(Personal Opinion) Why Garam won't be cut and Le Sserafim will operate as if nothing has happened - Approval from the General Public is No Longer Needed for an act's success

• It's not the general public, it's some insecure bitches on the internet with axes to grind because a girl had a break and made it and she's prettier and has a better body than them. That's all this is about, really, if you boil it down.

• But irrespective, I do hope Kim Garam continues, most bullying stuff is BS and even if true, adolescent teenagers should not be haunted for such things, which they mature out of.

law firms statement said victim took extreme measures (suicide attempt) because of HYBEs response and the way they handled it and this is what your saying? at least attempt to be neutral :pepefacepalm:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• law firms statement said victim took extreme measures (suicide attempt) because of HYBEs response and the way they handled it and this is what your saying? at least attempt to be neutral :pepefacepalm:

So they attempted suicide because HYBE's response? Who the fuck is the villain here? Get a fucking grip of yourself.

• So they attempted suicide because HYBE's response? Who the fuck is the villain here? Get a fucking grip of yourself.

do you lack critical thinking skills? the victim is a victim of garams bullying :pepefacepalm: last time i reply to a user with less then 10 posts :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• law firms statement said victim took extreme measures (suicide attempt) because of HYBEs response and the way they handled it and this is what your saying? at least attempt to be neutral :pepefacepalm:

I do not know Korean laws and distrust media plays.

And we have cases like Kwon Mina for "extreme steps".

It is not the extreme steps of the alleged victim that proves a crime, but the extremism of the alleged perpetrators.

Neutral - Nope,

"Innocent until proven guilty" - yes.

And if guilty of bullying as an adolescent, then still the bulk of the blame should be on parents, teachers etc.

• for everybody who still wants to defend Garam (not that there are many defenders anyways):

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• people change. But doesn’t mean she can keep her job as a kpop idol if her past was this bad. She can have a normal 9-5 job or whatever, just not a public figure anymore

Why?

Do idols need to be held at different standards of morality?

Perhaps idiots who treat celebrities as some moral rolemodels, might want to.

I just consider it as yet another profession.

At the least moral standards can be expected for Politicians who impact public policy.

But idols..meh

• Exactly idols should be held to the same standards as any regular person and to the same standards you'd apply to yourself and your loved ones. I agree the only people to be held to a higher standard is those in power like politicians and government rulers and Police as these people have the ability power and authority to affect the lives of everyone both figuratively and literally

• Disagree.

Lesserarafim's fandom wants garam out even after hybe's newest statement. Casual listeners are turning their back on them now. Other people who wish to stan are now refusing to because of the mess. Fans will start dropping them if that goes on. If hybe doesn't kick her out, they will be the downfall of lesserafim

• LSF will be fine, and Garam won't leave.

Garam will go on hiatus to "reflect", pop back up in 6 months, any fans will still buy stuff saying "I support the other 5 girls" if they have issues with Garam.

Hybe's latest statement gives the die-hards enough plausible deniability to dismiss the claims and continue trucking on.

• I honestly don't think the general public cares about this (and I bet most don't even know). Comments from knetz on blog posts are not at all representative of the gp. I don't think she'll get kicked out either because the controversy and Garam's presence didn't hurt sales any.

• Actually it is more like hyena-like public who seek someone they want to hate and jump on the occasion.

• LSF will be fine, and Garam won't leave.

Garam will go on hiatus to "reflect", pop back up in 6 months, any fans will still buy stuff saying "I support the other 5 girls" if they have issues with Garam.

Hybe's latest statement gives the die-hards enough plausible deniability to dismiss the claims and continue trucking on.

Mostly Korean fans, especially fans of the ex-IZone members, will still be salty. So LSF will probably not market to the Koreans too much, only concentrating on the overseas fans, sell albums and not having too much to do with whatever is happening in Korea.

• Disagree.

Lesserarafim's fandom wants garam out even after hybe's newest statement. Casual listeners are turning their back on them now. Other people who wish to stan are now refusing to because of the mess. Fans will start dropping them if that goes on. If hybe doesn't kick her out, they will be the downfall of lesserafim

Wut? I've been following Fearless charting and i dont see any drop off at all. Where are casual listeners turning their backs on them? :pepewhat:

• I honestly don't think the general public cares about this (and I bet most don't even know). Comments from knetz on blog posts are not at all representative of the gp. I don't think she'll get kicked out either because the controversy and Garam's presence didn't hurt sales any.

It only becomes an issue because Hybe has made several mistakes upon handling the military issue of BTS, which is turning cold now. So there were already some anti-Hybe sentiment which exploded because of Hybe's shoddy handling of this matter.

• Public opinion is more important for girl groups. No one is going to give this group CFs if their image is like this. And you can tell hybe was hinging on them getting brand deals with their whole model concept. Also all the lesserafim stans have switched and want her gone. If they can't sell albums either this group is a financial hole. She won't last for long imo. Only a matter of time before she's out. It's just a question of how hybe will frame it.

It depends now.

True, if Hybe does not release Garam, LSF will probably not get too many endorsements from Korea. And that might make fans of other members upset since promotions of Sakura, Chaewon and Kazuha will be discouraged in Korea overall.

But most of the fans will still stick. They sold 400k. They might sell 300k the next time, but only a few, mostly Korean, fans will leave because of Garam. The days of girl groups going to events are gone; concerts and events in the overseas are their biggest income sources and even though it will probably not be ranked in Korea anymore, overall it might make more financial sense , and business sense too , for Hybe to go along and ignore public outcry by showing its power.

• I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread from many users... :pepe-torch:

Koreans won this round :pepe-slash:

Are you guys seriously shielding this girl you barely know and everyone in her school is going against her? The only one that's defending her is hybe but the GP already made their minds and that won't change.

If she's not out of the group the brand rep of the group will be dead and they will get 0 cf deals because no one will risk their company to be linked with a scandal like this :pepe-use-head:

• I think Hybe will just give up on CF deals on LSF. Already aespa and Ive took the position.

LSF will probably be run like a mid sized boy group, mostly unseen by the general Korean public and only promoting to the fanbase and overseas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!