Why is NMixx’s debut so much more polarizing than Itzy debut?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When Itzy debuts, everyone was excited for a JYP girl group and their songs, teasers, members are hyped up by everyone. Now with NMixx, people were saying they have no hype, accuse their concepts of plagiarism, say their teasers look low budget, and now say their debut song sounds bad. Both are JYP girl groups, why do people react positively to Itzy yet give Nmixx a hard time? Remember JYP gives us Wonder girls, Miss A, Twice, Itzy who are all loved by the public, why do they seem to turn on Nmixx now?

Edited once, last by bbb988 ().

• The thing is that twice were the biggest gg at that time so it was natural people were looking forward for their debut. Also I don’t know why but I feel like itzy debuted yesterday lol usually the gap between JYPGG is 3 yo but the gap between Itzy and NMIXX seems really close. Also blame JYP they shouldn’t even announced NMIXX until September/October.

• TWICE were arguably the #1 GG at the time of ITZY's debut so obviously people were excited.

Also ITZY's concept & sound were pretty unique, idk about you but the only other girl group I can remember doing something similar to their brand of teen crush at the time is Weki Meki(who aren't very popular anyway). On the contrary, NMIXX clearly are taking inspiration from groups like ENHYPEN, NCT, LOONA, aespa, etc and it doesn't help that these groups are popular among i-fans.

It also helps that DALLA DALLA is literal pop perfection, meanwhile O.O is very experimental & polarizing.

Also I'd say that ITZY were clearly the group leading KPOP into the 4th gen, meanwhile it feels like no one really.....asked for NMIXX? I mean their sound/concept is pretty similar to ITZY & we already have a group from JYP to represent 4th gen.

Plus JYPE kinda killed the hype for them by releasing that JYPn video several months before their actual debut. They're horrible at album rollouts.

• I got into kpop in April 2019 and itzy was pretty much the first girl group I found after Blackpink and I remember the comments on the Dalla Dalla MV being full of people dragging the song for being bad. The second verse and the "keep your chin up" part in particular were regular targets. Once Icy came out was when I started seeing sudden mass support for Dalla Dalla because it became the new target.

• Ikr, when it first drop, people were saying the song were all over the place. When it become a hit song in korea, suddenly everyone say it is a BOP. Classic akp

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That’s how it always is. Everyone hated BM/next level but now they’re great because aespa succeeded.

If this new song is a hit on kcharts: amazing queens of innovation I always liked this song

If this song flops on kcharts : it’s trash they’re ruining kpop and copying other popular “noisy” songs

:pepepizza:

• people roasted itzy too lol. their name is bad, their teasers are boring, the members are ugly, they're copying blackpink, they're copying weki meki, the debut song is bad, it's too experimental and weird, etc etc etc

idk. usually being hated this much before a group even debuts means they're going to skyrocket into insane popularity and success so 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ we'll see

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Well, To me what kills the hype is that this debut don't bring nothing new, nothing.

Why JYP couldnt bring one thing new, one aspect atleast. All is full of common places of Kpop, and the sound is kinda similar to Itzy. This days are many groups and for me this group doesnt stand out from the rest, and that is a problem. Is just more of the same

• ITZY debut was met with a lot of criticism though. When Somi left people were trashing them saying they would flop and JYP was media-playing Ryujin after Somi left. Even Dalla Dalla teasers got a lot of hate. People hating on the song and their prologue film was a Blackpink copy. And once Dalla Dalla was released all hell broke out. Netizens and international fans came together to agree it was bad, noisy, had a mix of different songs in one. Just go on the r/kpop subreddit for their debut song and see the hate lol.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When Itzy debuts, everyone was excited for a JYP girl group and their songs, teasers, members are hyped up by everyone. Now with NMixx, people were saying they have no hype, accuse their concepts of plagiarism, say their teasers look low budget, and now say their debut song sounds bad. Both are JYP girl groups, why do people react positively to Itzy yet give Nmixx a hard time? Remember JYP gives us Wonder girls, Miss A, Twice, Itzy who are all loved by the public, why do they seem to turn on Nmixx now?

But werent itzy had this problem too?
    not to mention. how itzy were attacked for having similar concept to other group (girl crush concept ) also saying how jyp are tryna make them like this certain group by copying them.

And behind the success of Twice, they were hated a lot in their debut for their cute concept. I know they were loved by a lot but also hated by a lot. They used to get massive dislikes on their mvs too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!