How boycrush would be like for you

• Girlcrush is the biggest kpop female concept atm, pretty popular specially among non east asian fans

Concepts for boygroups are a bit more limited than for girlgroups and boygroupsp audience is over 90% female, hence it's like every boygroup out there is doing their version of "girlcrush"; But what if a boygroup was make to target not only girls, but boys too, some kind of boycrush concept, how exactly would it look?

This is a question for males in general, but guess if you are a girl who are into girlcrush you can share your opinions as well

I can't think of many examples, but I guess those as songs that looks ok for boys to have a boycrush on:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They would focus more on being cool and impressive instead of attractive. They wouldn’t play into the “perfect boyfriend” character female fans like but instead try to be badass in a way guys like. Probably kinda similar to girl crush really.

ps. I’m a girl but gave a shot at answering anyway.

• I'm a guy and I mostly like the bgs (or their songs) that have a boy crush vibe, because too much cutesy is a no no to me. And it seems that boy crush was more common in the 2nd gen, nowadays I don't know much, because most of the bgs I find with this concept are from around that time.

A reference for boycrush is definitely Nu'Est's debut.

• Not sure if this alone was going to work, many BG try to be badass nowadays and still have a female dominant fandom

It’s kinda taboo for guys to like bgs from what I can tell and one or two groups won’t change that. And most badass groups still has a lot of content that mainly appeal to (straight) girls. Like even if they go hard in the mv they’ll release an aegyo video of the song. Or do vlives in cute pyjamas. Body roles in crop tops during live stages etc. Fanservice for female fans that would put off many male fans.

• Oh I love that Nuest songs tho

Yes I feel like during 2nd gen we had more these kind of concepts

idk it is boy crush or not or masculine concept

• double post lmao

• Those songs also gives me biycrush vibes

And yes I agree they are something from 2nd gen. I can't feel the same vibes in any of current boygroups, the group that is somewhat closer to this is Stray Kids but I don't like their songs so...

• Any Monsta X song... Monsta X have the most fanboys, even the creator of Bare Bears and Instagram's CEO is a fan of them

External Content youtu.be

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• That's because female fans are louder and more powerful when it comes to spending money/lending support. It's part of the struggle even for someone like Taylor Swift to be taken seriously as an artist early in her career because she was labeled as being "for girls" and therefore seen as lesser in society. There are lots of groups with fanboys. I know Monsta X has quite a few. There's just a lot of toxic masculinity that tells boys and men that it's not "for them" so they shun it even if it's something they enjoy.

Humm, the current group with the highest share of male fans seems to be BTS and armys are know to be... yeah hysterical fangirls

Either way, maybe when you get mainstream enough like BB or BTS maybe your target demography doesnt matter anymore and your music is enjoyed by both girls and guys alike

• Ateez may be close to it as well.

• honestly i dont like boy group who really" tried to be macho or try hard, its really" cringe.
    for boygroup to gather male fans, just make song that not really" tryhard or "sell ur body" like open ur shirt and show ur sixpack. its fucking Cringe!!!

also dont try to look cute either. just casually like yourself dude, dont overdo it.

Example song,
    BTS - I need U, Spring Day, Dynamite, Run.
    2PM - Hands up
    Big Bang - Loser, Blue, Fuck it
    Taeyang - Wedding Dress, Eyes, nose, lips

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!