Posts by girl_group_lover

I hope he didn’t word it that way because it can possibly irritate China. He sounded like China needs Korea to be big. Just take slow steps LSM.. China is slowing opening up to kpop again, don’t make them shut it again.

And Culture Technology is really his thing, right? I don’t even know what that means

He already pissed off Chinese netizens with his wording. You've guessed right lol. I was on Douyin (Chinese tik tok) earlier and boy, people are obviously not happy. Idk how the Chinese government will feel when it gets to their ears.

LSM always had this Chinese market boner and it's understandable, the stan market there is huge (the dedication of C-bars are unparalleled). He went close with EXO, but was short-lived when Luhan, Kris, and Tao left the group. I'm just confused why he keeps insisting this world culture/culture technology bullsh*t

It started with Super Junior/Super Junior M, then peaked at EXO, now he's pushing WayV and he still hasn't given up. I like how you phrased it, a Chinese market boner lmao. :D:D:D

Uh my love life is non existent, I guess it's:

Empty

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But I'm also sitting here begging to jesus like, please:

Give It (my love life) To Me!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not all of them are random guessing. The point of it is to based the line distribution on the said group's past distributions. So if there's a specific member who ALWAYS starts the first verse, or ALWAYS sings the bridge, or ALWAYS is the ending fairy (sings the last line) etc, then they'll most likely sing this specific song the same way too.

Personally I like the videos because it creates a hypothetical situation where one of your fave groups get to sing one of your fave songs by another group. I like the imagining/fantasizing aspect of it. These videos kind of give off the same feeling as when your fave group covers another group's song or vice versa. And it's just fun within the fandom to discuss who would sing which part etc.

But a majority of these videos are inaccurate because like you said, the people who make these videos would often randomly assign parts. Like give members who have never belted a note before a high note, or members who have never sang in a chorus a chorus part. Or members who usually have 10 secs in a song suddenly is given 30 secs. And I'm just like...what are yall basing all of this on. It's supposed to be imaginary, yes, but it's also supposed to reflect the group's past distribution patterns, not something completely different. So I get super picky with these type of videos.

PS: Sometimes I'd hear a certain song and feel like another group would suit the song as well (maybe both groups share similar styles or concepts) and would like to imagine both groups doing each other's songs. Idk about others, but I typically like seeing these videos for groups who are similar, because their sound/concepts are interchangeable. So for example, how CLC would sing 4Minute songs. How Red Velvet would sing fx songs. How Blackpink would sing 2NE1 etc. What I don't get is when they make these videos with groups who are completely different. Meaning they don't have similar musical styles or they don't have similar concepts.

Like I've seen shit on youtube where it's like how would BTS sing a ___ by Twice (or vice versa) and I'm like WTF? That is the type of shit I avoid and generally dislike. The only exception would be if Twice had maybe did a short cover of BTS on a music show or something, and then fans wanna make a video showing how Twice would sing the WHOLE song (based on the cover); then that'll make sense. For ex: Twice has covered Wonder Girls So Hot a couple times, so making a How would Twice sing So Hot video is acceptable in my eyes, despite Twice and Wonder Girls having different concepts and sounds.

It would definitely have a different feeling to it, I am surprised that Minzy gets more lines than Dara.

At least they were not as bad as Sistar in terms of line distribution.

Hasn't Minzy always gotten more lines than Dara? Like 90% of the time? Only a few occasions did Dara pass Minzy in line distribution, but it's not very common in 2NE1's discography. Dara had decent amount of parts in their rookie days (debut album + to anyone album) but her parts have decreased since. She always got the short end of the stick.

Ok but where is Hyoyeon's Sober? That song is a bop

No, I think that's reserved for Sistar's forgotten song

:!::!::!: I was scrolling to see if anyone posted this and you did. god bless <3

These are songs that give me similar vibes.

Something dark, sad, somewhat upbeat but also has ballad-esque elements/qualities:

2PM - Again & Again

2PM - Heartbeat

2PM - Without U

B.A.P - Rain Sound

NU'EST - Hello

Btob - Insane

Btob - I'll Be Your Man

SPEED - That's My Fault

SPEED - Pain Of The Heart

MYNAME - Baby I'm Sorry (the MV has a entire plot and is 7 mins long, so I'm posting the lyric video instead)

MYNAME - Day By Day

Teen Top - Missing

Teen Top - I'm Sorry

Big Bang - Tell Me Goodbye

Big Bang - Blue

SISTAR19 - Gone Not Around Any Longer

SISTAR - Lonely

Song Ji Eun (Secret) - Don't Look At Me Like That

Song Ji Eun (Secret) - Going Crazy (ft. Bang Yong Guk of B.A.P)

4Minute - I'm Ok

There's probably way more but this is all I can remember off the top of my head

I feel like if 2NE1 really released this song as their own back then, it would have been like this:

[CL] Little bit of that little bit of this little bit of that

[CL] Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

[CL] Gimme little bit of that

[Minzy] Neo mwonde jakku saenggakna [CL] (Gimme little bit of this)

[Minzy] Jajonsim sanghae aega ta

[Minzu] Eolguri tteugeopgo gaseumeun gyesok ttwieo

[Minzy] Nae momi mamdaero andwae eojireowo [CL] (Gimme little bit of that)

[Dara] Neon han jumui morae gata [CL] (Gimme little bit of this)

