BTS has the best and most diverse discography in kpop: a thread

• It is a truth universally acknowledged that the biggest kpop group ever isn't in want of a good discography.

They already have a unique, diverse, one of the kind discography so here is yours truly making a thread, a very rare phenomenon, to showcase it.

I mean here they were, having one of the two biggest Korean songs ever, globally, and they took the risk to release LGO, something completely different from Dynamite. We are talking having guts here and believing in having diverse music. Not a common phenomenon in this day and age, if you ask me.

People think it was luck that made them this huge (I mean every one can comfort themselves in different ways, this is what I do when I think might meet Gong Yoo one day) but the majority of new fans, strangers to kpop loved the music and became fans. Once again this is what good music, spectacular performances and great personalities can get you. But the first thing that lures people in is music.

And without further ado let's me prove my point beyond any doubt. :pepe-shades:

1. A unique song when it comes to lyrics, music and the whole feeling. A great metaphor to portray the feeling of being unable to move on from a loved one, your life still revolving around them .

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2. The perfect combination between rap and an orchestra. Their delivery of the rap and lyrics here is nothing short but perfection.

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3. Hauntingly beautiful, mesmerizing and intense. An instant favourite of mine when the album was release last year.

External Content

4. The best combination of old and new Bangtan in the best possible way. And it has, hands down, the best bridge in kpop.

External Content

5. To be honest I definitely prefer this one way more to the Spotify and mv version. The orchestra gives the song a whole different feeling and it makes it a masterpiece. The lyrics are really personal and I feel most artists can relate to them at some point of their careers.

External Content

6. Last but not least this new masterpiece. My go-to song during these tough times. It provides comfort every simple time I listen to it. This is what Bangtan does the best.

External Content
    [media]

I could go on forever because of the number of amazing songs that can be found in their discography but I think I will stop here because I have already proved my point.

Feel free to listen to these great songs or post the one you think make BTS' discography as perfect as it is. :pepe-grooving:

Two last words for everyone: Stay healthy. :pepe-toast:

• Am I Wrong is pretty darn unique imo

External Content www.youtube.com

• :lover4:the fact that they try so many different genres and concepts and still manage to pull of everything is amazing

You never know what to expect next with them!

Am I Wrong is pretty darn unique imo

External Content www.youtube.com

I am afraid it is not a personal favourite but it is true that using this sample with the provoking lyrics made it really unique.

• What I find great is that with how diverse their discography is, albums are still thematically coherent which makes the listening experience more fun for me. A great example is Tear, the best album of all time.

There's a reason BTS are where they are :peperich:

External Content open.spotify.com

• i love this thread. :iloveyoub:

it is true that BTS 's true passion for music and their musical curiority is what made them the global artist they are right now. They arent afraid to take risks cuz it's about music and fans for them . As V said once, they had an opportunity to get bigger much sooner but they stuck to the parh they wanted.

Their discography is the best HANDS DOWN cuz it has something exceptional for everyone no matter their musical taste.

That's why i almost never feel the need to listen to another artist. Cuz depending on the mood i can find the perfect song

• Great post and the way you chose some of my fave songs to highlight their discography, which lets be real is pretty much flawless.

It was hard to choose just 6. There are so many great songs.

i love this thread. :iloveyoub:

it is true that BTS 's true passion for music and their musical curiority is what made them the global artist they are right now. They arent afraid to take risks cuz it's about music and fans for them . As V said once, they had an opportunity to get bigger much sooner but they stuck to the parh they wanted.

Their discography is the best HANDS DOWN cuz it has something exceptional for everyone no matter their musical taste.

That's why i almost never feel the need to listen to another artist. Cuz depending on the mood i can find the perfect song

Exactly, there is a song and style for everyone and that's amazing.

What I find great is that with how diverse their discography is, albums are still thematically coherent which makes the listening experience more fun for me. A great example is Tear, the best album of all time.

There's a reason BTS are where they are :peperich:

External Content open.spotify.com

I like that there is always a story and a purpose behind every song. :borahae:

• I would like to add this Pied Piper, one of their unique songs with the analogy drawn between the fairytale and their own relationship with fans

External Content youtu.be

Another link to a fairytale, in this re-telling of Beauty and the Beast which can be interpreted as a part of Bangtan Universe storyline too or even heard as a standalone tragic love song.

• yup! if there is one thing you can't say about them is that they don't try different things. they like to switch it up, yet they always succeed to give every song a "bts vibe" & make it obvious that that's their song.

you could listen for hours to them & still not run out of different song styles/genres.

they have worked so hard all these years, making this amazing discography & are still giving us gems

• I can't see any one other than BTS releasing this bop

• The luck bit always p's me off.

