Why can’t Cravity, which is from Starship and have Produce members, hit big like Ive?

• Cravity also has popular members from Produce and is from Starship, yet their songs make no noise and they sell like half of Ive when most boy groups now are selling well. What does Cravity lack that prevent their further success?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• imo the members stand out less, both the ones that were in X1 and the ones that weren't

the boyz only have 1 member who was in produce and didn't even make the line up and they are a big group with 12 members and they can still do well, so that tells you something.

• see

music

visuals

performance

you can have all that and not be popular in kpop

what you need is a carefully thought-out image and storyline that gets people invested

kpop is way more dependent on super emotionally invested fans than casual listeners

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• who knows, I personally enjoy their music, I think it's because they haven't found a "sound" yet and stuck with it, it seems they are experimenting in every way, which isn't a big deal. But makes their music go in various directions. I also don't think they really have a story or anything to engage fans, but i haven't followed them fully since debut to know if they do, it just doesn't seem like it.

Veni Vidi Vici is one of my favorite songs by them. This latest album was really good too. For Me, most their TT's are good and upbeat. Their B-Sides are good too.

• they lack people like Wonyoung and Yujin

External Content www.youtube.com

• Not you comparing a group that lasted a month and other that lasted more than 2 years :pepewhat:

I think the final winner from Produce X 101 is Jinhyuk, he got the victim image, and he's doing good in tv shows.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I think IVE is just an anomaly. We saw with Produce 101 that majority of the groups from that didn't go anywhere either and if they aren't disbanded by now they are still struggling to find their place within the industry.

IVE is definitely an anamoly but were also the most set up for success based on the popularity of the members that made their final group. The only ones that were arguably in as sweet of a spot were Sejeong/Mina but Gugudan were given too many members with very little chemistry, inconsistent concepts and nonexistent promotion

IVE is the complete opposite - they have a small, focused group synergized around Wonyoung/Yujin with a strong concept and dedicated management

I'm sure cravity falls somewhere in the middle of these very different spectrums of investment

• I think IVE is just an anomaly. We saw with Produce 101 that majority of the groups from that didn't go anywhere either and if they aren't disbanded by now they are still struggling to find their place within the industry.

people forget ioi only lasted like 7 months and was a mess. Members in and out of the lineup because they debuted in there own groups. Completely not participating in their first comeback. And a whole lot of fighting within the fandom. It comes down to izone had a longer time to believed a true fandom while ioi was a bunch of solo stans.

• Cravity also has popular members from Produce and is from Starship, yet their songs make no noise and they sell like half of Ive when most boy groups now are selling well. What does Cravity lack that prevent their further success?

Maybe because the public see them more like WJSN than IVE.

• Cravity entered top10 best debut sales of all time in kpop as #8 when they debuted because they had already had the fandom but you see, Starship completely half assed everything about them. Concept, music. They had no clue what to do and just rushed their debut after X1 disbanded and that completely messed their momentum, just like it happened with all post PD groups before but IVE.

I think SSE didn't do the same to IVE because they had a longer time to plan the group and they knew they had two very valuable idols that they couldn't afford to waste.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!