Jessica leaving hotel for the Chinese girl group survival show recording

• Jessica-leaving-hotel-for-the-Chinese-girl-group-survival-show-recording-1-719x1024.webpJessica-leaving-hotel-for-the-Chinese-girl-group-survival-show-recording-2-775x1024.webpJessica-leaving-hotel-for-the-Chinese-girl-group-survival-show-recording-3-639x1024.webp1. What? I thought she appeared on the show as a judge or a mentor, but is she appearing as a contestant? Really?

2. She’s a contestant, not a judge…???? Why….???

3. What happened to the girl who shined brighter than anyone else?

4. There will be a bit of bitterness in the hearts of fans
    5. She is a contestant????? Jessica, how did this happen?

6. As long as she doesn’t mention Soshi (((Girls’ Generation))))

7. If she wins, will she debut as a C-pop idol? This is crazy

8. She was once a top idol, but now she’s a contestant on an audition show

9. Is she short of money?

10. But why does she keep working in China? Why doesn’t she work in Korea?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I mean we all know why she cant work in Korea, so why egg her?

Also I hope the rumors about her fiance are false, losing all of your hard earned money bc of a dude even if you love them SUCKS

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm really surprised she's actually competing on this show. Sounded like a baseless rumor when I first heard. Good luck though!!

According to selfmate this is very high profile show and only already successful people take part in it

• can non-chinese take part in the competition

For those who are unfamiliar with the show: Sisters Who Make Waves (乘风破浪的姐姐) is marketed as sort of "challenging" the limitations of ageism in the entertainment industry. Contestants are not just singers but also actresses and TV show hosts, all aged 30 and above. Those in their 40s and 50s have made it into the debuting group in the past two seasons.

The first season in 2020 made huge waves (heh) and went viral in China, and the debuting team included Miss A's Jia. Because of how popular the show was, the second season (2021) had a significant number of very famous China/HK/Taiwan celebrities such as Cecilia Cheung who didn't make the final group, and the ones who did include Na Ying, Rainie Yang, Bibi Zhou and Joey Yung.

Also because it was so popular, the same company made a male version called Call Me By Fire (披荆斩棘的哥哥) but they formed a 17-member group. Royal Pirates' James Lee joined this one but didn't make the group. One guy who did make it is a Korean-American called Nathan Lee (Lee Seung Hyun/李承铉) who used to be in Korean group TAKE.

A rival company similarly produced one called Shine! Super Brothers (追光吧!哥哥) for male celebrities who have debuted before. Yuqi is one of the show's hosts, and Nichkhun joined the second season of this one.

• For those who are unfamiliar with the show: Sisters Who Make Waves (乘风破浪的姐姐) is marketed as sort of "challenging" the limitations of ageism in the entertainment industry. Contestants are not just singers but also actresses and TV show hosts, all aged 30 and above. Those in their 40s and 50s have made it into the debuting group in the past two seasons.

The first season in 2020 made huge waves (heh) and went viral in China, and the debuting team included Miss A's Jia. Because of how popular the show was, the second season (2021) had a significant number of very famous China/HK/Taiwan celebrities such as Cecilia Cheung who didn't make the final group, and the ones who did include Na Ying, Rainie Yang, Bibi Zhou and Joey Yung.

Also because it was so popular, the same company made a male version called Call Me By Fire (披荆斩棘的哥哥) but they formed a 17-member group. Royal Pirates' James Lee joined this one but didn't make the group. One guy who did make it is a Korean-American called Nathan Lee (Lee Seung Hyun/李承铉) who used to be in Korean group TAKE.

A rival company similarly produced one called Shine! Super Brothers (追光吧!哥哥) for male celebrities who have debuted before. Yuqi is one of the show's hosts, and Nichkhun joined the second season of this one.

thanks for the info self!

you a life savior here

lets all expect the best for Jessica okay?

she will overcome this

it is sad to see so many people jumpin conclusions here and there but at this time idc

I am cheering up for her a lot <3 and focus positive energy

• I mean we all know why she cant work in Korea, so why egg her?

Also I hope the rumors about her fiance are false, losing all of your hard earned money bc of a dude even if you love them SUCKS

What happened? To her fiancé I mean

• What happened? To her fiancé I mean

According to rumors he has a gambling addiction, took loans on their company's account for the said addiction and ran the company down to bankruptcy.

• Woah, that's severe. I hope the rumours are groundless or that at least it wasn't Jessica's money he wasted.

he company being in massive debt is confirmed

Its not confirmed if it was Taylor who swindled the money

• 10. But why does she keep working in China? Why doesn’t she work in Korea?

Jessica has a solid fanbase in China. I think she was even the most popular SNSD member there at one point. As for Korea, I heard rumours that SM has blacklisted her from working there but I don't have definitive proof of this

• For those who are unfamiliar with the show: Sisters Who Make Waves (乘风破浪的姐姐) is marketed as sort of "challenging" the limitations of ageism in the entertainment industry. Contestants are not just singers but also actresses and TV show hosts, all aged 30 and above. Those in their 40s and 50s have made it into the debuting group in the past two seasons.

Ok, I kind of like this concept.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!