Was everyone else working hard and BTS just sat there like cinderella waiting for a fairy godmother to grant them success? Make it make sense. :/

TBH they say luck because it was never meant to happen for these small unkowns who were not from a big company machine. It had to be luck because they defied expectation.

Anyway great thread- their diversity is top notch and this is what draws ppl from all walks of life to them :borahae::borahae::borahae::borahae::borahae::borahae::borahae::borahae:

• btw op not including just one day is a hate crime :cursing:

I would like to add this Pied Piper to one kf their unique sings, such a gorgeous song and the lyrics with the analogy drawn to the fairytale and their own relationship with fans was extraordinary

that song is just them making fun of us :cryingr:

i love pied piper the chorus is an eargasm it seems to be a favorite among nonfans too

• yup! if there is one thing you can't say about them is that they don't try different things. they like to switch it up, yet they always succeed to give every song a "bts vibe" & make it obviously that that's their song.

you could listen for hours to them & still not run out of different song styles/genres.

they have worked so hard all these years, making this amazing discography & are still giving us gems

The 3 tts last year are completely different. And I think the new tt when they official come back, it will be different yet again.

I love it when their songs tell a story!

Their discography is unmatched. Not one song sounds alike yet it has that bangtan touch.

This is their gift!

• I can't see any one other than BTS releasing this bop

And the mv is just as great. :pepe-peek:

Thank you! :borahae:

Ikr? Luck can only help you a little and only for a while. It can't make people become your loyal fans for years.

• A satirical social commentary

• let's talk about how Outro: Tear and House of Cards came from the same group

Pied Piper and Spine Breaker, same group

SOPE even have a trot song ffs

This is a group that challenges their audience

Posting this in light of Jhope's birthday

It's amazing how Ego, Shadow and Persona came together

We knew after that first intro who would take on which concept based on how well they embedded their personal brand into BTS'

• I m glad bts released be

I have it on repeat

it kinda reminds me of a more polished version of their older music

im excited for their next album :claps:

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I felt BE was old and new Bangtan together in the best possible way. :groovins:

It's always the music. Before learning about their names, personalities, songwriting process, etc., people always listen to the music first. If it sucks, nothing else is important enough to make a person stan an artist.

The fact that BTS music appeals to so many people of all ages, from all over the world, says a lot about the quality of the songs they release. It's been consistently good, throughout all these years.

They really love music and you can see it in their songs.

Well, you spoke FACTS only. Good on you :thumbup:

Thank you :claps::borahae:

A satirical social commentary

One of the many :borahae::borahae:

• House Of Cards deserved a mention. One of the best kpop songs ever.

Fans wanted to know their next move and they managed to learn something really interesting in the process. This is amazing.

• BTS discovery is Platinum. That's all.

Taking a serious topic like: Depression, bullying, anxiety, Tragedy, Fear of losing love for Art, Story telling, Education system, they can still make the topic enthusiastic in music. That's the power.

My favourite songs of BTS is Spring Day for a reason.

Lyricist: Has the world's best lyricist. Listen Spring Day to enchant your metaphor knowledge.

Rappers:

Namjoon: Rhyme the world.

Yoongi: Criticize the world.

Hoseok: Visualise the world.

Vocalist:

Jungkook: Can slay any Language , any genre, any note, any style song.

Seokjin: Falsettos, High note, Triple note, Deep voice ( Dionysus), soulful, Silver vocalist.

Taehyung: Deeper than the ocean. Listen Winter Bear to Enchant your Soul.

Jimin: High pitch, unique voice, sound Ethereal.

• That's a really nice post!

• One of the best Japanese bops for me.

1. Crystal Snow.

2. Let go.

3. Your Eye's tell.

4. Film out ost ( I am already obsessed with that 33 second snippet on trailer)

5. Don't leave me.

6. Stay Gold.

MV: Blood, Sweat & Tear Japanese mv is nothing but a masterpiece... Tae's deep stare can kill you..

• Even haters agree with OP because haters love to use the 'I prefer BTS old songs' narrative, which literally means that BTS discography is so diverse that their old and new songs are different and show their versatility

They always go "i MIsS bTs's oLD mUsIc"

than go stream it????

• Not Dont leave me being so low :pepe-cringe:

• Truth untold is not beauty and the beast but rather about La citta di esmeraldo( legend of the esmeraldo flower)

AD1E8C02-7D94-44F1-8C39-CFA3B137C748.png

This is a snippet

• A satirical social commentary

GoGo is one of the best songs in their discography. They way the catchiness and the fun choreo is juxtaposed with the social commentary and the downright depressing content of the lyrics and theme is genius.

• I love your selection!

I also love how most of these songs are from 2020. BTS never stagnates and never rests on their laurels.

Since they keep trying something new all the time, it is easy to find great songs in every album. I felt like in 2020, they releases really good music.

• This thread contains 45 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!