I think JYP is a genius

• Its not news that Nmixx debut is the worst kpop song in years BUT I don't think this was a mistake ! Hear me out

A debut song is supposed to make the group known and bring as much attention as possible and make fans want more .. weirdly O.O did that ! 19m in a day , everyone is talking about the song ( the dailymail talked about them ) JYP just got free media play for his rookie group and the best part any song after this is a glow up , so he got no pressure like he did with itzy

I really believe JYP didn't make a mistake , he got free promotion , got ppl attention and made it easier to impress fans with comebacks ... No risk at all

• I don’t think so, No Kpop company especially jyp that is known for their gg debuts would want a title “ worst Kpop song ever”,.They got 10 producers on the song, they talked about the group being worked on for years, jyp says we should trust him. It’s very unlikely this reaction to nmixx was their goal . They can’t even enter melon top 100 , failure by Kpop gg standard and a very huge failure by JYP GG standard

• "There's no such thing as bad publicity" is not true and no one wants to be known as the group with the worst song ever. Stop trying to pat JYPE on the back for fucking up.

If the reception to a comeback "well it's better than the worst thing ever" that's not impressive. That's having the bar on the floor.

• they would need a drastic difference tho in both sound and concept

If their comeback will be bad received people won't take them seriously anymore and they'll end up doing worse than other big 3 groups

• Ehhh that's the worst strategy ever, what's wrong with Nmixx is more than just their song . JYP debuted a group that no one asked for, who will they compete with the 4th or the 5th gen ? like what the hell ? we all thought that Itzy will be th 4th gen representative from JYP, also itzy is relatively new group they still need attention from the company , yet JYP is shoving down people's throat a new group, at some point debuting multiple groups won't grab people's attention and being from a company won't guarantee success.

ShufenShufen

Edited once, last by nana18 ().

• I strongly disagree. Being from a top company, especially the one that created the current ngg, they were going to get a ton of attention anyways. I only watched the mv twice. If I had liked the song I would have watched it many times and tried to learn the members names. I'm completely done with them until they have a comeback, then I'll give them another chance.

Edited to add: If I were Aespa, IVE, or a trainee at HYBE or YG I would breathe a giant sigh of relief listening to this mess. They could have been a force to be reckoned with with their visuals, company, and Lily's voice, instead it's like someone deliberately sabotaged them.

• By now i just think JYP tried to follow other groups with this concept but failed to recreate it, there's no way their intention was to produce such a horrible song on purpose just to create hype around the group.

• and lets die that division bs I thought it would work well with NMIXX but guess what? They seem lost and doesn’t know what to do.

• You mean JYPE (the company, not the founder)? Some might believe all publicity is good, but I don't know about it when newer title tracks are looked at as a pattern downtrend within your newer groups.

I think "Superhero" is still a better launch track. "O.O", in its current state, would be considered a filler track in my area..especially considering the previous uptrend of JYPE lady groups having at least somewhat decent debut tracks. Eventually, they'll have to amended "O.O" if they want to keep it on NMIXX's setlist after so many years.

• I don’t trust JYP but I really think their 1st cb will do well tbh you can’t do worse honestly

I agree. I think they will do better. I think they will probably end up being very successful in the long run. JYP has the money and resources to give NMIXX the time to settle into a sound and find an audience. They can weather this storm because it will be the hardest on the girls who will have to see the the vitrol that will plague them. :(

• YG strategy - bad

JYP strategy - bad

everything's coming up for LSM!!!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Call me crazy, a company stan or even insane mofo...I don't care.

But after listening to the songs (and yes there are at least 2 songs in 1), I actually like it.

Now, to be realistic:

What they did wrong? They had too many people working on it.

People who didn't coordinate with each other.

So it is a mash-up of mess-ups and some good tunes.

Yet, I still like it.

I remember when people were saying Next Level is shit or Eleven is shit.

On this forum and others.

Give it time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!