[Dara] Japhil deut japhiji anha

[Dara] Neon swipji anheun geol geuraeseo deo kkeullyeo

[Dara] Nae mami mamdaero andwae eoieopseo

[CL] Jigeum neoreul wonhaneun nae sumgyeori neukkyeojini

[CL] Neol barabogo isseodo missing you

[CL] Seotun nal won’t you set me free

[Bom] Baby nal teojil geotcheoreom anajwo

[Bom] Geuman saenggakhae mwoga geuri eoryeowo

[Bom] Geojitmalcheoreom kiseuhaejwo naega neoege

[Bom] Majimak sarangin geotcheoreom

[Dara] Majimakcheoreom ma-ma-majimakcheoreom

[Dara] Majimak bamin geotcheoreom love

[Dara] Majimakcheoreom ma-ma-majimakcheoreom

[Dara] Naeil ttawin eoptneun geotcheoreom love

[CL] Uh Imma fall in love baby you gon’ finna catch me

[CL] Uh give you all of this baby call me pretty and nasty

[CL] Cause we gonna get it my love you can bet it on black

[CL] We gon’ double the stack on them woo!

[CL] I be the Bonnie and you be my Clyde

[CL] We ride or die Xs and Os

[Minzy] Siganeun heulleoganeunde maeumman geuphaejiji

[Minzy] Nae sesangeun neo hanaman missing you

[Minzy] Seotun nal won’t you set me free

[Minzy] Majimakcheoreom ma-ma-majimakcheoreom

[Minzy] Majimak bamin geotcheoreom love

[Minzy] Majimakcheoreom ma-ma-majimakcheoreom

[Minzy] Naeil ttawin eoptneun geotcheoreom love

[CL] One two three saeroun sijagiya

[CL] Jeoldae dwidorabojin anheul geonikka

[Bom] Nal neoege deonjimyeon neoneun nal kkok jabajwo

[Bom] Sesangeun uril kkeokkji mothal tenikka

[Dara] BLACKPINK in your area

[Dara] BLACKPINK in your

[CL] Majimakcheoreom ma-ma-majimakcheoreom

[CL] Majimak bamin geotcheoreom love

[CL] Majimakcheoreom ma-ma-majimakcheoreom

[CL] Naeil ttawin eoptneun geotcheoreom love

1. Bom = 60.3 secs
    2. CL = 59.5 secs
    3. Minzy = 43.2 secs
    4. Dara = 32.9 secs

Notice how I've based this on 2NE1's past line distributions:

- CL does the intro part cuz she's usually the first member to sing/rap (almost all the time)

- Minzy starts off the first verse (ie: I Don't Care, Hate You, Falling In Love, Missing You etc)

- Bom sings every chorus/main hook (ie: Can't Nobody, Clap Your Hands, Don't Stop The Music, Falling In Love etc)

- Dara, CL, Minzy take turns singing "majimak cheoreom ma-ma-majimak cheoreom"

(Kind of like how they took turns singing "touch me over here, touch me over there" in Falling In Love)

- CL doing the rap verse because, duh, she's the main rapper

- Dara saying "BLACKPINK in your area", just like how she once did "We're 2NE1"

- CL ending the song/is the last person to sing (which was a common thing in 2NE1's discography as well)

Yeah back in the day when I first got into kpop, like more than 10 years ago. Kpop wasn't actually mainstream in South Korea. You had a few songs go viral like Gee, Tell Me, Sorry Sorry but the general public did not listen or pay attention to Kpop (as in idols) on a regular. Before it got all this attention from overseas, no one (actual Koreans living in Korea) cared about our faves. Its main demographic was just middle schoolers and high schoolers. It was extra hard for Kpop groups to get their song and name out there. Which is why when newer gen kpop fans come at me about how 3rd gen has surpassed 2nd gen in numbers and sales, I'm like you don't understand. Back then, Kpop idols weren't taken seriously. They were, for the most part, seemed as childish and gimmicky. Most people did not care. Which is why ever since 2nd gen, there's been talks about general public songs and "impact". Songs like Gee and Tell Me made ppl who did not batch an eye for idol groups listen to them. They might not know much about the idols but they'll know "Oh yeah tell me by the wonder girls, I know this song. I've heard this many times" and at the same time be like "idk any of the members tho". Back then, if you took a walk in Korea's streets, you won't hear Kpop playing all over (maybe 1 or 2 really viral ones). Versus 10 years later today, that's probably all you hear walking down the streets in Korea. It grew outside of Korea first AND THEN Koreans started taking pride in their idols and started making Kpop mainstream in Korea. Before then, nope,

lol, tell other exols to join this forum then

Lmao bruh, at one point in history, this forum was dominated by EXO L's. Most people who were major EXO fans have left kpop by now, or simply too busy (generally less active or no longer active in the online kpop community). I think most ppl who were fans of EXO during their peak are college graduates by now. We have more important things to do (like jobs and paying bills etc). We aren't staying online all day and shoving our biases down other people's throats (we've passed that stage long ago lmao). So please don't be going around implying that there aint enough of us. I think ppl don't realize before BTS came into the picture, EXO were the kings of 3rd gen kpop. They ruled 2013-2017(maybe even 2012 idk). BTS only really became the kings 2017-now. It's fair to say EXO ruled the first half of 3rd gen, BTS ruled the 2nd half.