NCT are "always on the cutting edge". A lot of groups "are trying to follow them and catch up to the new trend they are always creating" - Kpop producer JOONY

• I was watching this reaction and thought I'd share some of his words.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I really like this reactor because he always breaks down the production and composition of the songs as he's listening to them for the first time (and he's always very excited about it). He always posts a reaction video to new NCT releases on the same day they come out. Very interesting insights from someone who's part of and knows the industry quite well.

I always do a review on NCT because of their song quality, production quality. It's just so good. They're always on the cutting edge. I feel like they're one of the very leading groups in the industry right now. A lot of groups are trying to follow them and catch up to the trend they are creating and everytime they make something I know it's going to be super trendy, super good. So I always want to do a review on them.

Thoughts on his words? I think it's obvious that NCT have a very specific style of their own which transcends to every unit (despite each one having their own "spice"), that is very well-respected in the kpop production industry. Many other producers look up to their sound and try to emulate or adapt it to their own creations. Do you agree? Do you think Beatbox is an example of that?

• Why do other producers look for their sound when it's garbage? :pepe-notes::pepe-magnify: sus

Right? One would think the NCT brand and sound would lose all its reliability after one of their units released "possibly the worst song ever made in history of music". :check-bee: But these producers keep complimenting their sound.

Would love to check out this producer JOONY's photocard collection!

• I definitely agree! This has been said by others before that they bring something new to the table and completely deliver and producers want to work with them because of that.

:pepelove1:

• Right? One would think the NCT brand and sound would lose all its reliability after one of their units released "possibly the worst song ever made in history of music". :check-bee: But these producers keep complimenting their sound.

Let's be honest, kpop stans weren't ready for Sticker :ok-bee:

Ν Ξ Ο Ϲ Ι Τ Υ

div-st-bt-600.png

• Right? One would think the NCT brand and sound would lose all its reliability after one of their units released "possibly the worst song ever made in history of music". :check-bee: But these producers keep complimenting their sound.

kpop stans hate Dem Jointz so much and yet he's more booked on that side of the Pacific than ever and where did it all start

c2qX9k7.gif

• That’s the one thing about SM in general imo. You may not like a song due to your personal taste, but you can’t say it’s a bad song. SM has always been great on the production side and releases quality tracks.

There’s few groups (let alone companies) with that reputation.

• This aligns with a really interesting video I was watching where a producer (non kpop) was reacting to Gimme Gimme. The producer was explaining the way the layers and elements worked in Gimme Gimme, which I found really interesting and insightful!

Time-stamped to start from the Gimme Gimme discussion where he's explaining the pitch and levels..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I always say this: if you genuinely think a NCT song (specially title track) is objectively bad produced or something, search up for the instrumental... seriously, like NCT has some of the coolest on the industry, innovative yet they always sound so clean, if to those crazy beats you add the harmonization SM has been doing for years, you have an amazing high quality production regardless of being your vibe or not.

Their music gets shit for things like the flute on Sticker or their descending bassline that's so prevalent on a lot of their title tracks, but it's so painfully obvious these things are done on purpose to give a contrast to the rest of the song that I think it's brilliant.

I genuinely can't think of a single other group that has had productions like Punch or The 7th Sense, like it's legit 2076 music to the point of having written theories about the instrumental alone.

• I think it’s on brand for NCT, seeing how it’s name neo culture technology. Not sure what neo stands for (please enlighten me), but the overall name gave the impression of being technologically savvy in a cultural way (lol I don’t really know how to explain it). Good for SM for being consistent.

Culture Technology (CT) is the system developed by Lee Soo Man and used in K-Pop to promote Korea since the 90s, which includes the stages of training, the strategy to promote groups on other markets and such.

On 2016 he made this crazy ass presentation about New Culture Technology, which included the announcement of SM Stations, EDM remixes and the new group NCT (Neo Culture Technology).

External Content www.youtube.com

So the "New" is kind of their overall startegy to produce and promote their groups since 2016 and the "Neo" is for the group which carries a similar meaning. I also think it plays with the double meaning of Neo on Matrix since NCT's concept does have some similarities to Matrix.

I also remember reading this post about Culture Technology being a plan from LSM to make SK a free-taxes country, dependent on just the country's cultural exports, but I can't find it.

He also always talks about this "Culture first, economy second" approach he believes in, it's truly fascinating, scary, mindblowing and dystopian, just like himself.

And if we talked about his obsession with AI too... he really is a fascinating character ngl

• Wow this is fascinating! SM does play a pivotal part in developing kpop and it would be interesting to delve deeper into his thinking. With his Interpol scandals and him building the Kpop formula, LSM story would be a hella interesting movie!

• Wow this is fascinating! SM does play a pivotal part in developing kpop and it would be interesting to delve deeper into his thinking. With his Interpol scandals and him building the Kpop formula, LSM story would be a hella interesting movie!

Honestly if I was a journalist, there's little people I would be more interested on to interview or to talk on private than this man lmao, like I'm really curious about his life, how he has planned concepts for so long for their groups, why Interpol searched him, what's this "ideal" he wants to reach for SK or the world... oh, and he always mention how he has a "manual" only some workers at the company can see to produce content depending on the country and such... Like you can tell he majored on computer engineering the way he managed and produces on an entertainment label.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!