The reason why LE SSERAFIM Kim Chaewon switched from Woollim to HYBE

• The reason why LE SSERAFIM Kim Chaewon switched from Woollim to HYBE

The reason why LE SSERAFIM Kim Chaewon switched from Woollim to HYBE (Interview) The-reason-why-LE-SSERAFIM-Kim-Chaewon-switched-from-Woollim-to-HYBE-1-591x1024.webp1-3.jpg

1. I think she chose the safe option rather than challenging herself

2. What is she talking about? Isn’t it a safe choice? I don’t think she wanted to challenge herself

3. If she had wanted to challenge herself, she would have made her solo debut under Woollim

4. I think she chose the safe path…

5. What is the challenge of joining a big company?

6. It’s like she left a startup and chose Samsung

7. It’s weird that Woollim supports her, but for Chaewon, moving to HYBE seems like a good choice

8. Anyone can predict that HYBE’s girl group will do better, what’s the challenge?

9. If I were her, I would switch from Woollim to HYBE too

10. I just feel like she chose the best path for herself

Original post (1)

• yo people at Woollim literally lost years of content from Infinite

I wouldnt blame anyone running away from

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't blame her for leaving Woolim, they had just debuted Weeekly Rocket Punch so I doubt they were in a rush to pop out another group.

The rest is total bs and just a nice way to answer the question outside of either throwing Woolim or herself under the bus. :pepe-shrug:

• Why do we need to know? The biggest company wants you, you went where there was money it's a normal choice everyone would have done the same you don't have to explain it to us. All the idols explain that they sought to join a company of BIG4 it is not a coincidence. If a big company offers you a job, you generally take it because it is above all a security for the future.

It is rather the rare exceptions who did not want to join these companies that we want to listen to.

• She wanted to challenge herself because going to HYBE meant becoming a trainee again and going under HYBE's strict training regime. You can tell how much effort she put with how much better she is compared to her IZ*One days. Its really not that deep.

• I rarely agree with knetz but she did go for the safe option and also the smarter option. Most of the Kpop companies throw you away anyway after 7 years especially if you are female. So I can understand her descision but I dislike how people in public struggle so much with being honest. Just say you left because you wanted the easier road to success. Like most of us wouldn't do the same thing.

• I don't agree with Knetz lol

they're calling everyone flops but now that the group is doing well, suddenly it's expected and the safe option

Chaewon was more popular than Eunbi so she could have just gone solo, never hit big most probably but also be able to do what she wants and not share profits, enjoy a chill lifestyle

instead she went through training regime again and debuted with a completely different image than she had before (Knetz I haven't forgotten you complained about it a ton when her intro stuff came out)

that said it was absolutely the smart decision if she's ambitious (and she seems to be). But that doesn't mean there wasn't a safer, maybe less pay-off but also less risk, path for her.

• compared to Woolim, switching over the HYBE was obviously the safe option.

• i don't judge anyone for jumping ship to be at a bigger company with better opportunities, and if someone does judge then they're a hypocrite because most people would jump at the chance to work at a better company in a heart beat

also don't judge people for making "safe" career choices. yes challenging yourself can be extremely fulfilling, but challenges don't pay the bills

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

giphy.gif

• i don't judge anyone for jumping ship to be at a bigger company with better opportunities, and if someone does judge then they're a hypocrite because most people would jump at the chance to work at a better company in a heart beat

also don't judge people for making "safe" career choices. yes challenging yourself can be extremely fulfilling, but challenges don't pay the bills

no one is faulting her for jumping ship for a better, safer opportunity...just don't call it a challenge to switch from Woollim to HYBE.

• Some people use the word "safe" to be synonymous with "comfy". Like for instance.....let's say I was working at a nice, satisfying job in my hometown making $100,000 a year. Then somebody gave me an offer to move to Africa for a management job that pays me $400,000/yr. Obviously I'll make much more bank going to Africa. But it also involves requiring having to learn a new culture/language, having to learn how to be a manager, AND giving up my current daily lifestyle. Moving to Africa would be the obviously more successful (but challenging) route, but staying at the current job and at home would be considered the "safe" route.

It's basically the same thing here. She could have easily debuted under Woollim as a soloist and have guaranteed moderate success because her fan base was already large enough to support her. But she went for the option that required more work, more challenges and adjustments, but also potentially has way more payoff. There's really no need to interpret it any differently.

• no one is faulting her for jumping ship for a better, safer opportunity...just don't call it a challenge to switch from Woollim to HYBE.

The challenge was about becoming a trainee again in a new company and going through HYBE's intensive training program to fulfill their higher requirement for dance and performance. She would have to better herself to meet with HYBE's expectations of her. How can you NOT call that a challenge?

• The challenge was about becoming a trainee again in a new company and going through HYBE's intensive training program to fulfill their higher requirement for dance and performance. She would have to better herself to meet with HYBE's expectations of her. How can you NOT call that a challenge?

she already had a huge fandom from her iz*one days. She was gonna debut regardless of how good or poor her training eval was.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!