there is too much girl crush concept right now smh

• I’m beyond ready for another 2016 era twice gg to debut like at this point girlcrush is boring. yg is still draining all of the lifeforce out of bp and I don’t trust them to give me a proper cute gg, sm chose aespa (derogatory) and it doesn’t even make sense that jyp is debuting ANOTHER girlcrush gg so close after itzy smh

• jungwooswhore

Changed the title of the thread from “there is too girl rush concept right now smh” to “there is too much girl rush concept right now smh”.
  • Actually I dont mind Big 4 groups being girl crush, cuz they have the budgets to make their MVs look stunning and could have renowned experienced producers/casts to at least make something interesting

Whereas for groups outside of them, girl crush for the most part are lazy attempts to make music sometimes.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Exactly.

This feels like back to second gen when people said bgs had tons of interesting concepts, but girls were only sexy or cute. As if Secret, Kara, T-ara, Sistar, etc. were basically the exact same.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I feel like it's more diverse now. Many groups before were either very cutesy or very girlcrush. I prefer smth in between

But I agree that too many midtier groups are doing girlcrush and I don't care for it unless it's done well (blackpink).

and I used to think aespa was only girlcrush but it doesn't seem like that anymore so I'm glad. Hope it stays that way

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• This. KPOP fans think that KPOP GGs only do two concepts - cute or girl crush. Very close-minded.

idk how you're going to look at Aespa or ITZY and think they're girl crush

33595-bd3bd1a8991b6f31ea63677182a1cc8a610cabf4.gif

• Girl Crush is the companies' current preferred tactic to try to slip sexier concepts past feminist censorship by hiding them under faux aggression. It doesn't work. Hardly anyone thinks making pretty girls act like a gang of angry teenage boys on stage is any sort of progress. :-)

Excessive use of the concept doesn't seem as bad today as it was a couple of years ago, though. Groups like fromis_9, for example, are succeeding today with a softer and more likable approach.

• Agree

But i don't have a problem if they can twist things and add a new layer to the concept

For example Aespa are a girl crush GG to me but i can't compare them to other girl crush GG because they aren't just girl crush, they added a new layer to the concept by bringing elements of technology, AI , their universe, ......

Which make that even if they are girl crush i have a hard time only consider them as only girl crush

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I’m beyond ready for another 2016 era twice gg to debut like at this point girlcrush is boring. yg is still draining all of the lifeforce out of bp and I don’t trust them to give me a proper cute gg, sm chose aespa (derogatory) and it doesn’t even make sense that jyp is debuting ANOTHER girlcrush gg so close after itzy smh

Weeekly could probably do early Twice in their sleep. I'm mystified why their agency hasn't paired them up with Heart Shaker 2.0 for their latest comebacks :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also the masterpiece that is After School exists :

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• Girl Crush is the companies' current preferred tactic to try to slip sexier concepts past feminist censorship by hiding them under faux aggression. It doesn't work. Hardly anyone thinks making pretty girls act like a gang of angry teenage boys on stage is any sort of progress. :-)

It’s their desperate attempt also to reach a wider audience since they think all international kpop fans prefer this type of concept.

It gets cringey and try hard.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• I’ll admit that I personally prefer girl crush and all its variants to cute, but I see people complaining about the lack of cute on here all the time when cute songs are still coming out all the time: StayC ASAP and Sterotype, Lightsum Vanilla, OMG Dun Dun Dance, Weeekly After School, fromis_9

(Maybe what I’m considering cute isn’t cute enough for the cute fans, but Dun Dun Dance and Vanilla seemed pretty damned cute to me..)

To me, it seemed like there’s more diversity rn, from cute to girl crush to sophisticated. There are still lots of options for cute if you still want it.

Also people complain it’s for the Western audience but Korea seems to be just as much in love with many girl crush groups too..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• StayC ASAP and Sterotype, Lightsum Vanilla, OMG Dun Dun Dance, Weeekly After School, fromis_9

(Maybe what I’m considering cute isn’t cute enough for the cute fans, but Dun Dun Dance and Vanilla seemed pretty damned cute to me..)

Exactly. There are many ggs doing cute/bright concepts but the people complaining aren't supporting these ggs instead wanting this from others.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Aespa?

They're more of an experimental futuristic concept.

Aespa still fall under the girl crush umbrella though. They just arent the same type of girl crush as Blackpink or Itzy. Would you say that a futuristic, experimental girl group that mostly has a palette of bright colors, have cute choreo with lots of point moves, sing more about love or friendship, and who's performances reley more on winks and smiles have the same concept as Aespa just because they both use futuristic imagery and have experimental music?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!