OT9 and fans generally mimic idol's belief. I guess the question will have to be, if there is enough non-fan support to make NOLO 2.0 work, it'll likely come at the cost of fandom support and whether or not that is worth the price. I think it'll change the dynamic of the fandom itself. I guess the question comes down to is there any other way to get Nayeon the popularity she needs without music in the short term? Is there any amount of CF deals and variety shows that can do that for her?

Once they announce what Aug 26th is, we'll probably get a better idea of what JYPE's future plans will be for group and solo.

I think if Aug 26th is a solo or subunit project, it indicates JYPE is planning to quickly get everyone their solo and subunits and finally address what fans have been complaining about for years. However, if Aug 26th is a group comeback, then we'll have to wait and see what their move is following the group release.

I don't follow too closely to "history" of kpop groups. Have there been any soloist who were able to maintain regular soloist schedule while having the group be active? From the soloist that I know, their groups are either disbanded or extreme hiatus.

Jennie and Jisoo, in my opinion, is a completely different situation. Blackpink's fandom is infested with

akgae's you can't go three feet without tripping over one. If Jennie gets a comeback before Jisoo gets her debut it would be fandom world war. Twice are a different story. Once's are very loyal to Twice as a whole. There are barely any intense solo stans. If Nayeon gets a comeback before any other member can get their solo debut I can see that ruffling a few feathers but that's about it. And if she gets a comeback after one more member's debut I don't think it would be too big of a deal. Idk, maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Also btw, Dahyun basically confirmed the August date is a comeback.

• Jihyo deserves a solo, sana is probably the most popular internationally but I don’t know about solo career not everyone is meant to be soloist. (I would love a momo’s solo but the probability is low)

Also I don’t see Nayeon getting a solo album everywhere, because it would mean to slow down on group activities just for one member and we know JYP priorities OT9 over everything. Unless Twice goes on indefinite hiatus...

But they really need her to promote her individually, sending on variety show or let her getting cf deals.

True, not everyone can be a soloist, I don't think Sana even wants to be one but she has the potential. She is the most popular internationally along with Tzuyu and is the most popular female idol in Japan. If not Korea, she can always go solo in Japan.

loml

• Jennie and Jisoo, in my opinion, is a completely different situation. Blackpink's fandom is infested with

akgae's you can't go three feet without tripping over one. If Jennie gets a comeback before Jisoo gets her debut it would be fandom world war. Twice are a different story. Once's are very loyal to Twice as a whole. There are barely any intense solo stans. If Nayeon gets a comeback before any other member can get their solo debut I can see that ruffling a few feathers but that's about it. And if she gets a comeback after one more member's debut I don't think it would be too big of a deal. Idk, maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Also btw, Dahyun basically confirmed the August date is a comeback.

Sure, I agree, BP fandom is an akgae fest and Once is probably nowhere close but we never know for sure and do we want to risk Nayeon 2.0 to test that theory?

I guess I've been talking about our "fandom" and how they might react when we ARE the fandom and I'm already talking to you guys lol So as a fan yourself then, let me ask if you think releasing NOLO 2.0 is good? I wonder how'd other member stans feel about this right now.

• Sure, I agree, BP fandom is an akgae fest and Once is probably nowhere close but we never know for sure and do we want to risk Nayeon 2.0 to test that theory?

I guess I've been talking about our "fandom" and how they might react when we ARE the fandom and I'm already talking to you guys lol So as a fan yourself then, let me ask if you think releasing NOLO 2.0 is good? I wonder how'd other member stans feel about this right now.

In my opinion, releasing Nolo 2.0 would be a good thing. It doesn't need to be super soon, speaking realistically, getting new Nayeon music next year is definitely pushing it. I think another member would debut next year and then we get some new stuff from Nayeon in early 2024. Not all Twice members are going to want to debut solo. Some not at all, and they'll go pursue different things. And others might want to but also want to wait a bit. And this is all assuming contract negotiations go by smoothly and everyone resigns.

Nayeon is arguably the most popular member of Twice domestically. People really love her and you can see that in her success. Fandoms can only do so much, the GP has to actually listen to music for it to chart well. If that were not the case, Scientist would have gotten a PAK lol. I might be wrong, but Alcohol-Free peaked at #8 on the melon, and it took them two weeks to do so. It entered the top 10 but barely. Nayeon peaked at #4 and it's only been a little over a week; it's predicted she'll enter the top 3. Whether or not she stays up there with all this new music coming out in the next 2 months only time will tell. But I personally think she's going to stay in at least the top 30 for a hot minute. She's really got the most potential out of everyone to be the next big idol soloist, and it would be a shame to see all that potential wasted.

I'm going to just outright say that I think Nolo 2.0 would not just be the best for Nayeon(at least from a career standpoint) but I feel like it would also be good for Twice. JYPE has pushed the OT9 thing enough that I think one member having a really successful solo career would only benefit the rest of the group, especially if the other members are also pursuing their own solo careers. If they resign, Twice won't ever stop giving us comebacks, I think that's obvious. If Nayeon continues with her success, I think that will reflect on group comeback's domestic success. We will see if I'm correct in August I guess.

As for what other members' fans might think...I don't know, I'm not them. Tzuyu's my ultimate bias and I adore Jihyo as well and the only time I feel like I would get upset is if Nayeon got ALL the attention from management and other members were left on the sidelines. And considering Twice is marketed as a unit, I doubt that will ever happen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!