Update-Forchaser brand deleted instagram account and the necklace from the website

• A little update on the situation from the brand’s side.

The Brand answered to emails about the necklace and they apologised.

It doesn’t look like an official apology, at least I couldn’t find it in their website (then again it’s a Korean website)

95098A73-7360-4999-8510-98F635CECE1E.jpeg06A88ED6-EB6F-4B63-91C7-3F9858C35D84.jpeg

Both the Allah necklace and the Buddha (yes they had that too) necklace got deleted from their website. The only things are left are Jesus, Cross and Angel pendants. It seem like the brand itself was built on these designs?

:watt: :watt:

F6E277C5-2515-4CA4-93DB-92BC66FD6E50.jpeg

97E70A65-7745-43EC-A2FA-2096D7A918BE.jpeg

• I don't understand what the problem was in the first place? He just wore a necklace with that name on it while performing, he didn't do anything else to it. I get that some religious people have a problem with it because of their beliefs, but what can others do about it? It's just the display of a non offensive name, nobody in particular can own a name and stop others from using a name normally.

• I don't understand what the problem was in the first place? He just wore a necklace with that name on it while performing, he didn't do anything else to it. I get that some religious people have a problem with it because of their beliefs, but what can others do about it? It's just the display of a non offensive name, nobody in particular can own a name and stop others from using a name normally.

The problem was the necklace itself. If those who believe in that religion took offence on the necklace nobody else has the right to tell them how to feel. That includes me, you, the company and the brand. Who btw labelled the necklace as ghetto something. Trying to make it as a hip hop accessory.

Also as somebody who don’t have that religion I can’t tell how Muslims feel but from what I gathered from the reactions it’s not only a name for them.

• wow they really use religion as aesthetic and then label it as ghetto hustle swag? :pepefacepalm: About necklace with Allah writing in it, i try to look up what sheikhs and professors in my country say about it. In short, wearing it is okay but you have to be extremely respectful. Like for example for women they can't wear it while on period, only wear it in respectful time, conditions, and place. As a muslim i never think about wearing accesories with Allah or Quran writing on it, but after reading what the sheikhs and profs said i'm even more scared to wear it because i'm not sure i can be responsible for it.

• wow they really use religion as aesthetic and then label it as ghetto hustle swag? :pepefacepalm: About necklace with Allah writing in it, i try to look up what sheikhs and professors in my country say about it. In short, wearing it is okay but you have to be extremely respectful. Like for example for women they can't wear it while on period, only wear it in respectful time, conditions, and place. As a muslim i never think about wearing accesories with Allah or Quran writing on it, but after reading what the sheikhs and profs said i'm even more scared to wear it because i'm not sure i can be responsible for it.

yeah and also labeled hiphop on instagram

It's further proof that religious items and writings are used as aesthetic in the industry or that they don't care. It doesn't take that long to check what you put on the idols or yourself, especially when it's for commercial purposes. I'm not religious nor do I have any attachment to cultural items but I get the frustration felt towards the usage.

At the very least, if you want that international fame (and money), you should monitor your stages and styling

• yeah and also labeled hiphop on instagram

It's further proof that religious items and writings are used as aesthetic in the industry or that they don't care. It doesn't take that long to check what you put on the idols or yourself, especially when it's for commercial purposes. I'm not religious nor do I have any attachment to cultural items but I get the frustration felt towards the usage.

At the very least, if you want that international fame (and money), you should monitor your stages and styling

It also explains how can the stylist pick that as an aesthetic. Except if I were a stylist and come across something like that I would try to find out what it means before I choose it.

:pepestare:

• It also explains how can the stylist pick that as an aesthetic. Except if I were a stylist and come across something like that I would try to find out what it means before I choose it.

:pepestare:

that's a part of what bothers me like yeah there are lazy stylists but some search meaning into what they put on the idols and still end up getting offensive piece of cloth. And the companies too, they can put really small details into their concepts, styling, story and still not bother to monitor for the simplest things.

• The problem was the necklace itself. If those who believe in that religion took offence on the necklace nobody else has the right to tell them how to feel. That includes me, you, the company and the brand. Who btw labelled the necklace as ghetto something. Trying to make it as a hip hop accessory.

Also as somebody who don’t have that religion I can’t tell how Muslims feel but from what I gathered from the reactions it’s not only a name for them.

I understand how labelling the necklace as ghetto can be a problem, but not the other things. People have every right to feel however they want, but that doesn't mean others have to listen to them everytime they have a problem with something. Nobody owns that name and it may mean something to some people but it doesn't mean it should have the same importance to others too.

• I understand how labelling the necklace as ghetto can be a problem, but not the other things. People have every right to feel however they want, but that doesn't mean others have to listen to them everytime they have a problem with something. Nobody owns that name and it may mean something to some people but it doesn't mean it should have the same importance to others too.

Personally I think think even if it’s not my religion I will have respect for others and their view on their faith.

But don’t talk about normal people but company who makes money out of fans, they don’t have the freedom to ignore matters like this when the idol business built on “our fans matter to us”.

K-pop idols and a Jewellery brand making accessories for those idols. The fact that there isn’t (at least wasn’t last time I checked) an official statement from belift or sm already angers a lot of people.

If we look at this from only the money point of view: the fans feel offended by the necklace, they create a problem for the company-> the company will stop buying or promoting the offensive jewellery-> they will loose out on sales.

Both company makes money out of the fans so it’s obvious that even if they don’t agree with it, they gonna take the correct measures to keep business. In this case the jewellery company reacted quickly, taking the products offsite a must make them loose out but on the longer run that can still have positive effect on it.

exactly this!!

also, i think you're not supposed to have accessories and/or jewelry with parts of the quran in it.

People need to realize that is not a simple necklace, it’s considered sacred for Muslims because it has the name of God, “الله”‎ (Allah) engraved in it. Most Muslims are not enraged because Jake wore it, they are upset by the fact he wore it while he was performing, an act which is frowned upon in Islam. Even as Muslims, you can’t even enter bathroom while wearing accessories with God’s name on it in Islam, much less use it as an aesthetic. It’s considered highly disrespectful in the circumstance it was worn. Generally, Muslims don’t even wear necklaces or bracelets with God’s name on it in fear they might accidentally disrespect it unconsciously. “It's just the display of a non offensive name, nobody in particular can own a name and stop others from using a name normally.“ It’s not about owning or using the word, it’s about respect. If you are going to wear someone else’s religious or cultural accessories or attire, it is expected from you to have knowledge and enough decency to respect it, and if you don’t have the decency to respect it, don’t wear it.

(Of course none of what I said is meant towards Jake, I do not blame him.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!