Posts by Cydney

Lol, now BTS work physically more hours than a athlete :pepe-hehe: The things kpop fans believe, Jesus.
    Btw, learn new music, write music, and recording is not more harder than what a normal worker does in their job. Strict routines? I saw many influencers in tiktok and youtube with strict routines, is nothing extraordinary. Im sure they cant eat something if they want to, i mean, they are not like me, i have diabetes type 1, i cant eat what i want when i want. Obviously they take care of their weight, but alot of people do that, is not that hard.

Were athletes included in this? I’m pretty sure they said the average person. Try not to be willfully stupid with your responses.

Hold up, you call that belting? Whitney, Mariah, Aretha, Barbara, Adele, and Beyoncé are or were belters with beautiful intonation to boot. These girls are mediocre belters regardless of how hard they try. I look for the overall tone of a singers voice and their own unique style, not the fact that they can sing loud. Trying to imitate other great singers just doesn’t cut it for me. They need their own style for my approval.

Unpopular opinion: The way I interpret it, I'll-It is built around Wonhee. She's young and only spent like 2 months as a trainee, but this also means she has a lot of time and room to grow - eventually into a generational it-girl, at least domestically.

While visuals in their own right, none of the others will overshadow her visually for her particular archetype, while all the vocalists who could change the nature and muddy the unique selling point of the group were not chosen - sort of like how strong vocals define NMIXX and the it-girl visual factor of Sullyoon is de-emphasized as a byproduct.

"Ill-It" places firmly on Wonhee's shoulders Hybe's expectation that she will eventually become the it-girl and carry her group. Some criticize her for being the only one that didn't cry when she made the group. I'd cut her some slack because I don't think even she groks the gravity of the situation and the burden she's about to be saddled with.

I agree 100%. I only watched the clips of the show on YouTube, but when I saw Wonhee I knew she was going to be in the group. I wasn’t even impressed with her talent, but I figured HYBE felt they found the next Kim Garam with her. She wasn’t even chosen by the judges and they already have her as the center. I also knew the one girl that looks so much older than the rest of them would make it even though she really looks out of place to me, but she is definitely who I consider the most talented. I think her name is Yuna.

BTW, strange name for a group. I wonder if HYBE know that there is already a record label out there called Ill It? They don’t do their research very well in that company.

Their voices are 'too normal'. Strong voices must refer to those unique voices like Blackpink girls. You can recognize their voices immediately when you hear it. You can tell that, this is Jisoo's, this is Jennie's, this is Rose's and this is Lisa's!

The other girls sound pretty much like many others out there.

Black pink has some of the worst vocals out there. They look pretty on stage but everything is lost once they start singing.

I don’t know if I agree with this. It depends on the idol group. If you have a group that works constantly and are huge like BTS, then I would say they worked harder than the average person. They have physically demanding practice for more than 8 hours a day, have to learn music, write music, and spend hours in the studio recording. Then they have to attend schedules that require them to be up and ready to travel at incredibly early hours and spend a lot of time in airports traveling to different venues. They have to follow strict routines to meet certain beauty standards. They can’t eat what they want when they want. Sounds rather hard to me. My life is definitely easier in comparison.

I like what Ador did with New Jeans where they just dropped the music, no fancy teasers or anything.

Yes, I like that too. It felt like we discovered New Jeans organically. I loathe slick marketing campaigns. Soft marketing is always the better approach. That way you don’t grow sick of them before they debut. The hype about upcoming groups from some companies is overkill, and often times the group doesn’t live up to the hype.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that Bang never should have complained about folks not bowing to him. There was nothing good that could have ever come out of that.

Fans want to hear real shit from their faves, i get that, but that kinda real talk should be focused on their faves themselves. Their hopes, their background, stories about their childhood, training, family life. If they wanna talk about other idols, that shit has to be POSITIVE i repeat POSITIVE stories about interactions with these other idols, his friendships with Lisa, Twice, etc.

Complaining about younger idols not bowing to him not only results in these crazy fanwars that spin out of control, it also makes him look insecure. Folks value confidence, self assurance, if you get overly emotional over something as trivial as this, it just makes you look weak. And now it's gotten to the point where he is publicly shading his own fans, which might put a damper on all their recent momentum. :pepe-shrug:

Taeyang said the exact same thing. I see nothing wrong with calling younger people out for their rudeness. I prefer to know if idols are rude to other people. Why allow someone to climb to the top when they are so undeserving? The reason the entertainment industry is such a mess and people get so hurt when they find out how nasty their “idols” really are is because idols are allowed and encouraged to hide behind a mask to get people to consume their products. I would rather know that the product I am buying is a sack of shit sprayed with perfume instead of a rose.

Its true that V hasnt done any US performances for these 2 pre releases but none of the members did heavy promotion in the US. Most just had 1 stage and one or two interviews. Thats far from being heavily promoted.

Jungkook promoted Seven for just one week with one performance in the US and 2 in the UK. I dont think we can call it heavily promoted, lol. His MV didnt even have a countdown or a premiere. How the fvck was the MV heavily promoted? Yall would be saying anything at this point

No, we don’t just be saying anything. I heard about Jungkook’s song, read articles about it, saw the promotion regarding his appearance on the largest morning show in the US. That is what I call heavy promotion. I read articles about the MV regarding a top Korean actress having a role in it. Even Scooter Braun promoted Jungkook in major magazine articles. Jungkook’s name and song were put out there. Probably because everyone knew that Jungkook was always going to be the one who would be the most promotable in the US. Jungkook himself doesn’t need to promote for the song to be promoted.

I got a question for you.

Do you think there was anything V could've done, for him to get that #1 on the Hot 100 and all the other success or you feel because of his singing style and the type of songs he makes- he wasn't gonna do as well as the other 2 maknae line members regardless?

I just had to jump in. V is having a hard time in the US because he doesn’t promote heavily in the US. Jungkook’s song and video were heavily promoted. I can’t speak on Jimin but I do know that I heard that V was putting out music but didn’t know that it had already been released. The video was not engaging at all and I was surprised at his wardrobe choice. Altogether, it just isn’t something that is going to engage a US audience. It’s too low key.

I don’t know what’s going on over in Korea, but I can’t imagine them having a huge international following because the show is too hard to watch I see several snippets on YouTube and it takes weeks before a full episode is launched. Personally, I lost interest. Also, there are no stand-outs in the contestants. I’m not even going to pretend to know what Asian fans like because I don’t get the hype for most K-pop groups. When I saw the final line up for Enhyphen I wasn’t impressed at all, but they seem to be doing fine. I still can’t name one song they have put out or name any of the members if I’m not looking at pictures with their names under them. I guess with good marketing anything is possible though.

Did you write that other think piece on country music? Something about that racist Jason Aldean? You put a lot of thought into this didn’t you? Your whole thought process is bizarre. Charts don’t determine what people like. Chart standing won’t stop people from liking the music they like. This is actually a battle for you? Poor you. The rest of us will just continue to like whatever music we like without a care to what others are doing or like.

You are a serious nutcase. I bet your head was about to explode seeing that people didn’t agree with you.