Brave Girls US tours sounds like a disaster

• Glad I'm going to a relatively small venue for Dreamcatcher as opposed to the ones in Los Angeles and NYC where it's big and more expensive.

I saw BTS in LA for PTD on stage @SoFi Stadium. As awesome as it was and I really did have an AMAZING time, I was essentially watching ants unless I watched the huge larger-than-life screen they had behind the stage. Which was fine and dandy except that they had these overlayed graphics on it. I suppose they thought it look cool, but the official broadcast concert was sans those graphics and I was like, "Was the screen I watched really worth $200 more?"

:pepe-narrow-eyes:

I was really pissed at the overlays.

• I saw BTS in LA for PTD on stage @SoFi Stadium. As awesome as it was and I really did have an AMAZING time, I was essentially watching ants unless I watched the huge larger-than-life screen they had behind the stage. Which was fine and dandy except that they had these overlayed graphics on it. I suppose they thought it look cool, but the official broadcast concert was sans those graphics and I was like, "Was the screen I watched really worth $200 more?"

That is true of most major concerts or games. You can get a better input at home from a TV.

But what is special about going to the venues is the "immersive experience", the atmosphere, the camaraderie etc.

BTS or anyone just provides the excuse for the ethos to gather.

• I saw BTS in LA for PTD on stage @SoFi Stadium. As awesome as it was and I really did have an AMAZING time, I was essentially watching ants unless I watched the huge larger-than-life screen they had behind the stage. Which was fine and dandy except that they had these overlayed graphics on it. I suppose they thought it look cool, but the official broadcast concert was sans those graphics and I was like, "Was the screen I watched really worth $200 more?"

I think it's, in large part, for the feeling of being in the crowd.

When I went to the Twice concert in February, the entire arena had this energy coursing through it. It's not a feeling that I can replicate by watching a TV at home.

It's about being a part of the moment, if that makes any sense.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• That is true of most major concerts or games. You can get a better input at home from a TV.

But what is special about going to the venues is the "immersive experience", the atmosphere, the camaraderie etc.

BTS or anyone just provides the excuse for the ethos to gather.

I think it's, in large part, for the feeling of being in the crowd.

When I went to the Twice concert in February, the entire arena had this energy coursing through it. It's not a feeling that I can replicate by watching a TV at home.

It's about being a part of the moment, if that makes any sense.

I know, it was amazing as I said! To be there with everyone as giddy and excited as I was? It was electric!

Plus, I did get to see them up close when they came around in carts. I was in level 1 so they were eye level then and right in front of me!

The overlay graphics on the screen though :pepenomad::pepe-no-sign:

• BG leading the Korean Summer Wave into the USA. They are allways good for a Surprise.

BG may have less fans than other groups. But they care the more about them and try to visit as many as possible. Performing Belter like Rolling and CMBR like a milion times, doing tons of adds and tv-shows. still make 13 songs and 5 remixes in that time. I guess not many GG work that hard.

Now they are on Queendom with a Fandom 10 times smaller then the other groups to compete in a ranking based on fandomsize.

They are funny and to follow how their story continues is as much interesting as their reversal story. :P

There are not many GG in their 30s who still following their dreams and go on all they stages the allways wanted to perform. I bet they have a much better and happier life now.

If you are worried about them being floping you should support them. The Girls defenitly deserve it. But i think they have gone trough much worse and doing relativly well.

Also the Girls can chill since each of them allready made a milion.

• I know, it was amazing as I said! To be there with everyone as giddy and excited as I was? It was electric!

Plus, I did get to see them up close when they came around in carts. I was in level 1 so they were eye level then and right in front of me!

The overlay graphics on the screen though :pepenomad::pepe-no-sign:

Good for you.

Even though I know this, unfortunately I don't value that experience as much as the cost - not just money, but planning ahead, getting to the place, parking troubles etc., I rather watch at home.

At least some sports gets me out, but not so much with music. Probably the only K-pop concert that made me think 'wish I was there', was IU's Love Poem 360 stage.

Different folks, different strokes.

