being popular in China is very beneficial

• Because C-Fans are rich, dedicated and loyal AF. A deadly combo that all Kpop companies want.

At first I didn’t get why SM tries so hard to enter the Chinese market.... but after seeing what fans do for Renjun, Taeyong and Winwin, I now understand.

Just take what Renjun did for Reload. Even for a less promoted member, he’s the best selling member in China out of everyone in NCT. His Chinese fanbase took up 82k of the album sales, like ONE fan literally donated 45,000 worth of US dollars for one comeback....and accumulating all of Dream’s Chinese preorders, it was about 300k more or less... All for a mini-album. They did so much for Renjun more than SM can ever do. They also promote Renjun so much in China.

Even for a non-Chinese member like Taeyong whose Chinese fanbase has basically spent millions to promote him on his birthday everywhere in Asia. Why are they so rich???!

The top NCT members in China that you listed (would add Jaemin by the way, he’s only behind Renjun in Dream, and probably on the same level as Taeyong in NCT overall) only started to experience the big scale support since last year, but boy, the top EXO members in China (most notably Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun) been having that insane support for years. And SM just raking in the profits.

This extends to the girl groups as well.... they've seen massive bumps in album sales, partly driven by cfans.SNSD,BLACKPINK,T-ARA,G-IDLE,RV...

• Not only that but the $$$ one can get from varieties to cfs to endorsements are massive

I remember reading somewhere that Angelababy (a popular HK-Chinese Model/Actress) gets paid $900 000 Yuan per episode of Keep Running (the chinese equivilent of Running Man)

I know that Yuqi was on Running Man for one season and I doubt she would get paid as much as Angelababy but its a lot of money.

• Not only that but the $$$ one can get from varieties to cfs to endorsements are massive

I remember reading somewhere that Angelababy (a popular HK-Chinese Model/Actress) gets paid $900 000 Yuan per episode of Keep Running (the chinese equivilent of Running Man)

I know that Yuqi was on Running Man for one season and I doubt she would get paid as much as Angelababy but its a lot of money.

OMG, DO YOU REALLY THİNK YUQİ WON THAT MUCH? Btw she officially in season 2 too because of pandemic she couldnt attend

• Hell no Yuqi definitely would not get that much because she's a newbie but I would estimate at least 50-100K Yuan per episode.

Secondly about drama shows random article:

Covid 19: China slashes production budget for TV series with actors’ salaries cut by up to half | Showbiz | Malay Mail

TLDR - lead actors get 400K Yuan per episode maximum (like top billing actors like Zhao Liying/Yang Mi etc) but now COVID's effectively been controlled in China so the limit's probably gone up again.

They make so much more money in China than SK its probably an 8-10 fold difference.

That's why all the Chinese stars return back to China.

I wanted to see season 2 with Yuqi but yeah shit happened but because of it she probably had the opportunities to appear on I am Survivor and Learn Way Wave.

Interesting Info: Yoona (from SNSD) passed like a level 2 Chinese fluency test last year

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Proudly Shares That She Passed Chinese Language Test | Soompi

Reason: probably cos she could promote in China

• I would say western fans are more richer than chinese fans. US Dollar conversion to Korean currency brings you more than Yuan. Also everything in China is pretty cheap, so I'm pretty sure albums sold over are cost way less than in the west.

i don't disagree with china fans buying power but why is everyone obssessed with thriving in west instead of china? west is still more beneficial in the end.

this might depend on another factor.

Chinese population: 1,394,015,977
    USA population: 329,877,505

so you need to clarify because both of you say "western fans" but being western doesn't mean being only from USA :) so you basically saying "whole world which is west outside Asia: meaning Europe + USA + Canada

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Why are people mentioning the west in this thread? This thread is not comparing, it is simply stating that the Chinese market is beneficial. So I'm confused why people are mentioning western audience when op was not referring to it.

• Why are people mentioning the west in this thread? This thread is not comparing, it is simply stating that the Chinese market is beneficial. So I'm confused why people are mentioning western audience when op was not referring to it.

not all all surprised at seeing which users are doing it

• and tell me which kpop idol isnt being controlled and have so much freedom lmao

The ones pandering to the Chinese market are the biggest puppets. C army could not buy the new BTS album like they did with 7 due to harassment all cos they are korean. Save me the fakery.