• The NYC stop of the tour is at Summerstage festival which is free and sponsored by the Korean Cultural Center of NY. Honestly, I don't think it will be a bad idea at all. They probably will be performing in smaller venues so hopefully filling them would not be a problem. I am watching Queendom rn and even though they are not doing that well in rankings, a lot more people are rooting for them now.

• I wish I am wrong and they sell out however likeliness is very little. I don't think they can fill even 1k capacity venues, why would their company set them up like that?

Generally this is what I hate about this small agencies, they don't even know how to react to success, let alone achieve it. In just a year they wasted all the hype Brave Girls had. Their follow ups did even worse than Gfriend or Exid's and even those of Momoland. They literally had so many examples to learn from to not make a 2.0 comeback, but they ran right through it

They can sell out 1k in Korea...idk about America. They don't even get 1K likes on their tweets total. The NYC one should be fine - it's part of a bigger festival. If they can get the actual military base in Dallas to hear about Brave Girls, it'll be a hit. I may drive a couple thousand miles just to see them (and my love Minyoung). They'll def sell better than you think though, there's demand. They're only going to big cities.

• us tour sounds like a very, very bad idea

small agencies have limited time and resources to begin with

don't know why they would expend it in the us

they have a vanishingly small fanbase there

even their us fans would likely prefer them to divert their resources to greater fame in korea

they have a very distinct fanbase that are under appreciated

[edit: if they're being fully subsidized by other orgs (like ny cultural org), the it would make sense]

• It’s interesting for sure. They seemed to be much more of a Korea phenomenon than an international one. It seems like they would have better served by playing the KCONS rather than setting off on their own here.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Dreamcatcher tickets also sold very well. The market is there, so I think it's worth it to take the chance.

They could be planning for small venues, since we don't know what those are yet.

Jichu and I are both going to see Dreamcatcher!

Brave Girls is at least targeting large cities, and with a reasonably sized venue, I think they can come out ahead. I really hope Hopkinz can go and we can swap concert stories.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Dreamcatcher tickets also sold very well. The market is there, so I think it's worth it to take the chance.

They could be planning for small venues, since we don't know what those are yet.

No way you're comparing Dreamcatcher to Brave Girls when it comes to international popularity. Dreamcatcher is the 5th girl group ever to top US Itunes Chart after Twice, Blackpink, Red Velvet and Loona. They've been growing their fandom slowly but steadily.

• No way you're comparing Dreamcatcher to Brave Girls when it comes to international popularity. Dreamcatcher is the 5th girl group ever to top US Itunes Chart after Twice, Blackpink, Red Velvet and Loona. They've been growing their fandom slowly but steadily.

I was just mentioning another Kpop girl group that had sold well lately. I'm not saying Dreamcatcher and Brave Girls are directly comparable.

I wouldn't expect Brave Girls to be selling out arenas, but small venues are doable. Especially since we don't know the venues yet, they could be playing in small theaters.

Whether that's financially worth it, is a different question.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I don't see how it's a disaster. A lot of kpop groups performed in small venues, nothing wrong with that.

I used to ho to jazz concerts in small venues and i don't think that artists considered this as disaster.

Yes, they are not selling arenas, so what?

Hope girls will have good time in USA

The point I am trying to make is that even small venues aren't easy to sell out. I remember Oh My Girl's US tour pictures, they had a lot of empty seats.

han on Twitter: "please go and see oh my girl next week if you live in the US,,, the thought of them performing to that many empty seats (the blue spots) is actually heartbreaking https://t.co/9KVGh0iQsa" / Twitter

And with Gidle, Dreamcatcher, Stray Kids, Monsta X all going on a tour at practically same time, people have way too many choices to choose from...

• The point I am trying to make is that even small venues aren't easy to sell out. I remember Oh My Girl's US tour pictures, they had a lot of empty seats.

han on Twitter: "please go and see oh my girl next week if you live in the US,,, the thought of them performing to that many empty seats (the blue spots) is actually heartbreaking https://t.co/9KVGh0iQsa" / Twitter

And with Gidle, Dreamcatcher, Stray Kids, Monsta X all going on a tour at practically same time, people have way too many choices to choose from...

Poor oh my girl. They deserved better. I hope the kpop community in the us can prevent this for brave girls.

For twice those venues would be a cake. Maybe Onces can help out?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!