• Official Post

BP don't heavily rely on China. Only 200k of their 1M sales for The Album came from China, but I do agree that it's beneficial. It's like how Japan can contribute to sales as well, but people aren't ready for that convo.

Chinese celebs can make MUCH more money in comparison to say, Korea. The top 1% celebs in Korea only make 3.7 million US dollars, while the top 1% celebs in China make at least 44 million. Says alot.

People are always in these types of threads screaming "CHINA BAD CHINA BAD", damn if it doesn't concern you or your faves then don't comment?

And please stop bringing up the West in every thread, we get that you have some Western superiority complex and think that any market aside from that, Japan and Korea are irrelevant and dirty, but no need to make it so obvious.

• China is getting a bad reputation these days. Which may explain the slow up of chinese people in kpop. Sooner or later a chinese kpop idol will be caught in some political crossfire, could even involve western politicians which can be scary.

• Official Post

China is getting a bad reputation these days. Which may explain the slow up of chinese people in kpop. Sooner or later a chinese kpop idol will be caught in some political crossfire, could even involve western politicians which can be scary.

Hasn't that pretty much already happened with the Tzuyu flag controversy?

• not all all surprised at seeing which users are doing it

What are you trying to imply by saying this? I'm not from the west neither China. I was just stating a fact that the money you earn from China is gonna be less value than from the money you earn from the west.

this might depend on another factor.

Chinese population: 1,394,015,977
    USA population: 329,877,505

then the culture also plays a big role then. An average American spends way more on entertainment than a Chinese person. Also there's a huge censorship on kpop in China. So there's hardly any chance for a kpop idol going mainstream unless China becomes their main priority for promotion, which is highly unlikely considering we're talking about "kpop" idols, not "cpop" idols.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• What are you trying to imply by saying this? I'm not from the west neither China. I was just stating a fact that the money you earn from China is gonna be less value than from the money you earn from the west.

then the culture also plays a big role then. An average American spends way more on entertainment than a Chinese person. Also there's a huge censorship on kpop in China. So there's hardly any chance for a kpop idol going mainstream unless China becomes their main priority for promotion, which is highly unlikely considering we're talking about "kpop" idols, not "cpop" idols.

wasnt talking about you

dont worry <3

• The US is wealthier but it ain't gonna buy much Asian cultural products. Chinese will always spend more on KPOP than Americans not because they are richer but because they are Asian. Check any of your faves and their albums will be bought more by Chinese than by anyone in the West. Despite the K-ent ban.

I-Fans like point out how the West is better but they conveniently forget that they nor their countries spend much on KPOP. If KPOP had only the West, there would be no group surviving except BTS.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• I would say western fans are more richer than chinese fans. US Dollar conversion to Korean currency brings you more than Yuan. Also everything in China is pretty cheap, so I'm pretty sure albums sold over are cost way less than in the west.

Most Chinese fanbases order from Korean sites or international sites such as Ktown4u so when it comes to physical albums, they pay the same as everyone.

Their digitals are cheaper, or so I heard. But not the physical albums.

lol nope. the physicals price is the same

• yes, that why Chinese celebrities rarely would want to leave China

• China just follows trends and they are not faithful, they are just a group of individual stan who do not support a group but some members of a certain group. They are those that reinforce competitiveness and make believe that a certain member is more supported than another. the sale of albums does not give the money, it is the tours and CM that you can do.

• China just follows trends and they are not faithful, they are just a group of individual stan who do not support a group but some members of a certain group. They are those that reinforce competitiveness and make believe that a certain member is more supported than another. the sale of albums does not give the money, it is the tours and CM that you can do.

and yet those c bars contribute a lot to the sales of kpop groups - i'm sure someone has a table somewhere.

and yes i completely agree that albums dont give you much money I've already mentioned it in my comments above but one day when kpop groups can tour china again its gonna be $$$$

Fans in which country don't follow trends?

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!